watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich City, any concerns ?

Started by Riversider, March 20, 2018, 08:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Doesn't seem ideal playing away from home on the Friday after International games, I assume the team will travel up to Norwich on the Thursday,  but usually some of the players don't even return until the Thursday, 
Norwich away looks like an accident waiting to happen to me, shame it didn't get moved to the Saturday.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on March 20, 2018, 08:18:19 AM
Doesn't seem ideal playing away from home on the Friday after International games, I assume the team will travel up to Norwich on the Thursday,  but usually some of the players don't even return until the Thursday, 
Norwich away looks like an accident waiting to happen to me, shame it didn't get moved to the Saturday.
If it was moved to Saturday we could then moan that Leeds have an extra day to recover from their Friday game. Pretty much same for everyone so I dont have an issue with it. Especially as last friendlies are on Tuesday so players should be back Thursday morning as you say, and travel up in the afternoon.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

It's just an illustration of what a crowded schedule top players have in the Championship. As the standard of this division has risen so has the number of internationals signed to play in it.  They have a pretty full on season.

filham

Can't help but having a moan about these International Breaks. Begins to look as if this one could cost us three points.

terryr

After QPR
I'm worried about every game now

SuffolkWhite

Not worried at all, think we will gey something from the game.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2018, 08:25:15 AM
If it was moved to Saturday we could then moan that Leeds have an extra day to recover from their Friday game. Pretty much same for everyone so I dont have an issue with it. Especially as last friendlies are on Tuesday so players should be back Thursday morning as you say, and travel up in the afternoon.

Nope, that's incorrect !
The game against Leeds has already been moved from the Monday to the Tuesday, as you know it's perfectly normal to play saturday/Tuesday , so no moaning from me or anybody else,
Aston Villa are doing exactly that, so a smart move by them and Villa,
We had more rest than Queens Park Rangers, Didn't do us much good though,
And finally, the USMNT are playing Paraguay on Wednesday 28th March (UK time) so it's going to be a he'll of a struggle for Ream to be playing on Friday afternoon for us,
So again , moving to the Saturday would surely have been the smarter option.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on March 20, 2018, 02:38:21 PM

Nope, that's incorrect !
The game against Leeds has already been moved from the Monday to the Tuesday, as you know it's perfectly normal to play saturday/Tuesday , so no moaning from me or anybody else,
And finally, the USMNT are playing Paraguay on Wednesday 28th March (UK time) so it's going to be a he'll of a struggle for Ream to be playing on Friday afternoon for us,
30th March

Norwich V Fulham
Leeds V Bolton

3rd April
Fulham V Leeds

If we moved to a Saturday then Leeds would have had a day off more than us.
Reading by the way play Friday the day before Villa, so they have an extra day off.

I'm not sure where i'm incorrect in what I said.

Denver Fulham

Nope, that's incorrect !

Ream was not called up by the US for this friendly.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

Nope, that's incorrect !
30th March

Norwich V Fulham
Leeds V Bolton

3rd April
Fulham V Leeds

Reading by the way play Friday the day before Villa, so they have an extra day off.

Playing Saturday and Tuesday is an issue, it isn't, we've been doing it for years, who wouldn't rather have an extra days rest after the Internationals compared to Leeds at home ?
If it's such an advantage then why did QPR look so much better than us in the second half on Saturday ?

Riversider

Quote from: Denver Fulham on March 20, 2018, 03:20:34 PM

Nope, that's incorrect !

Ream was not called up by the US for this friendly.

That's brilliant news, thanks for that, that makes a big difference.

mrmicawbers

Great news about Ream.Really looking forward to this away day.Think we will respond well after the QPR damp squib.

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on March 20, 2018, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

Nope, that's incorrect !
30th March

Norwich V Fulham
Leeds V Bolton

3rd April
Fulham V Leeds

Playing Saturday and Tuesday is an issue, it isn't, we've been doing it for years, who wouldn't rather have an extra days rest after the Internationals compared to Leeds at home ?
If it's such an advantage then why did QPR look so much better than us in the second half on Saturday ?
so you would rather move our Friday game to Saturday and hence we will have played a day later than Leeds?

Bill2

They are only friendlies so hopefully managers will give some consideration to players who have long journeys and not play them the full 90. Also I forsee a lot of subs used so they can get some idea as to best blend of players for the competitive games.

Woolly Mammoth

Very few of them play 90 mins anymore in friendlies, some get less than half a game, there is more chance of them getting injured in training.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Robbie

Saturday 3PM football  !   Don't be daft !

HatterDon

Could be worse. I remember. during the coal miner's strike of the early 70s, watching Luton Town v. Notts County along with probably 300 other supporters at Kenilworth Road one fine Tuesday at 1100. I was working rotating shifts at the time and it was my day off.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel