watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Wet Spam

Started by Andy S, March 12, 2018, 12:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Awful scenes from West Ham yesterday. They could be forced to play behind closed doors. Will they be relegated this year?
They play a lot of the top teams in the run in

Slaphead in Qatar

Earlier in the season their fans were phoning the police to complain about the teams performance. Now they are invading the pitch. Making themselves and the club look silly. And yes they could relegated.

As for David moyes - has a former top managers career ever taken such a nosedive.

bobby01

Nothing will happen to the:  they h@ve brooking on the fa board. The fever affair should have taught you they are untouchable let alone being able to move onto orients doorstep
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RaySmith

Seems a real mistake to move from their traditional home - who benefited from this, or wanted it - all to do with cash for the owners?

I understand  WH fans' anger to an exten the way this was sold to them, and what choice did they have? That is added to the sense of entitlement of the modern Prem fan, who always  expects success, and the top players  purchased.

KJS

Basically Wet Spam lease a ground for approx. 24 days a season and that has ripped the heart out of a once proud club and it's supporters, money is the driving force in football today and it will kill it in the end!

grandad

Nothing will happen. They are one of the FA´s darlings & have been since 1966.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FulhamStu

Their fans are the most hatful, obnoxious and nasty I have come across.  They get into home areas then think they can behave like they are in their own stadium.  Can't stand them, always been like this however the media love them as do the FA.

MJG

I think the only way out of this for WHU is to actually buy the stadium and pay back the tax payer.
No matter who the owners are and the great deal they struck(and that they did), they are just there for the 20 odd games a season they are allowed. It is not a home for them. They can tart it up and stick some photos and colours up, but its not theirs.
Just the views of a long term fan

Jem

I can't condone what the West Ham fans did but as much as I dislike the club I have some sympathy for them. Could you imagine what it would be like if Gold and Sullivan bought Fulham?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Carborundum

I'm sorely tempted to look at the key players in this sorry business, judge them and leap to solutions.  But I won't be implementing them and if I was, the root of the problem is their ground.

West Ham is an actual place, it's football club was once exactly that, a club and its people were bound together by something more important than money. Maybe they still are and this moment will be the darkest time, before hope rises again.  Maybe not.  All this is true of Leyton Orient.  Except Orient have a ground that's fit for purpose and I'd be happy to take my kids to Orient if I were a local.

I have a feeling West Ham is going to serve as a dark warning to bad owners contemplating bad actions for a long time to come.  Any club is only one change of ownership away from the type of predicament West Ham are in.

Woolly Mammoth

The owners sold the clubs soul when they left the Boleyn Ground, a massive mistake, and West Ham will never ever be the same club they were.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Agree with MJG and Woolly re- leaving the Boleyn Ground and playing at a stadium they do not own.  Their owners are guilty of chronic short sight and opportunism. 

In so far as crowd trouble and due punishment is concerned the authorities have turned many a blind eye in the past and will no doubt continue to do so.

hovewhite

Leaving there spiritual home is proving the wrong decision,also think there fans are a bad advert for football fans in general!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 12, 2018, 10:06:36 AM
The owners sold the clubs soul when they left the Boleyn Ground, a massive mistake, and West Ham will never ever be the same club they were.

Correct,not with this generation anyway.
Its just a soulless athletic running track where they play now.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jem on March 12, 2018, 09:12:58 AM
I can't condone what the West Ham fans did but as much as I dislike the club I have some sympathy for them. Could you imagine what it would be like if Gold and Sullivan bought Fulham?

👍