watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This season

Started by FFCSteve, April 08, 2018, 01:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCSteve

I have really enjoyed this season, no matter what the outcome at the end.
But I have a strange feeling really! Knowing we can beat any team in the league, the great squad and manager we have, and our style of play. I'm gonna miss it!
What ever happens, we won't have the same squad next season! Go up and we need players just to survive in the premiership. Don't get promotion and I can't see us keeping the same squad!
Also reading how club losses have doubled this season!
Don't get me wrong! I want promotion.
But I probably won't have the same level of pleasure and excitement I've had this season!
Seasons like this are rare! Really fighting for something. It's been fantastic!
I suppose this is end of season blues🙄
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

bencher

I've been thinking the same kind of thing. When we got relegated from the PL, the one silver lining I could find was that we will have a season of winning lots of games. I didn't realise it would take a couple of (awful) seasons to get there, but the last 3-4 months have been so satisfying. If (and it remains a big if) we do get promoted, great though it would be, reality suggests we would be fighting for survival in the bottom half rather than outplaying teams and scoring for fun.

Fulham76

This season has shown just how tough the championship is. We're 19 games undefeated, winning most of them & still not even in the automatic promotion places...

S.F.Sorrow

That's exactly how I feel. If we could keep our best players I wouldn't mind another season in the Championship. In reality half our squad will be gone in the summer if we don't get promoted. We really need to go up this time!

Lighthouse

That has always been a good argument. Do we want to be in a league that is both competitive every week where anybody can beat anybody. Or in a league where not being relegated is a success and tenth place is the best we can hope for. But in sport you have to be ambitious. To keep the best players and to keep the club alive we have to play in the Prem. Might not be as entertaining but the win at Old Trafford and the wins against the top clubs as well as the great escape season and the Europa success are legendary. Legends are few and far between but are worth the effort.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

Agreed. This team has real character and we've grown to know and love the players. We know Kmac, Stefjo and Cairney are the perfect midfield trio, each with interesting personalities, styles, strengths and weaknesses. Cairney has given so many memorise that will last a lifetime and imo is the classiest player in this league. Betts and Sess, top players and from our youth academy. Sess will go on to great things and he's ours. Fred and his hot head and hot speed, Ayite with his tricks and that combination with Piazon against Norwich last season. The rise of Ream. I could go on. My point is that this team has a story and character that has been really interesting, and has been steadily rising to where we are now from dross. Our team had no identity or spirit before Joka took over. Now were considered the best team to watch and right now at least on par with Wolves. I really think Mitro was the missing piece and could go down an absolute hero.

It's the first time we've had identity since Dempsey, Dembele, Murphy and Schwarzer left. This is the best time to be a Fulham fan since then coincidentally, and probably even since the Europa league season. I don't want it to end, but I want it to have meaning. That being promotion. While pub stomping is good the Premier league is a platform to true greatness and achievement and we could push on Khan permitting. While beating Wolves is great, nothing beat those nights when you'd take one of the big scalps. 2-0 against Utd with Gera. 3-0 against Utd. 2-1 against Arsenal with Bobby Z last minute. Juventus of course.

I hope the identity of our team brings about something in its disappearance. It would feel an injustice otherwise. The team we have deserve promotion. Let's hope justice follows.

HV71

We need the promotion - we must go up as it will help the " identity " survive. It is our best chance of keeping the coach and our top talent ... and to develop it further . Different type of team - but Burnley under their talisman Dyche have achieved it - and could even be in the Europa Keague next year. COYW

In Joka I trust
In Joka I believe

Holders

Although it won't be as much fun I want to see my team with a place at the top table, even if it is below the salt.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St Eve

We have to get promotion. Then we keep the manager, Cairney, Sess, Frederiks, maybe buy Mitroglou and Target, get a couple of hundred million, get capacity crowds, add more seats to the cottage, are on tv for every game. Need I go on! Reverse everything i said if we don't

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: St Eve on April 08, 2018, 02:58:12 PM
We have to get promotion. Then we keep the manager, Cairney, Sess, Frederiks, maybe buy Mitroglou and Target, get a couple of hundred million, get capacity crowds, add more seats to the cottage, are on tv for every game. Need I go on! Reverse everything i said if we don't

Rather have Mitrovic  :dft012:

Fulham76

Agreed. Without promotion the first 4 on your list will disappear

Jazua

So if we were a premiership team next season,  where do you think we would end up in the table if we managed to keep our current batch of players? Could they avoid relegation without adding to the first eleven? I actually believe that they could match and better a lot of the teams currently occupying the bottom half of the Prem and NOT at all be worried about being involved in a relegation scrap this time next year.

Barrett487

If we do achieve promotion, our youth program will surely attract the most gifted youngsters because of the success of Ryan, as well as MD2 & Pat Roberts. Our willingness to give senior debuts to S Sess, Edun, DLT, etc is another attractive sign of intent. It could set us up for years, even though the example club, Southampton, are struggling this year.

glenhodgso

Quote from: Jazua on April 08, 2018, 03:17:58 PM
So if we were a premiership team next season,  where do you think we would end up in the table if we managed to keep our current batch of players? Could they avoid relegation without adding to the first eleven? I actually believe that they could match and better a lot of the teams currently occupying the bottom half of the Prem and NOT at all be worried about being involved in a relegation scrap this time next year.

Ahh - how I yearn for the return of mid table obscurity in the Prem....

Seriously though - look at the Prem table now. There really is a gulf between the Top 6 and then Burnley downwards - we should be able to fit nicely into that bracket for a number of seasons

filham

We all know all of the above, it has all been said before and this is certainly not the time to repeat it. We are in one hell of a tight promotion race and have a team playing good football, we could well gain promotion and we should be fully enjoying that, it doesn't happen too often so be sure not to miss any of it. Follow Jocanovic's advice and concentrate fully on the next match.

If we fail to gain promotion there will be plenty of time over a long dismal summer to brood over what happens next.

Twig

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 08, 2018, 02:34:01 PM
Agreed. This team has real character and we've grown to know and love the players. We know Kmac, Stefjo and Cairney are the perfect midfield trio, each with interesting personalities, styles, strengths and weaknesses. Cairney has given so many memorise that will last a lifetime and imo is the classiest player in this league. Betts and Sess, top players and from our youth academy. Sess will go on to great things and he's ours. Fred and his hot head and hot speed, Ayite with his tricks and that combination with Piazon against Norwich last season. The rise of Ream. I could go on. My point is that this team has a story and character that has been really interesting, and has been steadily rising to where we are now from dross. Our team had no identity or spirit before Joka took over. Now were considered the best team to watch and right now at least on par with Wolves. I really think Mitro was the missing piece and could go down an absolute hero.

It's the first time we've had identity since Dempsey, Dembele, Murphy and Schwarzer left. This is the best time to be a Fulham fan since then coincidentally, and probably even since the Europa league season. I don't want it to end, but I want it to have meaning. That being promotion. While pub stomping is good the Premier league is a platform to true greatness and achievement and we could push on Khan permitting. While beating Wolves is great, nothing beat those nights when you'd take one of the big scalps. 2-0 against Utd with Gera. 3-0 against Utd. 2-1 against Arsenal with Bobby Z last minute. Juventus of course.

I hope the identity of our team brings about something in its disappearance. It would feel an injustice otherwise. The team we have deserve promotion. Let's hope justice follows.

I agree that this is the first time we have had a real identity since those heady days. I too will miss the excitement of this season but we have to show the ambition to march onwards and upwards.  Who knows what sort of transfer budget our owner might sanction in the prem? It could be another exciting time.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 08, 2018, 02:34:01 PM

100% agree.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 08, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Rather have Mitrovic  :dft012:
ooops

Holders

Mitro Glycerine - he's dynamite.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gang

One of the pluses about promotion is the quality of the opposition. We might only achieve mid table but it is more exciting to be playing Man U,
Man C, Chelsea etc. than Bristol City, Reading, Brentford etc.