watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playoff Final - On my Wedding Day!!!

Started by PhilEsh, March 23, 2018, 09:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilEsh

Now....I know that this could be a contentious point, however the title does say it all.

With it being my Wedding Day, and the chances of Fulham not making automatic promotion hanging in the balance, I'm thinking that I need a strategy of how to manage things (If we get there).

Bit crass to have a big screen up during the father of the bride speech, and also not sure I can get away with Gentleman Jim whispering sweet nothings into my ear via a bluetooth earbud.

Do I just wing it, and pray for the best, knowing that if none of the guests tell me a score, that we are losing? Or do I actively ask for a score update, only to be shot down and in dismay?

Only have a handful of Fulham mates coming to the wedding, with a few supporting Liverpool, including my Dad and Best man.....Will make for an interesting occasion if LFC make the Champions League Final too, which is on the same evening!!!  :yay: :yay:

P.S. COYWs.

Woolly Mammoth

You have to get your priorities right on these occasions. So the obvious decision is to cancel your Wedding. You may even decide to change your mind anyway and stay single for a little longer.
Problem solved, no need to thank me, glad to have been of assistance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

It's even worse for me, I'm due to be in The Cayman Islands , the difference being though that I will cut short my holiday to be at Wembley,
Looking at our record though over the last 100 years and more, I think that your wedding and my holiday are a very safe bet to take place uninterrupted.

Milo

I think GJ in your ear is the way forward as you say - just don't yell NOOO! at the altar when Boro score a late winner.

filham

You have to play the martyr and go ahead with the wedding just making it clear from time to time what a big match you are missing.
Now for the rest of your life you can remind her what a huge sacrifice you made on the wedding day and thus get to see whatever you want,

SuffolkWhite

We might just go up automatically and your day will be complete even  before the wedding.

I'm back for the play off final if we make it, but miss the semi finals as in Spain!!!!

Good luck anyways.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bog

What a nightmare. Can't you arrange for a sub? Or they use a cardboard cut out with a mouth on a piece of string??  :022:

092.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

gerrys

It's my wedding anniversary weekend......same problem as she hates football, I'mhhardly likely to fly over to England to see the match.........you need to postpone the wedding, your anniversary might clash with the next time we reach the final....

Southcoastffc

What time is the Play off Final?  Answer could determine whether you interrupt the wedding or the early part of the honeymoon.......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Burt

Holders

With great respect, you obviously didn't plan this wedding very well!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham 442

Think how Prince Harry feels with his wedding being on the same day as the F A Cup Final.  Mind you he is supposed to be a gooner so his team won't be there!  I don't know how seriously you take your football but if I were you I would be really stressing over how the game was going.  I think the only way I could cope would be to try to put it out of my mind.  I wouldn't want anyone giving me updates etc and would give my full attention to my wedding day, after all that is a one off (hopefully!)  Later on in the evening you could have a cheeky look at the result.  Fingers crossed it is the one we are all hoping for, as I can't see us making automatic now.  I'm sure your wife will be proud of your restraint if she knows how much Fulham means to you!  Does she like football btw?  She would be more understanding if she does I'm sure!  Wishing you all the best for your special day, hopefully it will be doubly so!

sunburywhite

What time is the wedding?

I will be on holiday in Sicily so I might have to subscibe to Fulham TV if its on
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Milo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 23, 2018, 12:10:23 PM
FYI for all     It's on the 26th May

"Where to, Guv? Heathrow? Going somewhere nice are ya?"
"To Wembley good sir!"

flyingfish

My wedding was the happiest day of my life until the arrival of my first born. Way More important than football.  The score, if Fulham even get there,will be out of your control. Put it out of your mind and focus on the big day. Tell everyone not to tell you the score. Do a likely lads and record it and watch it the following day 'live'. Otherwise it will make you anxious and miserable and ruin what should be a top day.

aaronmcguigan

There will be plenty more wives to marry and that's a FACT. But who knows if there will ever be a chance for Fulham to win a trophy at Wembley ?

Fulham Tup North

To be honest, if she really loves you...................  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

All the more reason why we need to go up automatically, it will save a lot of trouble all round.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.