watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Wednesday

Started by terryr, April 06, 2018, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Not much on their boards....what there is I've posted.
Sheffield have a bizarre joint Wednesday/united board in addition to the usual forums...interesting  to read how  both  sets of fans comment on the same topics / upcoming games and slag each other off . Cant really see anything like that elsewhere so worth a look if for no other reason at least....  https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=99   

"We have a lot of respect for Fulham but I believe in my team and we want to give our supporters at the end another good result.
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/we-need-a-top-performance/

" "To get a good result, we will need a top, top performance"
Must go down as one of the greatest ever quotes in world football.
I wish the Football League would ban press conferences. Absolute waste of time."

" Nah, we can play our reserves and beat this bunch of mugs."

" After our recent upturn in performances and results the atmosphere on here has been great, the silly rumours have stopped(mostly) and it's like owlstalk should be again. But tomorrow will bring a different challenge with a inform Fulham coming needing 3 points to try and catch Cardiff for second place. So if we do lose are we staying calm or is it meltdown season again?"

" I'm guessing we all know the answer to that mate , it's going to be a very difficult game tomorrow against arguably the best side in the division , so hopefully people don't start calling for Meson McCarthy or anyone else if we do get beat , saying that we will win tomorrow 3-1 fingers crossed . "

" seasons over so just looking forward to seeing a good game tomorrow . hope we win but wont be too upset if we don't as long as we play well ."

" Tomorrow will be a gauge as to how far we still need to go , we could even beat them , what then !!!?"

" Most owls can cope with defeat, it's the manner of the defeat they can't ."

" We can win tomorrow. Confidence breeds confidence.
Fulham are on a run. But if anyone can end it, it's us."

" Good, solid performance will do for me.
Given our recent results, don't think Fulham will be looking forward to coming here one little bit, considering what's at stake for them."

" I expect Jos to park the bus tomorrow with Atty feeding on scraps. Not gonna be easy on the eye but would be happy with a draw.
Can any statto's out there tell us the earliest we can be mathematically safe? Ever the optimist me and that. "

" Think it will be Fulham, who are nervous. We have no pressure now, Fulham on the other hand will be thinking if we mess up this season, this was our best chance. Next season could be difficult as will lose a number of good players and then back to mid table mediocrity, bit like us.
So another win for us, as long as we don't go bloody defensive in the 1st half as usual."

" I'm loving this, I hope we don't park the bus but I do this Jos will go for his steady first half approach, if we don't have a good outlet and invite pressure I think we will be in a spot of bother. I'm with snoots and think we can win!!!!"

" first time in nearly 3 years where the result doesn't matter so i'd be disappointed if he did set up defensively (I don't think he will)......."

" We have brilliant vocal support when we win.
Sadly we now descend into self hatred and searching for scapegoats whenever we lose.
The question is does this keep players and management on their toes to work hard to gain every point?
Or would we be better giving vocal support to help encourage willing servants who are going through a bad patch sometimes?"

" Fulham?!  Pah! Who are they?! We even threw the game against them last time..........."

" It's only Fulham not Bayern . Last three matches we've won them all Fulham won two and a draw . Away out of twenty they've lost five and drawn five . At home we have lost and drawn seven and one of those was against swarbrick . Last ten matches between the two teams we've won five with two draws . Villa were ours without swarbrick , Cardiff nothing special so Fulham just don't worry me. Pressures all on them . We've beaten better and lost against worse so bring them on . "

" We can forget the play offs if we don't beat Fulham"

" Will be a good test against Fulham, their manager already sounds concerned about the dual threat of Nuhiu and Joao.
To be honest I was more concerned about losing to Sunderland.
Performances against the top clubs have been better than those at the bottom.
Be good to welcome Stuart Gray back to Hillsborough too."

" If we win tomorrow and Barnsley lose we will be mathematically safe. We will have 50 points and Barnsley 34 with 15 points to play for. And for that reason I say, COME ON WEDNESDAY."

" Personally, I'd like to see Fulham beat Cardiff to the second place so if we lose 4-3 I'd be ok with that.
Saying that, I do think we can win tomorrow and keep up the winning run."

" if tomorrow's first half performance is anything like the last 2 games, it won't matter how good our second half performance is, Fulham will be out of sight.
For me to be happy, i'd like to see Jos set the team up in a positive manner from the off. The run in now should be all about Jos stamping his style on the team in preparation for next season."

" Agree with the general sentiment in this thread: Whilst I'd be disappointed with a loss that would interrupt our recent upturn in form, I'm much more interested in seeing how we play. If we can stay competitive throughout the game and show glimpses of quality then it can only inspire confidence in Jos moving forward. The results have been great, the performances OK with some good and bad bits. If Jos can get the team playing like they're capable of getting a result every game (even if sometimes we don't), then I think we'll all be chuffed. "

" It's nice for once to be in a position where we can play without pressure and watch the opponents squirm as they need the points.
Fulham must be hating the fact they're facing a relaxed Wednesday team just as the senior players get back.
Just what they didn't need.
Should make for an interesting game."

" If we're going to get anything again Fulham we're going to have to keep their star man pinned back and since he plays at left back, that means hoofing the ball behind him and have runners running onto the ball to get him running the other way instead of at our defence."

" Can't believe the number of,people sayingntheyre not bothered if we don't win. Give me 3 points any day (unless winning would mean the pigs get promoted). What is up with you all. I don't care whether Cardiff or Fulham get auto, I only care that we are able to keep this winning mentality, it's still not mathematically over yet and a loss tomorrow could start a bad run. Fekk it, lets go out and try to win every game. "

" Id like to think that most of us, even here on OT are smart enough to realise that we are still under strength and playing the form team in the league. As long as we turn up and put in a shift have every chance of a result, if the result goes against us, so be it the best team would have won.
No pressure, nothing to play for so hope we play with some freedom and contribute towards an entertaining game of football. We've set the benchmark in recent weeks and need to build on those performances."

"We need  to keep both Carney and Sessy quiet...for a draw."

" Really looking forward to it. The tactic I assume will be to counter which could well suit us.
Some of the movement by Fulham, again tonight, is excellent.
All the pressure on them, can see a few goals mind, an over 4.5 betting match. "

" I'm not normally a pessimist (& I saw us beat them down there this season) but I'm worried they'll rip us a new one down our left flank.
Obviously I'll be happy if we can get a 4th win, I'd probably settle for a draw now. "

" Absolutely no idea which way this one will go, Wolves weren't all that when they beat us, Cardiff looked average when we got the point, we just need to cut out the needless wayward balls IMO, that's our Achilles heel. "

" We haven't done too badly against the better teams. They're on a hell of a run though.  "

" After three good and very welcome wins the Owls are up against inform Fulham the best true football side in the division and arguably the best team in the second half of this Championship season. A stern test for the Owls and one I feel we'll fall short in, a possibility FF could start so we've always a chance of something special.
1-2"

"You'll lose. Just by how many is the question."

" With important players coming back into the squad and on the back of three wins its not the walkover for Fulham as it could have been a few weeks ago....no question Fulham are a decent side,but its what we do that counts....& a draw wouldn't be a bad result for Wednesday.."

" Great opportunity for owls to show the fans they have turned the corner, beat Fulham and the message will be loud and clear... I will stick my neck out, and go for 2-0."

" We've only lost to Fulham three times since 1982, plenty to be terrified of"

" Regardless of the result, the Owls will have taken more points off Fulham than Dem Blavdes, this season.
Probably concede fewer goals too, by some margin.
That said, the runaway Owls recovery juggernaut is likely to come to a halt on Saturday. I might go for a day at the seaside to avoid watching it"

" It wont be easy thats for sure. It will be a good test of what the manager can do with a few first teamers back. I'd be tempted to use FF sparingly until the end of the season to give his injury plenty of time to heal, a few places up or down aren't going to make much difference"

" Be a good match this I would have thought.
Jos deserves a lot of credit I reckon for the recent turn around in Wednesday's fortunes. He has done better than what I thought he would do.
A perfect match to see how far he has taken them.
I'll go 1-3 though. Fulham are the best ive seen so far.
Even if it is a defeat for Wednesday, theres certainly a more upbeat feeling of late."

" In this League, Wednesday are the best I've seen so far, though I feared Fulham a bit last year. Very good side, but not up to Wednesday 's standards (at Wednesday's best)
This season, we're a very weakened side, but I reckon we'll put in an impressive performance this Weekend. I'm going for a 'highish' scoring draw and am looking forward to a crackin' match.
For a back up squad, that'd be an impressive scoreline."

Thats it for this week

WhiteJC

Thanks for these Terry much appreciated  :54:

gezkc

Thanks Terry - an interesting read as always.

Burt

That joint Wednesday/Blades board gives me an idea...  :dft011:

We should set up a joint board with those other lot from Loftus Road and Griffin Park and let everyone have at it.

What could possibly go wrong? I am sure no moderation will be required.

bobbo

Thank you terry ever reliable with the view.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Litrecola_

This was excellent, thank you.

Twig

Blade in Peace

The joint forum isn't really used by either set of fans. Wednesday have porktalk (owlstalk) , which is really well used, well ran too.
United have two: S24SU, the more popular of the two, not strongly moderated so a little abusive. But good.
And bladesmad, which is dying now