Main Menu

England v Italy

Started by filham, March 27, 2018, 08:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: davew on March 27, 2018, 10:03:16 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 27, 2018, 08:43:54 PM
We are playing really well. Best friendly game I have seen in ages
Really, you should have watched Spain v Argentina, a proper match!!

I have been banging on about their Isco kid for ages....

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 27, 2018, 08:51:20 PM
England very bright against a decent Italian side.
Lingard and Sterling so quick in both their feet and brain.

Half time and England have 1-0 lead.

[/quote\]

Yes it's a good test against another major footballing nation, and I like this back three system, we seem to have the players to fit in and operate it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on March 27, 2018, 10:05:51 PM
What do you criticisers want. Bar stones 's couple of mistakes and Ashley young not achieving much I thought we played pretty well, sterling , lingard and vardy giving them plenty of problems with pace.
I thought a fair result to a very good game. On top of that . The referee was also excellent.

I agree bobbo, there is no pleasing some people.
I haven't seen that referee before, I thought he was quite decent overal, do you know what nationality he is.

Never forget your Roots.

Dr Know

The referee comes from Germany .

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dr Know on March 28, 2018, 08:17:48 AM
The referee comes from Germany .

Well he was one of the better ones, a very tall man, I am sure we will see him again.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: davew on March 27, 2018, 10:07:31 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 27, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 27, 2018, 08:13:12 PM
Can´t be bothered to watch it.

How sad
Maybe, but if he had have been watching a real match Spain v Argentina as I have, he would have enjoyed an enjoyable evening as I have! I think us oldies have experienced more disappointment watching England over the years than we have Fulham, but we still support Fulham and follow every match they play!

Spain v Argentina was a one sided affair. England had a real test. I know which
Ch match I would prefer to watch. 

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 28, 2018, 08:10:04 AM
What do you criticisers want. Bar stones 's couple of mistakes and Ashley young not achieving much I thought we played pretty well, sterling , lingard and vardy giving them plenty of problems with pace.
I thought a fair result to a very good game. On top of that . The referee was also excellent.

I haven't seen that referee before, I thought he was quite decent overal, do you know what nationality he is.

I agree too. I'm fed up with the moaners who criticise this young England side. We've underperformed in the past but this is a new manager who is giving youth a chance. The results have been decent, the football is much more modern possession based (tippy tippy if you are being negative). I think it's time we got behind them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on March 28, 2018, 11:31:16 AM
Quote from: davew on March 27, 2018, 10:07:31 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 27, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 27, 2018, 08:13:12 PM
Can´t be bothered to watch it.

How sad
Maybe, but if he had have been watching a real match Spain v Argentina as I have, he would have enjoyed an enjoyable evening as I have! I think us oldies have experienced more disappointment watching England over the years than we have Fulham, but we still support Fulham and follow every match they play!

Spain v Argentina was a one sided affair. England had a real test. I know which
Ch match I would prefer to watch. 

I agree entirely Twig

Never forget your Roots.

filham

What do we want ? More than just the odd goal please. I am getting the feeling that the better teams in Russiia are just going to shut the door on us and we could well come home without a goal.
The pressure on Harry Kane is going to be enormous.

Holders

Quote from: Twig on March 28, 2018, 11:35:51 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 28, 2018, 08:10:04 AM

I agree too. I'm fed up with the moaners who criticise this young England side. We've underperformed in the past but this is a new manager who is giving youth a chance. The results have been decent, the football is much more modern possession based (tippy tippy if you are being negative). I think it's time we got behind them.

I agree, Twig. We were done by Germany when we featured Lampard and Terry against their young side, the future is here (bar Sessegnon, of course). That said, I thought that we were opened up easily and Italy were worth the draw. It wasn't a penalty though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Caught the second half and, for the first time in 25 years or so, there was an England full international playing that I'd never heard of. So, which club does the guy with the Polish name who gave up the penalty play for?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2018, 05:58:59 PM
Caught the second half and, for the first time in 25 years or so, there was an England full international playing that I'd never heard of. So, which club does the guy with the Polish name who gave up the penalty play for?

Presumably you mean Tarkowski? He plays for Burnley.

HatterDon

Quote from: Twig on March 28, 2018, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2018, 05:58:59 PM

Presumably you mean Tarkowski? He plays for Burnley.

That's the one ... and thank you!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

I thought Tarkowski was decent prior to the foul. Good passing ability, he's wasted at Burnley. He deserves a second look for England in my opinion. Probably the best thing to come out of the past 2 games is Livermore didn't get a look in. Hopefully he will be cut as he's not good enough.