https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (10/04/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 10, 2018, 07:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

New dad George Williams open to idea of staying at St Johnstone

George Williams.

New dad George Williams has settled happily into family life in Scotland.

And he is open to the idea of putting down football roots with St Johnstone.

The Fulham man's loan deal at McDiarmid Park runs out in a few weeks, and so too does his contract at Craven Cottage.

Tommy Wright has been impressed with the Welsh international and Williams admitted that signing a permanent deal with Saints is an option that club and player may explore in the close-season.

"I've said before I've loved every minute up here," he said.

"We live in Dunblane and it's beautiful. I'm sure he (his son, Carter) wouldn't complain if he was brought up here.

"It's a completely different lifestyle off the park and I enjoy the fast tempo on the pitch. It's exciting and everyone is so determined to win and it's challenging.

"The boss has mentioned it briefly, but we haven't sat down and talked about the anything. He just wants me to keep playing games and do well and we'll see what happens at the end of the season."

Carter was only born a few days ago but he's already taken in his first football match.

"My missus (Ella) brought him here today so it was good to see him in the stand before the match," said Williams.

"He's a week old today, so I can tell him when he's a bit older he saw me when he was just a week. He's a little Scot, born at Forth Valley Hospital.

"It's been a big change, not as much sleep as I'm used to. I'm looking at about five hours a night if I'm lucky, but I wouldn't change it for the world."

Young Carter certainly wasn't treated to a classic.

The first half was played almost entirely in front of the two defences and it took until the 45th minute for anything resembling a near-thing – a Murray Davidson 20-yarder that scraped the post.

The second period was an improvement and David Wotherspoon forced a good save out of Trevor Carson with a left foot volley.

"First half was even and was a bit of a scrappy game in general," said Williams. "It probably wasn't the best watch.

"Second half we were on top and if anybody was going to win it, you would say that it would have been us.

"In the end it was another point and we can't really complain about it."

Saints and Motherwell are in Premiership no man's land – in no danger of going down and now getting ready for bottom six football.

Williams insisted, though, that the Saints players will keep their foot on the accelerator.

"We want to finish seventh," he said. "That's our target. There won't be any problem with motivation for us.

"Nothing has changed. I want to play as well as I can and we'll see what happens. I've got another mouth to feed at home so there's extra motivation. I'm just taking every game as it comes.  "I want Fulham to go up they've done so well this season and were unlucky last year."

Saints boss Tommy Wright said: "You could argue it was two teams with not a lot to play for but we both wanted to win the game.

"I thought we got into some good positions but just lacked the final ball. Spoony's chance was probably the best of the game.

"It certainly wasn't one for the purists but we probably just edged it.

"We want to win games and finish strongly. Players are playing for contracts – whether it's here or somewhere else – and bonus money.

"I don't want to lose any games, no matter what I'm playing.

"I'll make sure they stay motivated.

"We'll introduce more of our younger players to give them more experience as well."

Saints now have a gap week but for Motherwell there is a Scottish Cup final up next.

Ryan Bowman said: "We knew it was going to be a difficult game. The surface wasn't great so we knew the service up to the strikers wasn't going to be as it usually is. We had to adapt to that.

"It was a physical game and we were prepared for that. We've come out unscathed with no injuries so that's good."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/632344/new-dad-george-williams-open-to-idea-of-staying-at-st-johnstone/

WhiteJC

Newcastle-owned star Aleksandar Mitrovic says he wants Fulham stay

Aleksandar Mitrovic joined Fulham on loan from Newcastle United in the January transfer window.

Newcastle United-owned striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has suggested to The Sun that he would like to stay at Fulham beyond the summer.

Mitrovic joined Championship club Fulham on loan from Premier League side Newcastle in the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old striker has failed to impress Magpies manager Rafael Benitez, but the Serbia international has been a huge hit at Craven Cottage.

The former Partizan star has scored nine goals and provided one assist in 10 Championship starts for Fulham since his January switch.

Mitrovic has suggested that he would like to remain at Fulham beyond the summer transfer window, and has also made a joke about the London club's manager Slavisa Jokanovic about leaving for Spanish and European giants Real Madrid.

"If there is any chance, I would love to come back here," Mitrovic told The Sun. "I would love to stay but we have to finish the season well first, to be where we want to be and then there's the World Cup.

"My agent will be working on all that. But, yes, I have a manager here who wants me — although maybe it all depends if Slavisa goes to Real Madrid... "

No surprise for Newcastle fans

Mitrovic, who cost Newcastle £13 million in transfer fees when they signed him from Anderlecht in the summer of 2015 as reported by BBC Sport, seems to be enjoying life at Fulham.

The Serbian's aforementioned comments should not come as a surprise to Newcastle fans, as it is clear that the striker is not rated by manager Benitez.

It would be best for all parties concerned if Mitrovic makes his loan move to Fulham permanent, especially if the London club get promoted to the Premier League at the end of the season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/04/09/newcastle-owned-star-aleksandar-mitrovic-says-he-wants-fulham-st/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney: The real reason why West Ham target was at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea game
TOM CAIRNEY is not set to join West Ham despite being spotted sitting behind David Moyes during their Premier League game against Chelsea.

Fulham captain Tom Cairney was spotted at Stamford Bridge sitting behind West Ham boss David Moyes

Television cameras picked up on the Fulham skipper - a January target for West Ham - being seated near Hammers boss Moyes at Stamford Bridge yesterday.

Cairney was at the game in a personal capacity with former Whites team-mate and good friend Matt Smith.

The Scotland international even told fans on Instagram about his day trip and aimed a dig at Fulham's local rivals.

He wrote: "Hopefully watch some total football today with the boy even if it is Chelsea."

West Ham fans flooded social media when they spotted Cairney in the crowd but Moyes played down the speculation.

When asked about the Fulham ace being in attendance at Stamford Bridge, the West Ham boss replied: "No idea, was he?

Tom Cairney was at Chelsea in a personal capacity alongside Matt Smith

"If he was then it certainly wasn't a ticket from us."

He added: "I was hoping you were going to say Lionel Messi was sitting behind us!"

Cairney is under contract at Craven Cottage until 2021 after putting pen to paper on an extension last summer.

Fulham saw off interest from Newcastle at the start of the season and slapped down West Ham's hopes in January.

Tom Cairney updated his Instagram story before kick-off

The Championship club could struggle to keep Cairney out of the clutches of Premier League clubs if they fail to win promotion.

However, Slavisa Jokanovic's side are on a club-record 19-game unbeaten run and are hunting down Cardiff City for automatic promotion.

West Ham, meanwhile, remain embroiled in a relegation battle despite picking up a point against Chelsea.

Javier Hernandez's second-half goal cancelled out of Cesar Azpilicueta's strike but the Hammers are just six points clear of the drop zone.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/943393/Tom-Cairney-West-Ham-Stamford-Bridge-Chelsea-Fulham-News-Rumours-Gossip

WhiteJC

Ahead of the game | Conquering the Cottage

High-flying Fulham await Royals on Tuesday night

Take a look at all your pre-match info as the Royals travel to Craven Cottage on Tuesday night...

Fulham vs Reading
Tuesday 10th April 2018
Sky Bet Championship
Craven Cottage
7.45pm kick-off

The Royals head to Craven Cottage well aware of the size of the task Fulham will pose on Tuesday night - with Slavisa Jokanovic's side unbeaten in their last 19 league outings and pushing for automatic promotion.

That unrelenting form has left the Whites just two points behind Cardiff in second place, with Paul Clement's side having to be at their very best to get a good result in midweek.

Reading go into Tuesday's game off the back of a hard-earned three points against Preston North End at the weekend, courtesy of Mo Barrow's early header that took his personal goal tally to 10 for the season.

Dave Edwards will be available once more after serving a suspension on Saturday afternoon, which will bolster the Royals' options at Craven Cottage.

Tickets

For all ticketing enquiries, follow the link to our Ticket Office page or contact the Ticket Office by phone on 0118 968 1313.

Tickets will be available on the gate to Reading fans for this fixture - with a £5 increase on advance prices for all age categories except Juniors.

Click the button below for full selling information for this game.

Reminder

We wish to politely remind supporters that the football club is responsible for their conduct at all matches (home or away) and any person committing a football-related offence or involved in serious misconduct at any match will result in a club ban. Examples of serious misconduct include discriminatory, offensive or abusive chanting, entering the pitch, persistent standing and throwing a missile. Supporters witnessing any incidents of serious misconduct are encouraged to report this to the football club by texting 80800, beginning your message with the word SAFE.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/ahead-of-the-game--conquering-the-cottage/

WhiteJC

Fulham duo Mitrovic and Cairney nominated for PFA Player of the Month Award for March

Vote for either Cairney or Mitrovic to win the PFA Bristol Street Motors Championship Player of the Month award for March

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Tom Cairney have been nominated for the PFA Bristol Street Motors Championship Player of the Month award.

Fulham went through the entire month unbeaten once again, with the duo playing a key role as Slavisa Jokanovic's side continued to hunt down Cardiff City and that second automatic promotion spot.

Mitrovic, who seems to love life at Craven Cottage, bagged five goals in March to keep Fulham ticking along, while captain Cairney seems to have recaptured his best form, scoring three and assisting once for the side.

It could be awards galore for the Whites, with Mitrovic picking up EFL Player of the Month, while Jokanovic missed out to Neil Warnock in the Manager of the Month category.

All you need to do for either Mitrovic or Cairney to win is to use the voting form below to select which Fulham man should win - let's be honest, you aren't going to pick either of the others, are you?

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-duo-mitrovic-cairney-nominated-14507629

WhiteJC

"We'll prepare for the best of Fulham"

Royals boss Paul Clement speaks ahead of a difficult trip to high-flying Fulham this Tuesday...

Unbeaten in 19 in the league and vying for an automatic promotion place, Fulham are the in form side in the division and will undoubtedly provide the sternest of tests when the Royals visit Craven Cottage this week.

"As always in the Championship, we move on quickly. And we have to very focussed. We know it's going to be a difficult game and a big game for both teams," Paul Clement said.

"Similar to the weekend, both teams go into the game needing the points - Preston were pushing for the play-offs especially after Sheffield United lost at Oakwell, and now we go to Fulham who are hunting down second place.

"So it's a big game for them. But it's an important game for us too. Neither team will want a draw - both teams will go into the game looking for a win on Tuesday night.

"You know you're going to a tough place in Craven Cottage, they've got momentum, they've got confidence - but you never know what can happen in football.

"Maybe the pressure, all of a sudden, will be on them - and then, if it is, the question is can we take advantage of that? Our job is to prepare well, prepare for the best of Fulham.

"The gap between us and Barnsley is five but they have a game in hand. And we all know how quickly the situation can change with the games coming along so quickly and points being available to win and lose every week.

"I expect the game to be more fluent, with less direct play on Tuesday night. They play good football and they create good opportunities through flowing football, rotating their positions, athletic players. So it will be a different test.

"We're going to use the next day or two to prepare well for that game. They are the in form team in the Championship with the number of wins they've had recently. But we'll remain focussed and see if we can get another positive result."

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/well-prepare-for-the-best-of-fulham/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic heaps praise on Fulham's defence after third clean sheet in a row

The side kept their third clean sheet on the bounce at Hillsborough and the head coach was quick to praise his side's defensive work

Slavisa Jokanovic is pleased with how his Fulham side are going about their defensive business after keeping their third clean sheet in three games on Saturday.

A 1-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday meant that the back five went 270 minutes without conceding a goal, with the three points the Aleksandar Mitrovic's goal secured seeing them go within two points of Cardiff City in second.

It's a stark contrast to the beginning of the season, where Fulham struggled to keep the goals out, with the side going 13 games without one in the earlier stages of the season.

But now with Marcus Bettinelli in the goal mouth and a standout season from Tim Ream, the defence is clicking at the right time and Jokanovic was keen to praise the way they're performing.

When asked about Mitrovic's impact, the head coach turned the question round to talk about his defence, saying: "He did his job, created many chances, we shoot 20 times.

"For another side, our defensive side is working very well and we are controlling and we didn't give them [Sheffield Wednesday] so many chances to score the goal.

"In the end of the game they have one situation which was dangerous for us.

"This is our third clean sheet in a row, this is new for my team, we are in good moment and trust each other and this is good news for us."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-heaps-praise-fulhams-14507569

WhiteJC

Vote For Mitro or TC

Aleksandar Mitrović and Tom Cairney have both been nominated for PFA Championship Player of the Month for March.

Mitrović has already won the Sky Bet award following a month in which he scored five goals, while Cairney was hardly goal-shy in March, finding the back of the net three times.

The Fulham duo are up against Middlesbrough's Adama Traore and Patrick Bamford, as well as Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon and Callum Paterson of Cardiff City.

The ballot closes at 8am on Wednesday, and you can vote for Mitro or TC below.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/09/aleksandar-mitrovic-tom-cairney-up-for-pfa-championship-player-of-the-month

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder keen on permanent move away from Craven Cottage

Fulham winger George Williams is open to making his loan move to St Johnstone permanent in the summer, according to The Courier.

The Wales international is currently on loan to the Scottish Premier League side and his contract with Fulham is set to expire in June. This would make him a free agent and he would be keen on joining St Johnstone on a permanent deal in the summer.

Williams, who is 22 years old, joined the Scottish side on deadline day in January and has enjoyed his time up north. He had fallen down the pecking order at Championship side Fulham and was eager to go out and get some regular playing time.

He started his career at MK Dons and scored his professional goal aged just 16. He was snapped up by Fulham when they were in the Premier League in June 2012. Since then, he has been back on loan to MK Dons twice and also had a loan stint at Gillingham in 2016.

Williams is an established Wales international. He represented them at U17, U19 and U21 level and made his international debut for Wales' senior side in May 2014 against Holland. He has since made 6 caps and was part of the Wales side who got to the Semi-Finals of Euro 2016 in France.

Fulham are in contention for a promotion to the Premier League, though George Williams' future looks set to be elsewhere.

http://the72.co.uk/100200/fulham-midfielder-keen-permanent-move-away-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

West Ham target Ryan Fredericks offers strongest hint yet that he wants to stay at Fulham

The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been linked with a move to West Ham, but he has said he loves being at Fulham

Ryan Fredericks has said there'd be nothing better than playing for Fulham in the Premier League, despite links with a move away from Craven Cottage.

The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been heavily linked with a move to West Ham, with David Moyes watching the 2-0 victory over Leeds United to cast his eye on a number of players.

Fredericks was linked with a move to Stoke City and Swansea in January, although a move never materialised, but the defender has revealed contract talks are still ongoing between his representatives and Fulham.

The club offered him a new deal in December but he has yet to sign it, and with Cyrus Christie's arrival in January it looked like the Whites were preparing for life after Fredericks.

However, he believes there'd be nothing better than playing for the side in the top flight.

He told Get West London: "They're still talking, it's no secret that I love being at Fulham, there'd be nothing better than playing for Fulham in the Premier League.

"We'll have to see what happens.

"Once you get caught up in transfer speculation near the end of the season you're form is going to dip, all I care about is doing well on the pitch and the relevant people will sort out my career while I'm doing the business on the pitch."

(Image: Mark Kerton/PA Wire)

Fredericks made his 40th appearance in all competitions for Fulham in the 1-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday - a result that saw the side extend their unbeaten run to 19 games.

That saw them cut the gap to Cardiff City to just two points after they lost 1-0 to Wolves the night before, and Fredericks thinks they've piled the pressure on the Welsh side, but insists Fulham aren't feeling any themselves.

"It was massive for us, this is always a hard place to come and there aren't many tougher away games, no matter where they are in the table it's always a hard place to come," he added.

"We put a lot of pressure back on Cardiff, we aren't feeling any ourselves, all we can do is keep winning, that's what we're doing and that's what we'll carry on doing and try our best to do that the rest of the season.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-ham-target-ryan-fredericks-14507963

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic says Fulham will 'keep fighting' Cardiff City in battle for automatic promotion

Battle cry | We won't let up, insists Mitrovic PA

Aleksandar Mitrovic says Fulham must try to win their remaining five matches as they chase Cardiff City in the race for automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Fulham closed the gap on second-placed Cardiff to just two points with a hard-fought 1-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Cardiff lost 1-0 to Wolves on Friday and Fulham will look to turn up the pressure on their rivals when they play Reading at Craven Cottage.

Cardiff, who have a game in hand over Fulham, are away at Aston Villa.

Mitrovic, who scored the winner against Sheffield Wednesday and now has nine goals since he joined on loan from Newcastle, said: "We are very happy, but we don't have time to celebrate.

"Every game until the end of the season is a final. We have to go out there with this mentality to try and win every game. It is going to be hard. It will not be easy but that is the Championship and that is why this league is really interesting. We have to stay hungry, to keep fighting and we will see what is going to happen."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/aleksandar-mitrovic-says-fulham-will-keep-fighting-cardiff-city-in-battle-for-automatic-promotion-a3809336.html

WhiteJC

The case for the defence
by Dan on April 9, 2018

Not many football fans get particularly excited about a solid defence. The Italians revere a brilliant back four and catenaccio, but they might be the exceptions that prove the rule. Any manager worth their salt, though, will tell you that a side can't be successful without solid foundations – and they often start at the back. George Graham built his famous Arsenal sides on an almost impregnable rearguard and Highbury regulars embraced their miserly nature with a host of songs to serenade their heroes.

You wouldn't place Slavisa Jokanovic in the same category as Graham for many reasons, but a line from his post-match press conference, highlighting the fact that his side had kept three clean sheets in succession stuck in my mind. The Serbian's Fulham side are lauded for their pretty passing and progressive football that makes the Whites one of the most watchable outfits in the country, but their promotion push last season was undermined by some rather slapdash defending. The goals of Aleksandar Mitrovic, creativity of Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon's raw talent might grab the headlines – but Fulham's defensive discipline might just be crucial, either in helping them overhaul Cardiff City or during those nerve-jangling play-off ties that may lie ahead.

On Saturday at Hillsborough, Fulham denied Sheffield Wednesday, who had scored seven goals in their last two outings, even a shot on target. The closest the Owls game was a rising drive from substitute Fernando Forestieri that flew wide in stoppage time. Marcus Bettinelli might not have been overly tested in south Yorkshire but he proved his worth with that pivotal save from Caleb Ekuban against Leeds in midweek, which might prove crucial come the end of the season. Bettinelli also produced an excellent stop to deny Denis Srbeny at Carrow Road just after half-time before Fulham scored twice on Good Friday – and there's no doubting that the Whites defence has looked much meaner since he replaced David Button in goal.

I've written about Tim Ream's remarkable renaissance before, but the American's journey from fifth choice centre half to the rock around which Jokanovic's back four is built is still worth reflecting on. He told the Times the other week that there was now almost a magnetic understanding between Fulham's players – something which Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes seemed to enjoy at their peak – and the former Bolton defender radiates real confidence through the rest of the side. Where Fulham fans fretted about a lack of defensive cover at the end of January, Jokanovic has a choice of partners for Ream.

The fact that Tomas Kalas, who was outstanding for much of his first season on loan at Craven Cottage, isn't an automatic pick at the heart of the defence is largely down to the splendid performances that Denis Odoi – who is not even a natural centre half – has delivered of late. We got a sense of just how well the Belgian could do as an understudy in the middle at Reading and Leeds at the start of the season, but the way that Odoi has shaken off that costly error against QPR with a succession of composed displays has been particularly impressive. He nullified Adthe Nuhiu with a modicum of fuss at the weekend, which is no mean feat considering the Kosovo striker stands at 6ft 4in. As a result, a fully fit Kalas is awaiting an opportunity from the bench – whilst Marcelo Djalo kicks his heels.

Fulham's full backs get a lot of praise for their adventure, but both are an important part of a disciplined back four. Ryan Fredericks has improved the defensive side of his game no end – and he bailed Fulham out bravely with an incredible recovery run and tackle to stop a dangerous Wednesday break in its tracks on Saturday – whilst Matt Targett is a far more assured defender than people give him credit for. All four of these players read the game exceptionally well and are confident on the ball, which makes Kevin McDonald's critical job as the shield in front of the defence so much easier.

It is right that McDonald gets a few plaudits for Fulham's improved defensive performances. His positioning and disciplines gives Jokanovic's full backs and wide players, as well as Cairney and Johansen in front of him, the license to worry the opposition in far more advanced positions, especially away from home. Looking back on his performances over the past two seasons, it is easy to see why Fulham were so keen to sign him at various points prior to his arrival at Craven Cottage – and his ability to distribute the ball accurately from deep-lying positions is also a huge bonus in transition for a side that likes to break so quickly.

Jokanovic's footballing philosophy is based on retaining possession and hurting the opposition high up the pitch. The Serbian knows Fulham's season is far from finished but those three clean sheets – coming at a time when any slip-up would have probably ended their outside chance of a shot at second place – would have certainly given him a reason to smile.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/04/the-case-for-the-defence-3/

WhiteJC

Fredericks: 'I love being at Fulham'
by Dan on April 9, 2018

Full back Ryan Fredericks has revealed that his representatives and Fulham are still discussing the details of a new contract and reiterated his 'love' for the club.

The 25 year-old, whose current deal at Craven Cottage runs out at the end of the season, has been linked with a host of Premier League sides, but insists his focus is solely on helping the Whites return to the top flight. He told GetWestLondon's Ryan O'Donovan that he has decided to concentrate on his football to avoid an untimely dip in form as the Championship season comes to a gripping conclusion:

They're still talking, it's no secret that I love being at Fulham, there'd be nothing better than playing for Fulham in the Premier League. We'll have to see what happens. Once you get caught up in transfer speculation near the end of the season you're form is going to dip, all I care about is doing well on the pitch and the relevant people will sort out my career while I'm doing the business on the pitch.

Fredericks was delighted that Fulham picked up a precious win over Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend. The victory, secured by a third consecutive clean sheet, cut the gap to second-placed Cardiff to two points and the right back believes the Whites are full of confidence ahead of the run-in:

It was massive for us, this is always a hard place to come and there aren't many tougher away games, no matter where they are in the table it's always a hard place to come. We put a lot of pressure back on Cardiff, we aren't feeling any ourselves, all we can do is keep winning, that's what we're doing and that's what we'll carry on doing and try our best to do that the rest of the season.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/04/fredericks-i-love-being-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

'Buzzing' Sessegnon believes Fulham can keep 'fantastic' run going
by Dan on April 9, 2018

Ryan Sessegnon was in no doubt just how critical three points were for Fulham at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday – and teenager says that the victory at Hillsborough has given the Whites even more confidence that they can keep their fine form going until the end of the season.

The narrow win in south Yorkshire has helped Fulham cut the gap to second-placed Cardiff City to just two points and Sessegnon says Slavisa Jokanovic's squad have taken great heart from becoming serious players in the automatic promotion picture. The 17 year-old told Fulham's official website that the team were fully aware of the importance of captialising on Cardiff's dramatic defeat by Wolves on Friday night:

We were aware that we needed to take advantage of that. We all watched the game and knew that if Cardiff slipped up then it was our chance to pounce by getting three points and closing the gap on them. It is especially pleasing because the gap used to be so big. Now we have the belief, we've closed the gap and we keep winning games, so we're just raring to go in the next match.

We're buzzing. To continue the unbeaten run is a great feeling for us, and now it's just onto the next game. Reading are fighting for their lives to stay in the division. We'll go into it with the same mindset to try and get the three points. It doesn't matter who the opposition is, we just go in with the same mentality to win the game.

Sessegnon felt Fulham showed great maturity to keep their cool and play their ball as Wednesday's solid defending kept the score level until twelve minutes from time.

We had to be patient. The goal wasn't coming in the first 20 minutes or so, so we had to be patient and wait for our opportunity. We did that and the goal came, so we're happy.

He borrowed the travelling fans' description for goalscorer Aleksandar Mitrovic, whose ninth goal in as many games ensured that Fulham headed home with all three points.

He's on fire at the moment. All you have to do is keep feeding him the ball and you know he's going to score the goals for us. Matt Targett had the ball and I made the run forward. He slipped it through the centre-back and the full-back and I just ran onto it. I saw Mitro in the box and fizzed it across and he was able to tap it in.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/04/buzzing-sessegnon-believes-fulham-can-keep-fantastic-run-going/

WhiteJC

Reading boss preparing for the best of Fulham in re-run of last year's Play-off semi-final

Reading beat Fulham in last season's play-off semi final, but both sides have enjoyed very different seasons since

Reading boss Paul Clement is preparing to face 'the best of Fulham' on Tuesday night, but wonders if his side can take advantage of promotion pressure.

So far, however, Slavisa Jokanovic's have shown no signs that they're under any pressure having gone 19 games unbeaten to haul second place to within two points - touching distance after a terrible start saw the side in 17th position at one stage.

Whisper it quietly, but the Whites could end the night in second spot, should they beat Reading in a re-run of last season's play-off semi final and Cardiff lose to Aston Villa in the evening's big game.

And ahead of the game, Clement is hoping Reading can take advantage of any pressure Fulham might be feeling.

He said: "It's a big game for them. But it's an important game for us too. Neither team will want a draw - both teams will go into the game looking for a win on Tuesday night.

"You know you're going to a tough place in Craven Cottage, they've got momentum, they've got confidence - but you never know what can happen in football.

"Maybe the pressure, all of a sudden, will be on them - and then, if it is, the question is can we take advantage of that? Our job is to prepare well, prepare for the best of Fulham.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-boss-preparing-best-fulham-14508475

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic is 'on fire', says Fulham team-mate Ryan Sessegnon

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic celebrates scoring his sides second goal with Ryan Sessegnon

Ryan Sessegnon has praised the form of team-mate Aleksandar Mitrovic, after the Serbian's latest goal fired Fulham further into the equation for automatic promotion on Saturday.

Mitrovic scored the only goal of the game as they won 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday, closing the gap to just two points on second-placed Cardiff, although the Bluebirds do have a game in hand. It was the striker's ninth goal since joining the club on loan from Newcastle.

"He's on fire at the moment," Sessegnon told Fulham's official website. "All you have to do is keep feeding him the ball and you know he's going to score the goals for us.

"Matt Targett had the ball and I made the run forward. He slipped it through the centre-back and the full-back and I just ran onto it. I saw Mitro in the box and fizzed it across and he was able to tap it in.

"We had to be patient. The goal wasn't coming in the first 20 minutes or so, so we had to be patient and wait for our opportunity. We did that and the goal came, so we're happy. We're buzzing. To continue the unbeaten run is a great feeling for us, and now it's just onto the next game."

Fulham's latest win was vital as they managed to capitalise on Cardiff's slip against Wolves on Friday night, and with Neil Warnock's side facing a tough trip to Aston Villa on Tuesday night, Fulham could jump above them if they beat Reading and the result at Villa Park goes their way.

Mitrovic celebrates scoring for Fulham

"We were aware that we needed to take advantage of that," Sessegnon said. "We all watched the game and knew that if Cardiff slipped up then it was our chance to pounce by getting three points and closing the gap on them.

"It is especially pleasing because the gap used to be so big. Now we have the belief, we've closed the gap and we keep winning games, so we're just raring to go in the next match."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11324125/aleksandar-mitrovic-is-on-fire-says-fulham-team-mate-ryan-sessegnon

WhiteJC

Floyd Ayite to be assessed ahead of Fulham clash with Reading

In-form Fulham will check on Floyd Ayite ahead of the visit of Reading.
Winger Ayite came on as a substitute during the 1-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday but lasted just 10 minutes before going off injured.
Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has an otherwise fully-fit squad for the Craven Cottage clash.
Fulham are looking to make it 20 games unbeaten and keep the pressure on second-placed Cardiff.
Reading can welcome back midfielder Dave Edwards from suspension.
Edwards missed Saturday's 1-0 win over Preston after he was sent off against Aston Villa in midweek.
Defender Tyler Blackett will be assessed after he sat out at the weekend having picked up a knock against Villa.
Saturday's victory left Paul Clement's side five points clear of the relegation zone.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/preview?gameId=483206

WhiteJC

Leeds United take Fulham youngster on two-week scholarship trial

The 18-year-old defender is on trial with Leeds as their U23 side took on Millwall this afternoon

Leeds United have taken Fulham youngster Dan Martin on a two-week scholarship trial, with the youngster playing for the side's U23s this afternoon.

The 18-year-old joined the Whites from Maidstone United, making his debut in the U18 set-up in 2015/16 and it seems that Leeds have taken the youngster on trial this afternoon.

Martin is a left sided defender, who can also play in midfield, has played 12 times for Fulham's U18s this season.

The U18 side currently occupy 7th place in the U18 Premier League table, having won six, drawn six and lost seven this season, while they were knocked out of the FA Youth Cup by local rivals Chelsea in a 6-0 defeat.

Meanwhile, in the first team, Ryan Fredericks has revealed he would love to play in the Premier League with Fulham .

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-take-fulham-youngster-14509430

WhiteJC

Fulham v Reading
TUE 10 Apr 2018   Championship
Venue: Craven Cottage

On-loan Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic took his goals tally to nine with the winner at Sheffield Wednesday

Fulham will hope winger Floyd Ayite (hamstring) has shaken off an injury picked up at Sheffield Wednesday.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has an otherwise fully-fit squad as they bid to stretch their unbeaten run to 20 matches.

Reading have midfielder Dave Edwards back from suspension and will monitor defender Tyler Blackett (illness) who missed the home win against Preston.

Centre-backs Paul McShane (hamstring) and Tommy Elphick (knee) remain out as they continue their recoveries.

Fulham will move up to second in the Championship if they beat the Royals and Cardiff fail to win at Aston Villa.

Reading manager Paul Clement told BBC Radio Berkshire:

"You never know in football what can happen.

"Fulham are a really in-form team, probably the in-form team in the Championship, they're hunting down second place.

"But, you don't know how the game will become for them now psychologically and the pressure that will bring knowing they also need to get a result.

"They know we need to get points as well and we go there trying to get as many as we can."

SAM's prediction
Home win 75%   Draw 16%   Away win 9%

SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

These sides last met at Craven Cottage in May 2017 in the first leg of the play-off semi-final, sharing a 1-1 draw.
    In regular league meetings, the Royals have conceded nine goals in their past two away trips to Craven Cottage, losing 4-2 in October 2015 and 5-0 in December 2016.
    In Championship meetings during the regular season, Slavisa Jokanovic's two home matches against Reading have ended in victory, winning 4-1 as Watford manager in March 2015 and 5-0 last season with Fulham.
    The Royals have won two of their past three Championship games, after a run of just one win in 18 prior to that.
    Fulham's club record run of 19 league games unbeaten (W15 D4) is also the longest current run in English league football.
    Sone Aluko - who played in the reverse fixture for Fulham but now plays for Reading - has scored one and assisted one in two previous league matches against the Cottagers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43624043

WhiteJC

Parker's Store Appearance

Former Fulham right-back Paul Parker will return to Craven Cottage on Tuesday, and you could meet him!

Paul will be at the Stadium Store from 5.30-6.30pm ahead of our meeting with Reading, where he'll be signing items and posing for photographs with Whites fans.

Before going on to represent England at the 1990 World Cup, Paul made 181 appearances for Fulham from 1981-1987, before returning for a handful of runouts at the end of his career in 1997.

While you're there, why not pick up the retro 1986 FFC shirt which Paul wore with distinction as a young player, and get it signed by the man himself?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/09/paul-parker-stadium-store-appearance