watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR first goal

Started by The Swan, March 18, 2018, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We are winning 2-0 and the referee says that a minimum one minute added time to be played.
What do we do, we give away a silly foul 25 yards out. I was so mad as it was right in front of me. As the one minute was ticking away the ref marked out where our wall should stand. Rangers did a couple of dummies and then floated the ball beyond our wall. It was headed across our penalty box and despite the fact we had four defenders nearby we could not stop the rangers player from kicking the ball into the goal. Bad defending. not very cleaver to commit a foul when only one minute of added time announced.
The ref should have ended the game before rangers took the free kick because you can only add time on in the case of a penalty.
I think if Rangers did get a goal before half time we would have won the game.
The Swan

davew

Think you mean did not get a goal before half time, we would have won! I am very surprised that very few on here have commented on the goal being scored in the 3rd additional minute when it was supposed to be only 1?? I actually think there should have been more than 1 additional minute signalled on the board as there were a couple of stoppages, did the 4th official press the wrong button and advised the ref he had made a mistake?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham76

Quote from: davew on March 18, 2018, 08:38:35 PM
Think you mean did not get a goal before half time, we would have won! I am very surprised that very few on here have commented on the goal being scored in the 3rd additional minute when it was supposed to be only 1?? I actually think there should have been more than 1 additional minute signalled on the board as there were a couple of stoppages, did the 4th official press the wrong button and advised the ref he had made a mistake?

I didn't notice at the time but apparently to do with Cairney tying his laces in the centre circle for about an hour after we scored the 2nd, a bit of time wasting.

Ref added time for that by all accounts

Southcoastffc

Sometimes I despair at what football watchers do or do not know.   Do you not hear when it is announced that there is to be a MINIMUM of xx minutes additional time? 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Swan

Read my post again I did write a minimum of one minute added time.
The Swan

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Swan on March 18, 2018, 08:59:59 PM
Read my post again I did write a minimum of one minute added time.
I wasn't actually referring to you - apols if it  came across that way - but a subsequent post.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Milo

Ah well can't complain with result can we. We barely deserved the point.

The Swan

Thanks Southcoastffc. Accepted.
The Swan

colinwhite

A game of two halfs yes . But I will tell you one thing , Id much rather watch the football we played in the first half than the pressing football Rangers produced in the second  . Some people seem to forget one thing ,it takes a hell of alot more to produce the football we play than the hustling game that Rangers advocate. And Joka was supposed to have been outsmarted by Holloway ....... give me strength.

SuffolkWhite

As I have said on other threads 4pts off that lot this season, cant be bad. And they did deserve a draw. We have played a few games this season where we have won ugly so all in all we are doing well.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

There is an old adage in football that you are never weaker than just after you have scored a goal.   It's all about concentration; on forgetting the goal you have just scored and, instead, getting on with consolidating that goal by not giving your opponents an inch before you put another past them.       

Twig

Quote from: colinwhite on March 19, 2018, 05:44:19 AM
A game of two halfs yes . But I will tell you one thing , Id much rather watch the football we played in the first half than the pressing football Rangers produced in the second  . Some people seem to forget one thing ,it takes a hell of alot more to produce the football we play than the hustling game that Rangers advocate. And Joka was supposed to have been outsmarted by Holloway ....... give me strength.

Spot on

LVBPTS

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 18, 2018, 08:50:36 PM
Sometimes I despair at what football watchers do or do not know.   Do you not hear when it is announced that there is to be a MINIMUM of xx minutes additional time? 

praise the lord! someone lese that understands
Supporter since 2000

Riversider

I'm surprised Cairney hasn't had some stick for their first goal, other players in our squad certainly would have done, firstly as has been pointed out, he tried to be clever and failed at the restart after we had scored our second, and clearly irked the referee,
Secondly , the petulant challenge he then made to give away the free kick, it was awful play by Cairney and turned the game on its head, if Fonte had made that challenge their would have been pages on here about it, would their not ?
I like Cairney as a player , but nowhere near as much as I liked him last season, but as a Captain !!! Nowhere near good enough to be a Captain of Fulham Football Club,
If I compiled a list of the Top 30 Fulham Captains of my time , the name Cairney wouldn't be on that list, the worrying thing for me is that as the screw gets turned tighter and tighter at the business end of the season the role of Captain becomes increasingly more and more important, and sadly I just don't have enough faith in him for that role, as demonstrated on Saturday when QPHa put us under the cosh in the second half, where was our Captain galvanizing our troops ? Sadly nowhere to be seen.

KJS

The Ref controls the amount of added time, they scored, end of story

millsy

The timing of their first goal is, for me, not the issue and I'm not even too critical of the careless free kick which gave them the chance to put one last ball into our box.

What concerns me is that we played such a high line, giving the taker a nice big target to drop the ball into and with Matty Smith to compete with, this was asking for trouble. For me, you either fill the space and take your chances in a crowded box, or do as they did but make sure that the keeper takes charge of anything in behind. Seems to me we lost concentration and did neither.

Riversider

Quote from: KJS on March 19, 2018, 03:25:37 PM

Correct !
And he added on additional time because of Cairney, and in that time they scored, now do you understand ?

choice_of_ends

Quote from: Riversider on March 19, 2018, 05:45:24 PM
Quote from: KJS on March 19, 2018, 03:25:37 PM

Correct !
And he added on additional time because of Cairney, and in that time they scored, now do you understand ?
Exactly! TC provoked the ref with his absolutely ridiculous time killing when he prevented QPR from kicking off after the scored. This might have also influenced the ref giving the free kick. Redundant.