more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playoff Final - On my Wedding Day!!!

Started by PhilEsh, March 23, 2018, 09:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Quote from: PhilEsh on March 23, 2018, 09:27:59 AM
Now....I know that this could be a contentious point, however the title does say it all.

With it being my Wedding Day, and the chances of Fulham not making automatic promotion hanging in the balance, I'm thinking that I need a strategy of how to manage things (If we get there).

Bit crass to have a big screen up during the father of the bride speech, and also not sure I can get away with Gentleman Jim whispering sweet nothings into my ear via a bluetooth earbud.

Do I just wing it, and pray for the best, knowing that if none of the guests tell me a score, that we are losing? Or do I actively ask for a score update, only to be shot down and in dismay?

Only have a handful of Fulham mates coming to the wedding, with a few supporting Liverpool, including my Dad and Best man.....Will make for an interesting occasion if LFC make the Champions League Final too, which is on the same evening!!!  :yay: :yay:

P.S. COYWs.

Are you a season ticket holder Phil? If so how many spare tickets will be available?

It is absolutely plainly obvious you can not go, but as Fulham fans support each other?

Ok, I'll be delighted to help .............. NOW , what's her name and where's the Church?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

mrmicawbers

I got married last year and made sure the Final didn't clash.However the home leg against Reading did.Lets hope we get Automatic.My friends Wife has booked a trip to San Francisco for his 50th om Final Day.I think it may be in the Stars.

Andyb

Quote from: Riversider on March 23, 2018, 10:19:08 AM
It's even worse for me, I'm due to be in The Cayman Islands , the difference being though that I will cut short my holiday to be at Wembley,
Looking at our record though over the last 100 years and more, I think that your wedding and my holiday are a very safe bet to take place uninterrupted.

i get back from the cayman islands week before, going out there to book my wedding! Have you been there before?

Brian McGod

Anyone know what dates the semi finals would be?

bobbo

Quote from: gerrys on March 23, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
It's my wedding anniversary weekend......same problem as she hates football, I'mhhardly likely to fly over to England to see the match.........you need to postpone the wedding, your anniversary might clash with the next time we reach the final....
Gerrys ---- just checked your location, and I don't feel sorry for you at all.
I've done my fair share of travelling and there's few places better than where you are.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

PhilEsh

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 24, 2018, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: PhilEsh on March 23, 2018, 09:27:59 AM
Now....I know that this could be a contentious point, however the title does say it all.

With it being my Wedding Day, and the chances of Fulham not making automatic promotion hanging in the balance, I'm thinking that I need a strategy of how to manage things (If we get there).

Bit crass to have a big screen up during the father of the bride speech, and also not sure I can get away with Gentleman Jim whispering sweet nothings into my ear via a bluetooth earbud.

Do I just wing it, and pray for the best, knowing that if none of the guests tell me a score, that we are losing? Or do I actively ask for a score update, only to be shot down and in dismay?

Only have a handful of Fulham mates coming to the wedding, with a few supporting Liverpool, including my Dad and Best man.....Will make for an interesting occasion if LFC make the Champions League Final too, which is on the same evening!!!  :yay: :yay:

P.S. COYWs.

Are you a season ticket holder Phil? If so how many spare tickets will be available?

It is absolutely plainly obvious you can not go, but as Fulham fans support each other?

Ok, I'll be delighted to help .............. NOW , what's her name and where's the Church?

I am indeed! We've got 3 tickets, all who will be there on the big day (I hope).

We're getting married in Stockbridge, near Winchester, her name is Emily! Its a great little location right on the River Test.....heading down there this Thursday, so will have to scout the venue for suitable 4G connectivity and ensure that I don't leave that spot on the day.

Seeing our last 8 matches vs Cardiff's, I would say we can definitely make the difference up - but that could just be wishful thinking!!!  :doh:

PhilEsh

Quote from: Holders on March 23, 2018, 02:46:55 PM
With great respect, you obviously didn't plan this wedding very well!

:012: - I think we planned it too well - as it was booked 14 months ago!!

Disaster really, but I've been told that we can have "Fulham" themed props in the Polaroid photo booth we're setting up.... :031:

Not sure how happy ill be, if they don't make it over the line!!!! However wearing my Fulham shirt for the rest of the evening when they win, will be the best wedding present anyone could ever get me!!

COYWs

fcfulham55

Planned my wedding for June this year, just incase we made it to the FA cup Final or play offs. lol.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

cookieg

I'm sure that she loves you and realises what an important day this is for you and do the decent thing and suggest you rearrange the whole thing.

KJS

I always have 2 days in Richmond on the Fri / Sat to go to the AVIVA Rugby final as the play-off is usually on the BH Monday tickets booked but may well have to lose out!!!!

gerrys

Quote from: bobbo on March 25, 2018, 11:20:48 PM
Quote from: gerrys on March 23, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
It's my wedding anniversary weekend......same problem as she hates football, I'mhhardly likely to fly over to England to see the match.........you need to postpone the wedding, your anniversary might clash with the next time we reach the final....
Gerrys ---- just checked your location, and I don't feel sorry for you at all.
I've done my fair share of travelling and there's few places better than where you are.
:003:

PhilEsh

Bill2

I suspect someone will want your tickets. Have a great day,

David I

Quote from: Burt on March 23, 2018, 01:13:20 PM
3pm on 26 May.

INCORRECT.......

KICK OFF IS AT 5pm!
so plenty of time to do your "I do's" meet the guests then nip out to watch the game.

grandad

Just imagine the situation. The vicar gets to the bit of Do you take  ...... to be blah, blah & you shout out Noooo as we let in a goal.
Where there's a will there's a wife

PhilEsh

Quote from: David I on May 15, 2018, 09:01:54 AM
3pm on 26 May.

INCORRECT.......

KICK OFF IS AT 5pm!
so plenty of time to do your "I do's" meet the guests then nip out to watch the game.

I had it down for a 3pm too - guess that scuppers my plans as the food/speeches are now at 4.45  :dft001:

HV71

Quote from: PhilEsh on May 15, 2018, 10:48:40 AM
3pm on 26 May.

INCORRECT.......

KICK OFF IS AT 5pm!

I had it down for a 3pm too - guess that scuppers my plans as the food/speeches are now at 4.45  :dft001:

Most people I know like quick speeches and of course .........takeaways and TV dinners

Woolly Mammoth

There will be a lot of other opportunities to go to Wembley to watch Fulham FC I expect, enjoy your wedding.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PhilEsh

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 15, 2018, 10:57:22 AM
There will be a lot of other opportunities to go to Wembley to watch Fulham FC I expect, enjoy your wedding.

Yea I know...but once every 43 years isn't a great frequency  :012: - I'll probably have popped my clogs by then!!

Nero

Quote from: HV71 on May 15, 2018, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: PhilEsh on May 15, 2018, 10:48:40 AM
3pm on 26 May.

INCORRECT.......

KICK OFF IS AT 5pm!

Most people I know like quick speeches and of course .........takeaways and TV dinners

I think this is where you get the best man to do the he has two great loves in his life blah blah who hes married today to make him the happiest man alive and Fulham who are in the play off final that hes missing as he loves blah balh so much  so lets get the tvs on and enjoy this true moment of happiness