watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield Wednesday

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 04, 2018, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Have a feeling this will be our toughest challenge to date. They've got a few players back now, Forestieri, Bannan etc, and their fortunes are starting to turn. I know they can't go anywhere this season, but, they beat Present 4-1, and then dispatched Sunderland 3-1, so are scoring goals.

Not looking forward to this one, however, we are going to need to go there and win.

Fernhurst

Me too, have feeling a point will have to do (if we can get it)

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sgt Fulham

They seem to always beat us but we are better than them, players back or not. Unfortunately they have nothing to lose and so will play with a lot of freedom. As someone else said this will be our toughest game left. Not Millwall.

ex-Pat

Oh here we go ,,,happy with a point crew, that's ridiculous,,,we need to win and will win.

Jem

Quote from: ex-Pat on April 04, 2018, 01:50:31 PM
Oh here we go ,,,happy with a point crew, that's ridiculous,,,we need to win and will win.
No one said they were happy.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 04, 2018, 01:39:54 PM
They seem to always beat us but we are better than them, players back or not. Unfortunately they have nothing to lose and so will play with a lot of freedom. As someone else said this will be our toughest game left. Not Millwall.
While we are in with that small chance of automatic promotion the next game is always going to look hard. Take that away and then face the play offs and they will look even harder.
It is not easy getting out of the Championship.

Jims Dentist

This one really worries me as well.
They have recently hit the sort of form that you would expect from their very strong squad.
They are big up front and when fully fit Bannan pulls the strings.
Once again let's hope for the best.

gezkc

This will be a hard game now they've got a lot of their players back. Nuhiu's been scoring a lot of goals and with Forestieri and Bannan back, they're always going to be dangerous.
Hopefully we can still do the business, but I wish we'd met them a couple of weeks ago!

SP

For some reason I'm concerned by Reading on Tuesday, perhaps it's the return of the Martin? They've been awful recently & offered nothing at Villa last night but...

Jims Dentist

We will need to be far more up for it than we were 2nd half against Leeds.
They won nearly all the 50/50's and we seemed to think we could just coast through without too much effort.
Great result, But ----------.

hovewhite

Sheff we'd game ,think this is toughest game of run in.
They seem to have there mojo back.The plus is if we win it then everyone should know we are heading back to the P.L.

gezkc

I know I'm as big a worrier as anyone but it is funny how difficult all games look at this stage of the season, the reasons being:

1. Teams have a chance of getting into the play offs so will play for their lives.
2. Teams are at risk of relegation so will play for their lives.
3. Teams that are midtable have nothing to lose, so will play with no holds barred.

In other words, there are no easy games!

davew

Quote from: SP on April 04, 2018, 08:00:20 PM
For some reason I'm concerned by Reading on Tuesday, perhaps it's the return of the Martin? They've been awful recently & offered nothing at Villa last night but...
Don't worry about Martin, he probably won't want to play!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

Surely all games look tough on the approach path and are tough over the ninety minutes unless you dispatch the opposition with a hiding.  We will remember the 5-0 results from last season and the 6-0 this season and note the trepidation of supporters before those games.   Anxiety is natural for supporters but I do believe SJ has our lads believing in themselves and now looking upon every game as a challenge that simply has to be overcome - like a puzzle that needs solving.  We have the ability to win the next game in front of us and so let us see what happens on Saturday and enjoy the emotion that goes with not knowing the outcome of something until you get there.

As gezkc says we are the team to beat right now and it is never is and never was easy to get where we are.