watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are We Certs For A Play Off Place.

Started by filham, March 28, 2018, 01:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The International Break is  over and we can now focus on our Championship programme again.
How are we placed, the automatic promotion place seems extremely unlikely, Cardiff would have to slip up in a big way. We are looking well placed for one of the four play off place with an 8 point lead over Bristol City in 7th place, so with only eight games left they are going to have to show very good form to catch us.

Last season we reached the play offs with 80 points and this would seem a realistic target again this season which would mean we need 11 points from 8 games while City need 19 points from 8 games.

Recently we have achieved great victories against top teams and we had thought the last eight games would provide us with a relatively easy run in. However the points dropped at home against QPR and the poor second half performance has left doubts in our ability and suddenly those last eight games do not look that easy.

Essential the team get things together quickly and hit the 11point target as soon as poossible, a couple of wins in the next week against Norwich and Leeds would do nicely but right now that doesn't look too easy.

Milo

I have no concerns at all personally...

SuffolkWhite

Unless our form becomes very poor like losing 4 and drawing 2 or something like that , we are in the Play Off's for sure.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Horsfield_No9

I think it was mentioned 7 points should all but confirm it.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Barry White

If we can be caught by 7th place then we can catch Cardiff, it's about the same size gap.

Personally i dont think either will happen and we'll finish 3rd / 4th .

MJG

Being a Fulham fan, of course not. There are more teams chasing this season than for quite a while so anything could happen either way.
Just the views of a long term fan

jeremyfulham

We need to overtake 1 team for automatic 4 teams need to overtake us to stop us getting a play off spot, it would take a major catastrophe for us to slip to 7th or lower in my view, I haven't given up on 2nd provided we do our end I can see Cardiff dropping lots of points.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 28, 2018, 01:17:12 PM
Unless our form becomes very poor like losing 4 and drawing 2 or something like that , we are in the Play Off's for sure.

Even that kind of form could see us OK.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on March 28, 2018, 01:39:45 PM
Being a Fulham fan, of course not. There are more teams chasing this season than for quite a while so anything could happen either way.
I like this comment since 'anything could happen' is what our football has been about this whole season.  One game at a time, please.

Sgt Fulham

We have Mitrovic, Cairney and Sess along with a bunch of other extremely talented players. We're not going to fall out of the playoffs. I find it almost absurd that we're likely not going to go up automatically given our squad.

filham

Quote from: toshes mate on March 28, 2018, 02:31:24 PM
I like this comment since 'anything could happen' is what our football has been about this whole season.  One game at a time, please.
The main worry is that second half home form against QPR. If we continue in that way against Norwich then we may have a problem.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

Twig

Robbie

We are in the playoffs BUT there is a 75% chance we won't go up !    (Sadly)

ffc73

Like being 2-0 up with 70% possession & cruising? Oh dear

Or thinking about what European away day we get next when murdering Odense. Whoops.

Or making a Horlicks of it in 82/3 when we managed to finish 4th when 3rd was in our own hands?

Or being relegated @ HT @ Citeh & surviving?

Earn the points first. Then we are in the playoffs.

Woolly Mammoth

If we are good enough, which I think we are, we will make the play offs.
If we are not good enough we will not make the play offs. It's that simple.
Then the fun commences.
A 2 legged affair. We have been there before. Hopefully this time we play our home game second. But it is not a disaster if we do not play our away match first.
So we have two bites of the Cherry. The way I see it is not to treat it as two legs. But two individual games, and just win them both, as we are capable of winning both home and away. So go for it, I don't buy into this theory, that if we avoid defeat in the first leg, then we will be favourites to win our home match.
Let's win the first leg, then they have to win the second leg which will make them come at us, and we can pick them off easier, providing we show some grit and the proper application.
Just do it on both days, it makes life easier, it's all in the head.
Not a situation for faint hearts.
Then if that goes according to plan. It's the wide open spaces of Wembley in a massive shop window for the world to see.
Can we handle it, I do not know.
Have we the ability yes.
Have we the system of play yes.
Have we the armoury to score goals, yes.
Have we the players to get to the top flight, yes.
Can we defend and keep clean sheets in those three games, maybe.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

More than 1 point from these two Easter games and I say yes, anything less and I think it's panic stations and anything could happen. Not only do we need a win but we also need a rousing performance to give the supporters a lift and to let the rest of the division know that QPR was just a horrible blip and nothing more sinister,
I would also feel a whole lot better if Neeskens Kebano suddenly reappeared back in the match day squad as a break for Sessegnon is vital if we've got any chance of success in the playoffs.

FulhamStu

We are 16 games unbeaten, we have everyone fit with a striker in hot form.
We are without question one of if not the best teams in the championship.
2nd is our target.  8 points clear of 7th with 8 games to go and a huge goal difference in our favour.

Of course things could go wrong, and we could lose on Friday however to think it could go that wrong
To the point where we would not pick up a few wins and a few draws to get us into the playoffs is
Unthinkable.

I think it will be playoffs and I think we should go into them with a squad that has been correctly primed,
Some players rested and everyone totally fired up for those 3 games.

It's gonna be quite a finish this season and the fans need to get very excited and drive the team onto
Promotion.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on March 28, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
More than 1 point from these two Easter games and I say yes, anything less and I think it's panic stations and anything could happen. Not only do we need a win but we also need a rousing performance to give the supporters a lift and to let the rest of the division know that QPR was just a horrible blip and nothing more sinister,
I would also feel a whole lot better if Neeskens Kebano suddenly reappeared back in the match day squad as a break for Sessegnon is vital if we've got any chance of success in the playoffs.
Of course the Norwich game is Friday, that gives us but a day to get the squad together and briefed for the match, while not a six pointer or a must win match it is pretty important. Fail to win and we will have doubts about our form which could then carry overto the Leeds game.
Come on Fulham lets have a good clean win .