can we get to 2nd place?

yes
268 (92.4%)
no
22 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Voting closed: April 10, 2018, 05:03:50 PM

notonfire1226

todays win closes the difference between us and cardiff to 2 points..

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tabby

Need Villa to beat Cardiff though, and they were smashed by Norwich today.

General

I believe we play another game before Cardiff do.. which their fans seem to suggest could see us above them by close of play Tuesday night. We have to win, and they will have a game in hand still.. but they have to play both villa and Derby,  and the other teams they've got to play all won today apparently. Villa and Derby Andrew erratic but hopefully will turn up.

Holders

Can we - yes; will we - it's not in our hands.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

S.F.Sorrow

Today was incredible. Not the best we've played but the most important 3 points in a VERY long time. For the first time this season I'm actually starting to think we might do it. I vote YES!  049:gif

..FOF..

We are pressuring Cardiff psychologically... That is all I can say.

Ordar

If Cardiff play how the have the last 2 games, they will drop points. They have Villa and Norwich away next, which are 2 hard games. We'll probably need to win all our remaining games though

davew

I voted yes as it very achievable, if the question had been will we, I would have voted not sure as it depends on Cardiff.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

Quote from: Ordar on April 07, 2018, 05:09:03 PM
If Cardiff play how the have the last 2 games, they will drop points. They have Villa and Norwich away next, which are 2 hard games. We'll probably need to win all our remaining games though

yes and with there 2nd choice keeper

filham

I doubt it, but if we were to get automatic promotion it would match the Great Escape , I never thought that was possible.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Today was the sort of match that despite our superiority could have ended 0-0.
Cardiff have 2 home and 4 away matches including Villa, but my concern is our Millwall away match
Under any other circumstances I would be happy with a draw there.
Whatever the final outcome to go 24 matches unbeaten would be remarkable and we had our chunk of good luck last night at Cardiff.

WokinghamWhite

We overtake Cardiff on Tuesday night if we beat Reading and Cardiff draw or lose away to Villa. As of right now the bookies make it over 50% likely we will be 2nd on Tuesday night.

hovewhite

Yes and believe we will do it,reason why this group coach ,players play till the final whistle, great strength in squad,refuse to be beaten as a group.

Lighthouse

Another game that last season we would have drawn or lost and just shrugged as typical Fulham. Now we are dominating and still being able to have moments when things could have gone against us and yet still win through.

Not in our hands but 19 games undefeated and winning games against good Championship opposition. Certainly putting pressure on Cardiff.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

I really hope we pip them on the last day of the season. Doing the chasing is a lot more fun than being chased.

Andy S

Who knows what is possible but if we can keep winning I would rather be in our position than theirs. Every time we win it is like a dagger in their heart. The whole club feel the nerves right down to th tea lady

jeremyfulham

Yes I having been saying for weeks they will drop points and thats 5 in 2 games ! Pressure getting to them and they can't handle it .

JoelH5

Quote from: Andy S on April 07, 2018, 05:27:51 PM
Who knows what is possible but if we can keep winning I would rather be in our position than theirs. Every time we win it is like a dagger in their heart. The whole club feel the nerves right down to th tea lady

They don't have a tea lady. She quit after Colin smashed all the teacups last night!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

dopple

Cardiff's remaining games are mainly against teams running into form as well as the Villa game. Norwich, Derby and Hull.  If they will all of those they will deserve the automatic place.