News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa? Mousa? Mousy? Moooooooooose.....?

Started by Airfix, September 23, 2010, 05:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Why is the Offal absolutely convinced that our crocked Belgian's first name is "Mousa"?  I was led to believe that he used two s's in his forename.

Oh, and sipwell (who is currently in London) is devastated that he won't be seeing him in action. 

Real shame.

fulhamwannabe

it's actually moussa or mousa,it's arabic for moses

Airfix

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on September 23, 2010, 05:59:18 PM
it's actually moussa or mousa,it's arabic for moses

So you are telling me that, when it came for his parents to name him, they sat down in front of the Belgian registrar and said "we'll call him Moussa... or Mousa... we're not sure... can you just put both?"?????

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: Airfix on September 23, 2010, 06:00:55 PM
So you are telling me that, when it came for his parents to name him, they sat down in front of the Belgian registrar and said "we'll call him Moussa... or Mousa... we're not sure... can you just put both?"?????
no,what i'm saying is that "moussa" is a what we call a "nom propre" therefore it can be written either with 1 or 2 ms ie:mouhamed or muhamed or mohamed,,,,,,,,,,,,,got it airflix?

Airfix

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on September 23, 2010, 06:04:32 PM
no,what i'm saying is that "moussa" is a what we call a "nom propre" therefore it can be written either with 1 or 2 ms ie:mouhamed or muhamed or mohamed,,,,,,,,,,,,,got it airflix?

I sort of get your point.  My real name could be spelled many different ways (not all of them complimentary - got in there before some of you lot did) but his parents chose "Moussa"  Surely we should respect that?

LBNo11

fulhamwannabe - behave - see your Private Message
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: Airfix on September 23, 2010, 06:08:17 PM

I sort of get your point.  My real name could be spelled many different ways (not all of them complimentary - got in there before some of you lot did) but his parents chose "Moussa"  Surely we should respect that?
correct mate

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on September 23, 2010, 06:08:17 PM

My parents chose to call me 'Thomas', but my name is 'Tom', 'Tommy', 'Eq', 'Equalz', 'Sir', 'Your Worshipfulness', 'Oi' or 'Git'.

I respond to all.

LB:- behave? I didn't see anything wrong with Fulhamwannabe's response...?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 23, 2010, 06:15:19 PM
it was something else,cheers tomtom

The Equalizer

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on September 23, 2010, 06:18:31 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 23, 2010, 06:15:19 PM
it was something else,cheers tomtom

Behave!  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

americanmike

HatterDon

that's actually his middle name. His first name is Mickey
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel