watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stephen Humphrys

Started by MikeW, April 09, 2018, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Gets The Times 'Rising Star' nomination for Div One today. Highlights the key role he is playing as Rochdale try to avoid relegation.

It ain't glamorous but sure is character building.

We must manage this young man well and not let him become disillusioned (as I suspect Cauley is).
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bog

Have to say he looked good in the FA Cup games for Rochdale.

res

Quote from: MikeW on April 09, 2018, 01:40:01 PM
Gets The Times 'Rising Star' nomination for Div One today. Highlights the key role he is playing as Rochdale try to avoid relegation.

It ain't glamorous but sure is character building.

We must manage this young man well and not let him become disillusioned (as I suspect Cauley is).

Cauley (who I thought would make it) can't even get on the bench in his loan spell at Bristol City...so maybe I'm wrong in that he's simply not good enough. Div. 1 or 2 perhaps? As for S.H., if he's busting a gut at Rochdale, it will do him a lot of good but not convinced yet that he's a potential Premiership/Championship player.....but I might be wrong with him as well.

filham

Suspect he is a long way behind Metrovic which is the standard we have to aim for, but we will never knowhow he may fare until we give him some game time.

Twig

Quote from: filham on April 09, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
Suspect he is a long way behind Metrovic which is the standard we have to aim for, but we will never knowhow he may fare until we give him some game time.

Or even Mitrovic.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on April 09, 2018, 09:10:52 PM
Quote from: filham on April 09, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

Or even Mitrovic.

He is referring to the Newcastle Metro  vic

Milo

He's in the Woodrow mould I'm afraid. The odd 25 yarder here and there and one we all want to succeed but just doesn't cut the proverbial mustard at championship level.

mrmicawbers

Does anyone know what his stats are at Rochdale since he joined on loan?

Marcel_Gecov

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on April 10, 2018, 11:32:21 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on April 10, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

2 in 12 from 9 starts

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/332127/Show/Stephen-Humphrys

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he is played up front is he? If that is correct then assists might be as relevant as goals scored?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Twig on April 10, 2018, 03:40:22 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on April 10, 2018, 11:32:21 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on April 10, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

2 in 12 from 9 starts

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/332127/Show/Stephen-Humphrys

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think he is played up front is he? If that is correct then assists might be as relevant as goals scored?

Whoscored doesn't have that data but he's actually only completed 90 minutes twice for them... which tells its own story IMO

Nero

It seems you have to be a wonder kid everywhere these days to get a regular run of games, Clubs just cant seem to afford to give youngster a chance in any league.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Nero on April 10, 2018, 04:47:41 PM
It seems you have to be a wonder kid everywhere these days to get a regular run of games, Clubs just cant seem to afford to give youngster a chance in any league.

Yet another reason why young Sess needs to stay put no matter what...