watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just ignore Martin

Started by BedsFFC, April 09, 2018, 02:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

It appears that Reading are getting an even worse version of him than we had.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=147892

When he fancied it, he could be a handful.

Can I highly recommend we don't do anything to wind him up. Just ignore him and Aluko.

It's small margins at the moment.

Once we go 3-0 up then they're fair game

twang

Aluko should be shown respect, he did well here and left on good terms. But I agree that it's best to just ignore Martin, if gets any game time.

gang

It would be just Fulhamish for these two to be our undoing.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: twang on April 09, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Aluko should be shown respect, he did well here and left on good terms. But I agree that it's best to just ignore Martin, if gets any game time.

Agreed. Aluko always gave it his all and ran his socks off. He always got kicked but kept running and some of his runs were breathtaking. It's a shame he can't shoot to save his life and in the end we got a good price for him and were proven right to sell. Presumably he got a pay rise as well as a longer contract, so everyone benefited.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on April 09, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

Agreed. Aluko always gave it his all and ran his socks off. He always got kicked but kept running and some of his runs were breathtaking. It's a shame he can't shoot to save his life and in the end we got a good price for him and were proven right to sell. Presumably he got a pay rise as well as a longer contract, so everyone benefited.

Except Reading...

KingofCheese

This made me laugh:-

"Martin looks exactly what he is. A loanee in the twighlight of his career, that no one is willing to pay hard cash for permanently, who is going through the motions half-heartedly to pick up his wages.

It was noticeable before Stam left. Now Clement is here and everyone else is busting a gut it stands out like a highvis vest at a goth convention."
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

filham

I was feeling comfortale and confident about playing Reading at the Cottage.
However I had overlooked the fact we were facing Aluko and Martin and am thinking that it would be just like us to give them a goal or two.
Aluko should be given a good round of applause. An effort should be made not to boo Martin, although  it is asking too much to achieve 100% success in this task.

Woolly Mammoth

Martin did more harm to Fulham when he was wearing a white shirt, than he ever will playing against us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David I

and to think there are a lot on this board that would quite happily ignore his poor performance and attitude towards Fulham and would have resigned him in January?!

KJS

Quote from: gang on April 09, 2018, 03:27:54 PM
It would be just Fulhamish for these two to be our undoing.

I will back them both to score that'll stop them☺

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 09, 2018, 07:31:38 PM
Martin did more harm to Fulham when he was wearing a white shirt, than he ever will playing against us.
I hope you are right but I would never dare to predict it.

PhilEsh

He scored a belter a couple of games back!

Fulham 442

He scored a belter a couple of games back!

Agree but didn't Aluko leave because he wanted a longer contract?  A great player for us although his finishing wasn't the best!  Hope he doesn't score another belter.  I certainly fear him more than Martin who wanted away from Fulham and got his wish.  His career hasn't gone that well since has it?
I'm not even thinking the word "Fulhamish" these days!!!

Twig

I will show respect to Aluko, he was excellent for us. Martin is a prize pr1ck and I would probably give him a negative reception but doubt he will get a run out.