watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need to find a way to win on Saturday

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 06, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

I know this has been talked about already, however, the importance of this game is right up there on Saturday, and I hope the boys turn up with with a never say die attitude.

Personally, and even IF Cardiff lose tonight, a draw will not be good enough to catch them, we need to go and collect all 3 points at Wednesday.

Yes, it's going to be tough, Wednesday are getting their senior players back, and are playing with a bit of freedom and confidence right now.

Reading a view from Wednesday, we've only beaten them 3 times since 1982 or something like that, and their coach, fans, seem very confident in bringing our run to an end.

I trust Slavisa and the players, however, he/they will need to find a way to win on Saturday.

Stevieboy

Personally I hope they are confident, they will come at us but as the table positions indicate we are skilled in playing that way.
We must stay concentrated at the back and break at speed.
Every game from now is the most important....all we can do is keep winning and there is nothing to suggest we won't.
Still squeaky bum time every game though !!!!!

Fernhurst

Almost as nervous about tonight's game. If COlin's cloggers find a way to win its Goodnight Sweetheart and off to the lottery that is the playoffs.

If they lose it makes tomorrow's game even more exciting.

2 points behind with 5 to play ....... oh my gawd, we couldn't do it ...... could we????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 06, 2018, 05:33:19 PM
Almost as nervous about tonight's game. If COlin's cloggers find a way to win its Goodnight Sweetheart and off to the lottery that is the playoffs.

2 points behind with 5 to play ....... oh my gawd, we couldn't do it ...... could we????
Colin's cloggers are being reffed by Mike Dean tonight so clogging might be limited.....which would suit Wolves (Clutching at straws moi? - You bet I am!)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 06, 2018, 05:33:19 PM

Absolutely right Fernhurst.  The race for 2nd place is effectively out of our hands right now.  Cardiff lose and we have a real opportunity. If they win we can kiss automatic promotion goodbye and plan for the playoffs.

grandad

They will play a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 so do we match that or play our normal 4-1-2-3
Where there's a will there's a wife

BedsFFC

I'm not sure how they have been playing in their recent resurgence but if they want to play football and take us on, we will win. We've seen against qpr and to a certain extent leeds that we are still very susceptible against teams who sit back and pack the midfield.

anyway. COYW olves

BestOfBrede

Agree with Stevieboy - I hope they are confident and come at us, as most have found out, we are too good for them!

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 06, 2018, 05:08:27 PM
I know this has been talked about already, however, the importance of this game is right up there on Saturday, and I hope the boys turn up with with a never say die attitude.

Personally, and even IF Cardiff lose tonight, a draw will not be good enough to catch them, we need to go and collect all 3 points at Wednesday.

Yes, it's going to be tough, Wednesday are getting their senior players back, and are playing with a bit of freedom and confidence right now.

Reading a view from Wednesday, we've only beaten them 3 times since 1982 or something like that, and their coach, fans, seem very confident in bringing our run to an end.

I trust Slavisa and the players, however, he/they will need to find a way to win on Saturday.

How about putting the ball in the net more times that Sheffield Wednesday?

SP

Odds of 3/1 on Weds seem very generous to me?

Holders

Objective 1 last night will be to no avail without the successful completion of objective 2 this afternoon. The players will know that, the rest is in their hands.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc73

Quote from: Holders on April 07, 2018, 10:27:11 AM
Objective 1 last night will be to no avail without the successful completion of objective 2 this afternoon. The players will know that, the rest is in their hands.

:plus one:  049:gif

WokinghamWhite

Based on the current odds for our next two matches and Cardiff's match against Villa, the bookies now reckon it's 7/1 that we will overtake Cardiff by the end of Tuesday.

Nightwind15

Keep up with the standings and trying to put into place how we stack up against the remaining teams is a bit challenging from abroad.  Based on what I read from the rags and here I really believe we can make the automatic promotion.   Our guys seem hungry and full of confidence.  Fingers crossed and anxiously awaiting the results today.   
I played in the first match I ever saw!