https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quick turn over to Sky 1 , An idiot abroad

Started by FatFreddysCat, September 23, 2010, 09:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Scrumpy

Cheers Fred, I've been meaning to watch this.  :045:

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Travers Barney

Well done for yesterday's post Scrumpy old boy...divided opinion on the qpr ha ha thing....if things go quiet at work you could perhaps work for talk sport as one of their agent provectateurs!

I really enjoyed our stay at Rangers actually...no place like home though.

Hope to bump into you and your ladies soon.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Scrumpy

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 23, 2010, 09:50:26 PM
Well done for yesterday's post Scrumpy old boy...divided opinion on the qpr ha ha thing....if things go quiet at work you could perhaps work for talk sport as one of their agent provectateurs!

I really enjoyed our stay at Rangers actually...no place like home though.

Hope to bump into you and your ladies soon.

We are the whites
Good to hear from you Barney. I was going to get in touch to see if you're going to West Ham. We are. Maybe have a drink in Putney first and then a trip along the District? I'll be in touch nearer the time.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Terry Tibbs

Fred, I don't have Sky.  But judging by its title, this show sounds like it's about Howard Webb's World Cup this year.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 23, 2010, 10:25:18 PM
Fred, I don't have Sky.  But judging by its title, this show sounds like it's about Howard Webb's World Cup this year.
It's Karl Pilkington (one of Ricky Gervaises mates) being sent around the World. He plays it all very downbeat, picking up on all the badstuff. The Great Wall of China was described as the Alright wall of China, eating toads, toilets with no doors, kung fu school (some Chinese fella threw a needle through a pain of glass to pop a ballon).  Good entertaing stuff, which reminds me i must put it on series link.

Terry Tibbs

I know, I was (trying to be) satirical.  More of Gervais's cruelty humour?  The Office was genius, but he's bored the threepenny bits off me since then.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 23, 2010, 10:32:11 PM
Fred, I don't have Sky.  But judging by its title, this show sounds like it's about Howard Webb's World Cup this year.
It's Karl Pilkington (one of Ricky Gervaises mates) being sent around the World. He plays it all very downbeat

, picking up on all the badstuff. The Great Wall of China was described as the Alright wall of China, eating toads, toilets with no doors, kung fu school (some Chink fella threw a needle through a pain of glass to pop a ballon).  Good entertaing stuff, which reminds me i must put it on series link.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 23, 2010, 10:41:03 PM
I know, I was (trying to be) satirical.  More of Gervais's cruelty humour?  The Office was genius, but he's bored the threepenny bits off me since then.

It's Karl Pilkington (one of Ricky Gervaises mates) being sent around the World. He plays it all very downbeat

, picking up on all the badstuff. The Great Wall of China was described as the Alright wall of China, eating toads, toilets with no doors, kung fu school (some Chink fella threw a needle through a pain of glass to pop a ballon).  Good entertaing stuff, which reminds me i must put it on series link.
I thought his Fame and Animal gigs were very good.

Terry Tibbs

Sorry Fred, that last post of mine was pointless.  As I say, I don't rate anything he's done since the Office (though I thought the Christmas specials were sub-standard).  Extras just looked like something he and the tall one thought up in a pub one dinner time....just to cram all the famous people they could into it. But, like I say, that last post of mine was daft, because comedy is so personal; and good luck to anyone who likes his recent work....it's just that I don't.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 23, 2010, 10:51:22 PM

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 23, 2010, 10:59:21 PM
Sorry Fred, that last post of mine was pointless.  As I say, I don't rate anything he's done since the Office (though I thought the Christmas specials were sub-standard).  Extras just looked like something he and the tall one thought up in a pub one dinner time....just to cram all the famous people they could into it. But, like I say, that last post of mine was daft, because comedy is so personal; and good luck to anyone who likes his recent work....it's just that I don't.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 23, 2010, 10:51:22 PM

No worries Tel, i thought Extras was superb to be honest, especially the Cheggars one, but as you said, each to thier own, anyhow i'm of to watch a bit of telly. Night All.