more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Buffon

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 12, 2018, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Felt a bit bad for the guy.

Not convinced it was a sending off. Referee Oliver appeared to panic.

Ronnief

The Ref was quite right to send him off and I'd be surprised if Juventus don't get punished further for their appalling actions towards the Ref.
The decision by the Ref was debatable but it still does not warrant their reaction. If I had been ref I would have booked Ronaldo for his constant falling over and decent.   

sunburywhite

Quote from: Ronnief on April 12, 2018, 05:58:37 PM
The Ref was quite right to send him off and I'd be surprised if Juventus don't get punished further for their appalling actions towards the Ref.
The decision by the Ref was debatable but it still does not warrant their reaction. If I had been ref I would have booked Ronaldo for his constant falling over and decent.   

If Ronaldo was booked for all his falling over he would have more books than Waterstones
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Porthogs FC

Oliver decided the game with that penalty. If I was Buffon I would have lost it as well. I'd like to see anyone with the storied history Buffon has had with Juventus and his teams ability to come back from 3-0 to tie Real NOT lose their top in a situation like that.

It really was a shame that Oliver decided on a tough call.

Twig

He wasn't carded for falling over, it was for pushing the ref.  No payer can be allowed to physically manhandle referees, it simply cannot be permitted.  He had to go, sadly.  As for the pen, I have watched it several times and in my view it would have been a foul outside the box so technically a pen.  Not always given? True. Soft? True. But still a correct decision.  So you have to say Oliver got it all right. Not his fault he was dragged into something so unsavoury Juve players should have shown better discipline.

Mince n Tatties

Can't help but laugh what he said to Oliver,that he should be at home eating his crisps,or something like that it was...lol

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 12, 2018, 06:50:35 PM
Can't help but laugh what he said to Oliver,that he should be at home eating his crisps,or something like that it was...lol

Mentioned drinking Coca Cola eating crisps, with Pepsi as a main sponsor for the tournament ...

As for the decision, everyone has seen them given and it's been given. You can't tell a referee that due to the nature of the occasion that decisions should be different . Regardless of scenario, Buffon could have kept himself on the pitch without that reaction, while giving his team a better chance of saving the penalty.
Yes emotions ran high and players aren't robots, but aren't referees meant to be exactly like that? Judge the play instead of the emotions. He judged a challenge to be unfair regardless of stage, time nor stature and no remonstrations would rescind his decision. Following that a red card was warranted for the verbal abuse and maybe a push

JoelH5

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 12, 2018, 06:04:37 PM
Quote from: Ronnief on April 12, 2018, 05:58:37 PM

If Ronaldo was booked for all his falling over he would have more books than Waterstones

More cards than Clintons would have been better
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FulhamStu

Football causes it's own problems, what sort of example is that to kids.  Players should not be able to talk to refs like that. No wonder no one wants to be a ref, I would have sent about 3 of the raging Italians off.

If a player show dissent a yellow card.  Twice then he is sent off.  Players would very quickly stop, it's very simple but the football powers want this type of passion/aggression, can't do a proper tackle but can roll about, shout at the ref and act like a spoilt kid. Play with passion of course but control yourself and don't disrespect the ref.

the nutflush

I had to laugh at what he said when interviewed afterwards.  He said if the ref didn't have the courage to make strong decisions then he should sit in the stands and eat crisps and drink his Sprite. 

Said the ref had a garbage bin for a heart.  LOL. 

Woolly Mammoth

For Buffon
Read Buffoon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

It was poor from the ref. Was a penalty but he needs some common sense, it was an emotional game and very dramatic event. Just book him.
Ref did heavily bias decisions in favour of Real, specifically Mr Ronaldo not even being booked for the frequent dives and showings of petulance. I'm gutted for Juve.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on April 13, 2018, 10:46:05 AM
It was poor from the ref. Was a penalty but he needs some common sense, it was an emotional game and very dramatic event. Just book him.
Ref did heavily bias decisions in favour of Real, specifically Mr Ronaldo not even being booked for the frequent dives and showings of petulance. I'm gutted for Juve.

You make very good points, and I agree.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.