watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Sack Stam

Started by Southfield White, March 21, 2018, 11:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southfield White

I'm sure a lot of Fulham fans won't be shedding any tears over the sacking of Jasper Stam

Fernhurst

Poor old Jap ........ Cottrill on his way down M4
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WhiteJC

Club statement

Royals part company with manager Jaap Stam by mutual consent

Reading Football Club announce that Jaap Stam has left his position as manager of the club with immediate effect.

Majority shareholders, Mr Yongge Dai and Ms Xiu Li Dai, had wanted to give Jaap every opportunity to turn around what has been a difficult and challenging Championship campaign.

Jaap has not wavered in the time, effort and sheer determination he has put in to try to steer the team away from the position we find ourselves in. However, after careful consideration, the decision has been made that a change is now necessary.

We would like to thank Jaap for his hard work and commitment to the club,  in particular noting what he achieved in a memorable first season in club management, and we wish him the very best of luck in his future endeavours.

We will now focus on identifying and recruiting the right person to take Reading Football Club forward.

The club will make no additional comment at this time but will provide further updates as soon as possible.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/club-statement/

Southcoastffc

Well I for one am sorry to see him go AT THIS STAGE.  I'd rather that they didn't have a new manager until after we play them on 10 April.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

These are the alleged top ten most likely replacements -  Andries Ulderink (currently Reading Asst Coach), Marco Silva, Paul Clement, Phil Parkinson, Nigel Pearson, Steve McLaren, Graeme Murty, Hannes Wolf (fired from Stuttgart in Jan), Alan Pardew, Slaven Bilic.  Several 'of courses' in there!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Nero

Knew it wouldn't be long before he was gone after his assistant manager did the post match press conference on Saturday

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Nero

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 21, 2018, 11:53:08 AM
These are the alleged top ten most likely replacements -  Andries Ulderink (currently Reading Asst Coach), Marco Silva, Paul Clement, Phil Parkinson, Nigel Pearson, Steve McLaren, Graeme Murty, Hannes Wolf (fired from Stuttgart in Jan), Alan Pardew, Slaven Bilic.  Several 'of courses' in there!

Hannes Wolf didn't he used to present the Great Egg Race

Buffalo76

Let's hope the owners have left it too late for the club to avoid relegation 🤗

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Nero on March 21, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

Professor Heinz Wolff, now there was a truly marvellous man.  I had the great privilege of meeting and briefly working with him during my professional life. RIP

Holders

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 21, 2018, 01:25:43 PM
Quote from: Nero on March 21, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

Professor Heinz Wolff, now there was a truly marvellous man.  I had the great privilege of meeting and briefly working with him during my professional life. RIP

What a pleasure. I had the honour to meet the late Prof. Eric Laithwaite, another one-off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeW

This from todays 'Fiver' in The Guardian.  Just excellent:

Reading, after managing one of the most curious promotion campaigns of all time last season when they came within a penalty of the Premier League despite not, at any point, at any stage, in any way, being any good, have come crashing back to the mean this term. Three points off the relegation zone and with one win since the start of December, Stam had looked more and more like a haunted version of the robot from the cover of Queen's News of the World album every week.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ProfficerFFC

Damn, just a few games before playing us. Would have been the easiest 3 points of the season, now I'm not so sure.

David Allen Crankshaw

I remember going onto the Reading website to see Aluko's first interview after he signed for the club. His main reason apparently was the manager who had tremendous ambition. That didn't turn out too well.

filham

Quote from: ProfficerFFC on March 21, 2018, 05:56:59 PM
Damn, just a few games before playing us. Would have been the easiest 3 points of the season, now I'm not so sure.

Yes, you can see it now, the new manager coming in the week before they play us and giving the team a bounce and in particular firing up Aluko to give his best performance of the season against us.

JoelH5

After the playoffs I doubt we'll need much more motivation
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Quote from: MikeW on March 21, 2018, 04:27:51 PM
This from todays 'Fiver' in The Guardian.  Just excellent:

Reading, after managing one of the most curious promotion campaigns of all time last season when they came within a penalty of the Premier League despite not, at any point, at any stage, in any way, being any good, have come crashing back to the mean this term. Three points off the relegation zone and with one win since the start of December, Stam had looked more and more like a haunted version of the robot from the cover of Queen's News of the World album every week.

Just his face shape isn't it really. Although the actual album cover must come close to some of his half time team talks of late

Marcel_Gecov

Looking at the options suggested by Sky, Clement, Cotterill and the ex-Ajax manager - then surely the Ajax manager is the best option? I imagine itll be Clement due to the Chelsea connection with Gourlay however.