News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll on number of tickets for final to ST holders.

Started by MJG, April 18, 2018, 10:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q:How many tickets for a playoff final should ST holders be allowed to purchase? Note there are around 10k ST holders

3 (4.1%)
44 (59.5%)
7 (9.5%)
20 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: April 19, 2018, 10:30:43 AM

RaySmith

I think season  ticket holders  usually get too many tickets - 2 is enough. There  plenty of genuine fans who  don't have st's for one reason or another.

In '75 it was easy to get FA Cup Final tickets- if you had enough programme vouchers, though I suppose that's the  equivalent of the modern points system. I 'lost' a lot of points when the system changed over - have others had this problem?

Obviously depends on our allocation too.

Riversider

Quote from: RaySmith on April 18, 2018, 03:40:07 PM
I think season  ticket holders  usually get too many tickets - 2 is enough. There  plenty of genuine fans who  don't have st's for one reason or another.

In '75 it was easy to get FA Cup Final tickets- if you had enough programme vouchers, though I suppose that's the  equivalent of the modern points system. I 'lost' a lot of points when the system changed over - have others had this problem?

Are they the same genuine fans that can't make crucial home games like Reading, Brentford and Sunderland but can miraculously make it to Wembley , or is that another set of genuine fans ?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Riversider on April 18, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

Are they the same genuine fans that can't make crucial home games like Reading, Brentford and Sunderland but can miraculously make it to Wembley , or is that another set of genuine fans ?

Riversider, I cant make all midweek games and only managed Reading and Ipswich this season. In fact I cant make Sunderland either which has peed me right off!!

Not everyone can make the games whether at a weekend or during the week. For years I was a member and maybe only got to six games in a season due to being too poor or due to living outside of London and struggling with work commitments.

There are Fulham fans out there who only come to some games for all sorts of reasons.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

KJS

Quote from: Rambler on April 18, 2018, 11:38:36 AM
I'm not a season ticket holder and I would very much like to go. We really don't want something like the Hamburg final where many who wanted to go couldn't because of lack of tickets.
For me I don't see why they shouldn't go on sale to everyone at the same time - ST holders, members, those with a booking history. Not general sale though.
Those that are keen to go will get themselves organised and buy tickets early.
Give everyone a max number of 4 tickets

The Hamburg situation was different as we were only allocated about 20000 if I remember correctly.

The playoffs you get a lot more so it shouldn't be an issue for Members etc to get a ticket

Riversider

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 18, 2018, 05:13:10 PM
Quote from: Riversider on April 18, 2018, 04:28:59 PM

Riversider, I cant make all midweek games and only managed Reading and Ipswich this season. In fact I cant make Sunderland either which has peed me right off!!

Not everyone can make the games whether at a weekend or during the week. For years I was a member and maybe only got to six games in a season due to being too poor or due to living outside of London and struggling with work commitments.

There are Fulham fans out there who only come to some games for all sorts of reasons.

Are you a member ? I assume you are, at £30 a season why wouldn't you be, don't see it being an issue for members after season ticket holders have been looked after,
If you are not a member then I'm scratching my head to wonder why , this amazing 21 game run has given everybody plenty of time to get their affairs in order, everybody must have known that there was a chance that this day was coming.

SuffolkWhite

No not a member, a ST Holder fortunately and renewed for next season also.

The point I am making is when poorer I was unable to afford a tickets for games and also when I was a member I could not always afford tickets for games. Living outside of London also means I was not always able to get to games.

So my point is again, there are Fulham supporters that may only get to the odd game when they can afford it. That does not make them any less a fan IMO. So if you have a ticket history or membership there should be an opportunity to buy.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

RaySmith

I used to be a member when we were in the Prem, but now I can't afford it, and living outside London, most of the games I attend are away, due to financial reasons. I wish I could go to every game.

OK, so there are many rightly ahead of me in the queue for tickets, but I still don't see why ST holders should get more than 2 - they don't all go to all games.

Other fans deserve a chance of tickets. If they could do it for the FA Cup Final......

filham

Quote from: JHS66 on April 18, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

I would have thought an initial allocation of 2 per season ticket holder would be sensible then see what is left after other regular attenders have also had a chance to obtain tickets.
There is 10 days between the last initial round match and the final, there will not be time to fiddle around with three rounds of purchasing. Keep it simple with an arrangement designed to ensure that everyone who wants to go can go.

mrmicawbers

I have it on good authority that we have 11,000 plus Season tickets.I would say 3 per Season ticket and the rest to go to Members.I believe QPR got over 40,000 for their Play Off V Derby so would hope we would get the same should we get to Wembly.Lets hope we go up Automatically. Long shot I know but you never know.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: ffcne on April 18, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: brightster on April 18, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
I think 4 each for season ticket holders is about right. I think we get something like 45,000 for the final, it wasn't a problem when we last went to Wembley or Hamburg so can't see why it will be now.
It was a problem . As season ticket holders scooped the lot up and  there was nothing
left for members or even some other genuine fans .
Had to get mine off a Liverpool fan who had one thinking they were going.
You cant tell me all season ticket holders gave them to genuine fans .Know a lot who
gave them to mates for a jolly up in Hamburg.
2 is fair.

Massive difference in 12,800 plus the extra 1000 we got for Hamburg to the near 40,000 at Wembley. Hamburg was 6 per STH which was ludicrous, 1000s missed out & had to get tickets through other channels.
39,000 is a hell of a lot of tickets to sell, not sure limiting 10k STHs to 2 is going to help sell it out. QPR sold just shy of 40k & Millwall routinely take 45k+ (slightly different allocations). Loads of day trippers etc, think we'd definitely need a load of randoms to come anywhere near selling that amount

Riversider

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 18, 2018, 07:39:22 PM
I think 4 each for season ticket holders is about right. I think we get something like 45,000 for the final, it wasn't a problem when we last went to Wembley or Hamburg so can't see why it will be now.
It was a problem . As season ticket holders scooped the lot up and  there was nothing
You cant tell me all season ticket holders gave them to genuine fans .Know a lot who
2 is fair.

Massive difference in 12,800 plus the extra 1000 we got for Hamburg to the near 40,000 at Wembley. Hamburg was 6 per STH which was ludicrous, 1000s missed out & had to get tickets through other channels.
39,000 is a hell of a lot of tickets to sell, not sure limiting 10k STHs to 2 is going to help sell it out. QPR sold just shy of 40k & Millwall routinely take 45k+ (slightly different allocations). Loads of day trippers etc, think we'd definitely need a load of randoms to come anywhere near selling that amount

Agree entirely, season ticket holders should be offered a minimum of 3 tickets initially , it's ludicrous to think that every single season ticket holder is going to take up their full allocation, they won't
I would then offer the rest ( possibly 15,000 or more) to members, then any left overs to season ticket holders and people with a booking history, I'll be shocked if anyone doesn't get a ticket that wants one.

ffcne

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 18, 2018, 07:39:22 PM
2 is fair.

My point was that it was a problem for Hamburg .Complete farce by the club.Hope they have learnt from it. 2 is adequate  then members , then booking history for certain number of games .Then back to season ticket holders.Fulham would easily shift 40,000 tickets,

David Allen Crankshaw

After our semi-final win against Hamburg I travelled home to Manchester the following day to be told by a neighbour that all the tickets for the final had been sold due to the allocation of a maximum of four for each applicant. I obtained my ticket by purchasing it from a German fan on his country's ebay. On the night there were many Fulham fans trying to sell spare tickets outside the stadium. Should we reach Wembley the club will need to think carefully about how tickets are allocated. I am a season ticketholder.

Twig

I think this is becoming a bit of a stand off between STs and others which is a bit petty.  My proposal of 3 per ST is based purely on the arithmetic.  If we offer all 11,000 STs 3 tickets each then clearly not all will take up their full allocation.  Estimate an average uptake of 2.25 per ST and that would be approx. 25,000. This would leave 13,000+ for members and other supporters.  I think that is perfectly reasonable?

ffcne

Quote from: Twig on April 19, 2018, 12:16:00 PM
I think this is becoming a bit of a stand off between STs and others which is a bit petty.  My proposal of 3 per ST is based purely on the arithmetic.  If we offer all 11,000 STs 3 tickets each then clearly not all will take up their full allocation.  Estimate an average uptake of 2.25 per ST and that would be approx. 25,000. This would leave 13,000+ for members and other supporters.  I think that is perfectly reasonable?
Why would 'nt they take the 3 ? .Day out for friends and family at Wembley or sell them on to desperate fans who cannot get them from the club. 2 is ample , then members 1 each and then booking history and if some left offer them back to season ticket holders.   

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Whatever you decide, ultimately it will be up,to the Club to decide what method is used.

At the time of the 1975 Cup Final I had already been a regular Fulham supporter for 35 years, but at no time had I been a season ticket holder..

I ended up buying a ticket from a tout outside our ground andI would hate to see that happening again even though I am now an ST holder.

Chesh

I initially said 4, because I would really like to take my two Fulham supporting sons and give my long suffering football widow wife a big family day out in a potentially once in a lifetime event.

However, as long as MJG is correct that my two sons' junior season tickets entitles them to tickets themselves, then I don't think 12 tickets available to me (effectively) is anywhere near right.

2 per person I reckon initially, but expand it if early sales are slow.

My honest opinion is that we would struggle to sell 40,000 anyway - regardless of friends and family...
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Riversider

Quote from: Chesh on April 19, 2018, 02:24:05 PM
I initially said 4, because I would really like to take my two Fulham supporting sons and give my long suffering football widow wife a big family day out in a potentially once in a lifetime event.

However, as long as MJG is correct that my two sons' junior season tickets entitles them to tickets themselves, then I don't think 12 tickets available to me (effectively) is anywhere near right.

2 per person I reckon initially, but expand it if early sales are slow.

My honest opinion is that we would struggle to sell 40,000 anyway - regardless of friends and family...

Which just goes to make the point that I and others have already said, if it's 3 tickets or more (I suggest 3 ) there is no way that every season ticket holder will take up their full allocation, no way whatsoever, 
An initial 3 each ( of which some won't take 3) will still ensure plenty of tickets available for all the Tourists and Glory Hunters.

Arthur

If we want to sell anywhere near 38 000 tickets, we need to allow four-per-season-ticket holder.

If we only permit two tickets (as the poll favours heavily), I speculate that, of our 10 000 season-ticket holders:

250 won't buy a ticket at all.

2000 will buy just one ticket.

7750 will buy two

Total number of tickets sold: 17 500

Why would we try to sell more than half of our allocation - 20 500 tickets - to Members (some of whom, of course, will already have a ticket - purchased for them by a season-ticket holder)? The take-up simply won't be there.