watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Italy

Started by filham, March 27, 2018, 08:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

OK, we have done well recently and managed to stack up a few clean sheets.
Tonight we want to see some life in the box leading to some goals.

fluffyninja

Bit of a dodgy start Stones didn't seem to know where the ball was for a minute there.

grandad

Can´t be bothered to watch it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

F(f)CUK

We are playing really well. Best friendly game I have seen in ages

Fernhurst

England very bright against a decent Italian side.
Lingard and Sterling so quick in both their feet and brain.

Half time and England have 1-0 lead.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 27, 2018, 08:43:54 PM
Can't agree. Defensively, largely because of Stones, England look very weak. Italy should, not could, have been 2 up in the first 5 minutes. Vardy and Stirling look good, their pace is troublesome but the Italians are playing the better football in what I think is a pretty poor game.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Come on England we are at Wembley, I am hoping for a better 2nd half.

F(f)CUK

Missed the first 20 minutes

BestOfBrede

Twig

BestOfBrede

And Mitro scores again!

Fulham Tup North

Boring game... Lots of Tappy Tappy football but no end product 2nd half.
England to win the World Cup...by sending the rest of the humanity to sleep.....

Roll on Saturday...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

One goal is not going to win many games in Russia, we have to liven up our attack.
Sterling a magnificent player and no doubt his air fare is already paid but he is not going to score a goal for England. in a month of Sundays.

Loads of corners, but no variation, all easily dealt with by Italy.

davew

Quote from: F(f)CUK on March 27, 2018, 08:43:54 PM
Really, you should have watched Spain v Argentina, a proper match!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

What do you criticisers want. Bar stones 's couple of mistakes and Ashley young not achieving much I thought we played pretty well, sterling , lingard and vardy giving them plenty of problems with pace.
I thought a fair result to a very good game. On top of that . The referee was also excellent.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Quote from: Twig on March 27, 2018, 09:34:15 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 27, 2018, 08:13:12 PM
Can´t be bothered to watch it.

How sad
Maybe, but if he had have been watching a real match Spain v Argentina as I have, he would have enjoyed an enjoyable evening as I have! I think us oldies have experienced more disappointment watching England over the years than we have Fulham, but we still support Fulham and follow every match they play!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: bobbo on March 27, 2018, 10:05:51 PM
What do you criticisers want. Bar stones 's couple of mistakes and Ashley young not achieving much I thought we played pretty well, sterling , lingard and vardy giving them plenty of problems with pace.
I thought a fair result to a very good game. On top of that . The referee was also excellent.

The referee was the best man on the pitch.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 27, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 27, 2018, 10:05:51 PM

The referee was the best man on the pitch.
Says it all really!!

Riverside

Was a party at the Cottage .
No goals but should have been .
Woodwork and missed penalty - Colombia could have been Fulham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

I enjoyed the match. I thought England look comfortable with playing three at the back.
Of course these last two matches have been used for a little experimenting, and I am sure a lot more has been learnt about different players. Bearing in mind it's a comparatively young team, and it was good to see Butland and Pickford get a full game.
Pickford has very good feet, especially with this system of play. Not a lot between the pair of them. But I think I would select Jack Butland over Pickford. Because he is good at all the basics and very good at doing what keepers are paid to do first and foremost. With Harts experience he is a good back up at the moment. But then again there is Nick Pope who has burst on the scene. So we are well stocked for keepers.
It was a nervous start last night, as Italy pressed high. But once we settled down, our pace troubled Italy throughout, as our pace will trouble any team.
Interesting selections for Southgate to make, and I thought Sterling was on fire again last night, and Vardys goal was sublime, as was the build up.
Perhaps a little more creativity in midfield is needed, a fit Lallana, Wiltshire and Ali would certainly strengthen us, but only if they are fit.
I liked Oxlade-Chamberlain in his new role, he looks a better player there, with a new lease of life.
We can only get better, just need to shake off the nerves and relax, a young squad, and it's important that they are managed properly.
I also liked the way players were given different roles to play in case of emergency during a game, to help keep the shape, no stone left unturned, including John Stones. Of course there is plenty of polishing up to do, and there is competition for places, we mustn't get carried away, and expectations being fairly low will be a good thing, the last thing they need is unnecessary pressure.
But I would like to see us play at a higher tempo, and the players will do that much better if they are relaxed. Lots for Southgate to think about, but I am sure he will relish it.
Let's face it no team cannot dominate matches for 90 mins and win every match and play perfect football, the opponent won't let you.
So let's stop nit picking, complaining for the sake of it because of a hidden agenda, and dissecting every mistake. My wife took a peak at some of the adverse remarks and could not believe the attitude of the moaners and thought they were a lot of big girls blouses, and I agree with her, she said shame on them, and she is right.
No other team has to put up with it.
Perhaps some people just need a comfort blanket. 
Anyway there appears to be no more indulging of players egos, like under Sven, McLaren and Capello which wasted a whole generation of quality players.
When you look at the younger age groups also, who are being coached on a similar system, and have tasted success in competitions, then maybe we can look at a brighter future, but just don't moan for the sake of it, otherwise my Mrs will be coming on here as a member, and that would set the cat amongst the pigeons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.