watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Singing in the Riverside

Started by FFChris, April 11, 2018, 10:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithh

I've never been on the pitch but was wondering what the players can hear.

Samjack

Totally understand that everyone watches their football in a different way and there's no way I'd accuse anyone who doesn't sing of being less passionate but it definitely makes a difference on the pitch if the crowd gets behind the team. Therefore, if you sit in the Riverside, for one game only - this Saturday against Brentford, have a go at making a bit more noise... just join in with the COYWs or the come on Fulham's... let's make it like Hamburg! If you're the shy type then it's a 5:30 KO so just have a couple more beers beforehand! Let's play our part in getting the team over the line into the prem... it's what we all want.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I sit in the JH Stand these days rather than the Riverside, but in no way would I ever criticise anyone who sits there.

The club needs money, season tickets cost money with the Riversiders paying more than anyone else.

They make a valuable contribution to the club and should be able to enjoy the game as they wish.

Stillbelieve

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 11, 2018, 04:22:36 PM
I sit in the JH Stand these days rather than the Riverside, but in no way would I ever criticise anyone who sits there.

The club needs money, season tickets cost money with the Riversiders paying more than anyone else.

They make a valuable contribution to the club and should be able to enjoy the game as they wish.

:plus one:

otter muppet

Enjoy the game as you wish, of course, but realise that you singing or not has an impact on the game you are trying to enjoy.

For myself I would love it if more sung with me in the Riverside. I feel any time I try and start a chant or sing it dies a quick death.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

filham

Quote from: TerryR on April 11, 2018, 12:05:06 PM
I was sitting in the riverside and two people behind me engaged in a work conversation for most of the game.
It really did my head in
Why wee they even there???!
Talking football at work I have indulged in and enjoyed but talking work at football, especially in a game like that, I just can't understand.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I only get to a couple / few games a year, but always get a Riverside ticket, mainly because I love having the river outside to have a coffee before the game / Halftime and then after the game hanging about there to see highlights and then the nice long walk up the Thames Walk home.
It's got to be one of the best settings for a stand in the country.

Anyhow, i do agree that there is a lack of atmosphere there though. I was in Block Z and it was almost embarrassing having the Reading fans singing and chanting for the first twenty minutes, and not a peep from our lot after folk had put their clappers down at kick off (actually they were being plenty used up to kick off)

I think the Z stand is usually the last to sell tickets in so is for the rather casual fans, but would love to see a bit more passion, especially the next few games.

fluffyninja

I was in the Leeds end last week with a mate who is a Leeds fan and I was interested to hear how loud or even if you could hear The Hammy end or JH , I've never really heard any singing from the RS.Anyway I couldn't hear bugger all for the first 10 minutes they chanted "Champions of Europe" non stop , Leeds fans are fantastic turning up in those numbers on a tuesday night.

We have always been a classic "sing when we're winning" crowd IMO , after we scored the first vs Leeds the noise levels were good but you do wonder what the players make of it on the quiet days , I know they're paid a lot and I don't know the answer the play off home leg vs Reading last year was the loudest I remember recently but it's all too rare.

Twig

So many players past and present have great things to say about their time at FFC.  Read memoirs, old interviews, TV clips etc. and you will rarely hear any of them, even the most seasoned pros criticise the experience.  I think that says a lot about how players feel about being on the pitch at Craven Cottage.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Burt on April 11, 2018, 12:24:27 PM
The Times report said that our support last night was "passionate"...  051
The thought of passion in the Riverside Stand is not one I care to consider.......   075.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jonaldiniho 88

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want. I hate sitting in the riverside. It's just not for me. People who argue that making noise doesn't help the team are kidding themselves IMO. When we sing about sess, Betts, mitro etc.. do you not think that spurs them on? Gives them confidence and makes them play that bit harder? Of course it does and I would love all three stands to belt it out. I sit in the hammy and try and do my bit. I would emplore everyone on Saturday to check if their vocal cords are working and try and create a juventus atmosphere. The atmosphere that day is as if not more of a memory to me than the football. If that isn't what you want to do then don't and I wouldn't think any less of anyone.

Luka

If more noise from the home support doesn't motivate our players, then you would never see them trying to whip up the noise levels like Sess did on Tuesday.
I think "getting behind the team" requires more than just turning up!!