News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic and our season so far.

Started by VicHalomsLovechild, April 09, 2018, 11:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

It's been an outstanding season and it could become one of our best ever if this amazing run continues. If you consider the pre season and the start of the season it's even more amazing. Our managers run ins with Kline. Players brought but not used. TC's injuries that never seemed to heal. The loss of form of key players. Tony Khans decision to sack his friend couldn't have been easy for him but it was right for the Club and then just after the loss to Sunderland and just before Christmas it changed. The addition of Mitrovic and his goals. The ever improving Matt Targett, whose signing has allowed Ryan Sessegnon to play where he's most effective. The return to form of key players. The strength of Tim ream and the whole defence and here we are. A slim chance of an automatic promotion spot. Which in all fairness, our stoic, unflappable and charismatic manager deserves.
   So just to stop ourselves getting carried away with, if we win and they lose scenarios. Can I have a list of your favourite Jokanovic quotes. Mine is,
"I cannot stomp in like an elephant in a crystal shop and break everything."
Made in last May's Guardian. Doesn't that sound so much better than the one we're all so familiar with. If the late great Bill Shankley had been a Serb I doubt he could have matched Slavisa for brilliant one liners.

hovewhite

My favorite Fulham is not a train station,a gem

Carborundum

Good idea for a thread.  Train station an instant classic.  But there are other gems. 

From last season, a quote that managed to subvert the basic message that the lads are feeling confident after a couple of wins by summoning up a vision of football as dotted islands of fleeting happiness in an otherwise never-ending sea of neurotic misery and doom: "We are in a good mental moment"

Best this year was his withering put-down of Bristol's physical long ball tactics: "Both teams were close to winning three points, us with our weapons, them with their little bit different weapons."

He is a class act.

NogoodBoyo

'We've never been second. Cardiff can feel some pressure. We can win something; they can lose something.'
Nogood "so accurate, see" Boyo

VicHalomsLovechild

"A different place is a different place, a different place is a different team, a different team is a different coach and can be many different things, like a different city."

Sounds far more caring than "the grass isn't always greener on the otherside." 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on April 09, 2018, 11:29:48 AM
It's been an outstanding season and it could become one of our best ever if this amazing run continues. If you consider the pre season and the start of the season it's even more amazing. Our managers run ins with Kline. Players brought but not used. TC's injuries that never seemed to heal. The loss of form of key players. Tony Khans decision to sack his friend couldn't have been easy for him but it was right for the Club and then just after the loss to Sunderland and just before Christmas it changed. The addition of Mitrovic and his goals. The ever improving Matt Targett, whose signing has allowed Ryan Sessegnon to play where he's most effective. The return to form of key players. The strength of Tim ream and the whole defence and here we are. A slim chance of an automatic promotion spot. Which in all fairness, our stoic, unflappable and charismatic manager deserves.
   So just to stop ourselves getting carried away with, if we win and they lose scenarios. Can I have a list of your favourite Jokanovic quotes. Mine is,
"I cannot stomp in like an elephant in a crystal shop and break everything."
Made in last May's Guardian. Doesn't that sound so much better than the one we're all so familiar with. If the late great Bill Shankley had been a Serb I doubt he could have matched Slavisa for brilliant one liners.

I was going to write the same thing Vic, I feel the same way - absolutely delighted with our run this season.

Slavisa has been proven right on transfer signings - Targett and Mitro have been outstanding January signings and I really don't know if we'd be in the play offs if we were still playing Sess/Odoi at left back and Fonte/AK up top.

The squad as a whole have learned from last season that we need to be solid as well as good going forward and we are harder to score against. Ream has really come on in leaps and bounds over the last 18 months. But I think that it helps that McDonald is playing a bit deeper this season, almost as a half-back, dropping into a back 5 when we're defending.

It's been an absolute joy to watch Fulham dominate recently and especially so given we've not got a big net spend. Really hope we can see this through to the end.

VicHalomsLovechild

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I have a TV in my hotel room, and I see and read all these stories, but I'm not interested.  (In reference to speculation about moves)

VancouverWhite

Asked whether promotion was necessary to keep them (Cairney and Sess) next season, Jokanovic replied: "I don't need to think about these different things. I have many dreams but dreams are for the bed. When I am in the bed, I have the dreams but I must live my realistic life."