watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we stay classy?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 08, 2018, 09:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Thought last season, we, as in the fans, had an air of arrogance about us, especially going into the playoffs, most thought we'd walk it, and, we're a bit lively on social media towards other teams.

Not all, but, we ended up getting our comeuppance, along with Reading, yet I felt Huddersfield remained classy, and just got on with the job in hand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being confident, but, there's a massive different between the two.

Thought I see it creeping back in v QPR, the jibes at Cardiff recently on social media not worth the hassle.

Just hope we hold it together and remain classy.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

I've not read the posts that you have but why not be confident if that is how you feel?

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Andy S on April 08, 2018, 10:19:10 PM
I've not read the posts that you have but why not be confident if that is how you feel?

I just said, nowt being wrong with being confident, I quietly am, but, there's a masive difference with be arrogant about it. Felt we were last season, just hoping we can remain classy this..

Facts Not Fiction

We're far from arrogant this season. Last year, we were a flair team, and were arrogant in how we went. This season is different. We are incredibly hard to beat, and we take no risks when we've got our lead.

We get the job done, no matter how ugly.

hovewhite

Think as supporters we are classy.coyw

filham

The team are now battlehardened and while talented know that they have to play hard and tight in every game.
As a fan I too know that while we can beat any Championship team we can easily slip up at ant time. Respect has to be shown to all opponents.

MJG

I dont think any of us thought we would walk the playoffs. Yes we had done well against most of the teams and hoped to face Huddersfield. But if I recall we thought Reading would be a tough tactical tie which we should win and apart from the result thats how it turned out.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

We generally have very decent supporters, a silly minority but in general I find fellow supporters to be; good humoured, open minded, polite and possessing a nice sense of irony.  I don't think many of us expected to stroll the playoffs last year and certainly not this year.  If we do get promoted most other sets of fans in the prem will see Fulham as a very welcome addition to the division, which is a testament to the club and its support.

ffcne

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 08, 2018, 09:54:46 PM
Thought last season, we, as in the fans, had an air of arrogance about us, especially going into the playoffs, most thought we'd walk it, and, we're a bit lively on social media towards other teams.

Not all, but, we ended up getting our comeuppance, along with Reading, yet I felt Huddersfield remained classy, and just got on with the job in hand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being confident, but, there's a massive different between the two.

Thought I see it creeping back in v QPR, the jibes at Cardiff recently on social media not worth the hassle.

Just hope we hold it together and remain classy.

A bit lively towards Sheffield Wednesday who were so obsessed with us giving us a load of   abuse.
We take abuse all year around from all teams on all matters our support,posh boys,neutral stand ,clappers etc.
I love it and let our football do the talking.
Even Sheff Weds fans giving us heaps of praise about Saturday.