News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With Zamora/Dembele/A. Johnson/Kamara out, what will our bench look like?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, September 23, 2010, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

For the last couple of games our attacking subs have been E. Johnson, Riise and Gera. I know expect Dempsey to play up front with either EJ or Gera. That will mean that our only attacking options are Riise and EJ/Gera. IMO, and I'm sure Hughes', that is not enough depth.

Do you reckon the likes of Dalla Valle/Trotta will be given a go on the bench? What are our other options?

Lighthouse

I would hope so and Hughes has proved to be very good at giving fringe players a chance. It would also be a good thing to see an ex Liverpool player come on and cause problems for Everton. Another chance for the Pool fans to be cross at Roy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SoCalJoe

Is this the right time to say EJ to be first off the bench?  :022:
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Airfix

Lighthouse

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 23, 2010, 05:33:16 PM
Is this the right time to say EJ to be first off the bench?  :022:

Say it very quietly but I still say play a forward as a forward so I would start with EJ. As the only fit player I prefer pace to start with. Only if anybody asks I never said it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamwannabe

i'd love to see the two scouse lads having a go,,,,,,,,,,even if it's for a quarter of an hour(after securing a result obviously)

jpl

Probably Gera and Dempsey up front with EJ and David Elm in reserve.  Salcido can also play wing which could free up Duff to play a more attacking role like he does for Ireland.  

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: jpl on September 23, 2010, 05:43:28 PM
Probably Gera and Dempsey up front with EJ and David Elm in reserve.  Salcido can also play wing which could free up Duff to play a more attacking role like he does for Ireland. 
i'am going to be realistic but it does look poor doesn't it?elm,ej,gera,dempsey.....come on fulham get splashing for god's sake,he's just sold harrods dinn he?what's 100 mil £?

Airfix

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on September 23, 2010, 05:48:11 PM
i'am going to be realistic but it does look poor doesn't it?elm,ej,gera,dempsey.....come on fulham get splashing for god's sake,he's just sold harrods dinn he?what's 100 mil £?

Would that we could do something before 1st January, I suspect that is precisely what MH would be telling MAF.  Alas, reality is a different animal...

bigalffc

I think we should start with Elm and Demps with Gera in behind. Elm can at least hold the ball up in a BZ kind of way.
EJ on the bench, lets face it he couldn't even make it the Championship.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Oakeshott

Elm up front with Gera playing off him.

And the silver lining in the present very black cloud is that we've got three terrific forwards to come back in AJ, Moussa and Bobby. With them probably returning at approximately 1-2 month intervals, it will be like an excellent signing every couple of months. Once all three are back and match fit, we'll have the best forward line seen at the club for some years.

The Swan

I don't think the two young players we signed from Liverpool were registered in our 25.
The Swan

ImperialWhite

Quote from: theSwan on September 23, 2010, 08:02:16 PM
I don't think the two young players we signed from Liverpool were registered in our 25.

Since they're under 21, they don't need to be. I believe that there's no limit to the number of under 21s you can have in your squad.

TonyGilroy

If Elm and Kamara played for the reserves against Chelsea there's at least a chance that one or both will be on the bench.

I would assume that Dempsey and Gera will play with Davies and Duff wide. Duff, of course, may not be fit in which case Riise.

We all want Della Velle and Trotta to play but only Hughes has the necessary knowledge and judgement to know if they're ready.

Home to Everton would seem to be a safer match to give them a go in rather than away to Stoke or Blackburn but if we don't see them then the sensible conclusion, for me, is that they're not ready and that could mean that they never will be.

If we had fewer injuries it's likely they'd be given loan experience in the lower leagues rather than pitched straight into the Premier League.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 24, 2010, 08:36:49 AM
If Elm and Kamara played for the reserves against the dark side there's at least a chance that one or both will be on the bench.

I would assume that Dempsey and Gera will play with Davies and Duff wide. Duff, of course, may not be fit in which case Riise.

We all want Della Velle and Trotta to play but only Hughes has the necessary knowledge and judgement to know if they're ready.

Home to Everton would seem to be a safer match to give them a go in rather than away to Stoke or Blackburn but if we don't see them then the sensible conclusion, for me, is that they're not ready and that could mean that they never will be.

If we had fewer injuries it's likely they'd be given loan experience in the lower leagues rather than pitched straight into the Premier League.

Some good points. I would go for Elm and Demps up top, and then bring Gera on for Elm. At least he can offer us something in the air and can be dragged off after an hour if he's had little impact.

epsomraver

The Equalizer

QuoteWith Zamora/Dembele/A. Johnson/Kamara out, what will our bench look like?

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc