News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we not get promoted, Do we have a serious problem?

Started by Andy S, April 18, 2018, 10:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

I fear the worst if we fail to reach the Premier League for all the reasons already stated.
It may turn out to be the best chance we may have for a very long time.
So I feel it's crucial for us to go up this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2018, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 18, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Quote from: KJS on April 18, 2018, 02:57:46 PM
Quote from: St Eve on April 18, 2018, 11:15:13 AM
Yes it would be a disaster

Why? It wasn't last season
Are you seriously asking this question? The circumstances are very different now. Our parachute payments have ended, compare our current laonees with last year, our manager is ever more sought after shall I go on?

Exactly.

Long and short of it IMO is, bad news, we will have to build almost a whole new team, probably to a new coach's tactics, but good news is, we'll likely have about £50m to do it from the sales of Cairney and Sess.

But we know from experience a substantial rebuild cannot be done in a single summer. Last time we lost a manager, he alone took 2 months to replace, and that was mid-season. Not to mention replacing our last decent striker (McCormack) which took 2 seasons FFS!

However (and I say this with baited breath) Tony Kahn & Co. have moved on their selves since this, the clown known as Kline has gone, and, our decision making has been a bit more better. Hopefully, and if it does come down to a rebuild next season, we're a bit more up to speed, and Jokanovic will have a bit more insight.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2018, 05:56:47 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 18, 2018, 04:12:58 PM
Hopefully, and if it does come down to a rebuild next season, we're a bit more up to speed, and Jokanovic will have a bit more insight.

IF Jokanovic is here
One of the biggest concerns is, will he stick around for a 4th (yes fourth!) season when his stock is so high?

Agreed - and his family are still in Spain.  La Liga may call.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 18, 2018, 12:10:50 PM
Our players are perfect for SJ style of football.

I used to think so too. Until I saw an interview with Jokanovic where he said he really wanted a more direct style of football, like his promotion season at Watford, but had to adjust to a more possession/passing oriented style because of the players available to him at FFC.

Fulham 442

One word answer, yes. We simply must go up this season. Everyone on here will support Fulham regardless, that is not the question. The Brentford result was a disaster as the playoffs are simply a lottery.

davew

+1 and probably the last time in my lifetime that we get another chance to get promoted! The owner would have to spend a huge some of money, even allowing for the sale of our star players, I really couldn't see that happening. I think it is s--t or bust this season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: davew on April 18, 2018, 07:07:05 PM
+1 and probably the last time in my lifetime that we get another chance to get promoted! The owner would have to spend a huge some of money, even allowing for the sale of our star players, I really couldn't see that happening. I think it is s--t or bust this season!

You don't need to spend huge to be successful, you need to be clever. Most of our best players were bought for relatively cheap values, such as Fredericks, Ream and McDonald.

It's the Championship. It's a very poor league in terms of quality.

Forever Fulham

without enough continuity in the squad, we'll be one and done in the EPL next season.  Of course players will be replaced, just for requisite talent's sake.  But too many gone, and we'll get our heads handed to us.

hovewhite

A setback with money from player sales,more of our younger players coming through to add to new players aquired.
A setback for a season I think.

toshes mate

All of the doom and gloom would be etched deeply into the script were we out of contention for a play off spot already, or desperately needing nine points from three games.  The dead body would almost be in the hearse and the funeral march fully prepared to carry it to its grave.  Whatever happens in the next few weeks is another experience to test our courage and our convictions.   What will be, will be.  Perhaps we will laugh at all our doubts sooner rather than later, and perhaps, one day, we will learn not to dot the 'i's' and cross the 't's' before they are even written.  One game at a time looking forward, but a lifetime of knowing the folly of planning when we look back - and laugh at ourselves.

HatterDon

how many of you said "this is our last chance for a long long time to get promoted" LAST year at this time?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2018, 06:03:47 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 20, 2018, 02:58:18 PM
how many of you said "this is our last chance for a long long time to get promoted" LAST year at this time?

I think what people were doing was saying we risked losing Kalas, Piazon, Sessegnon, Cairney, Jokanovic and other key players.

Luckily in the end that risk didn't materialise.

But it *was* a risk last summer, and it's still a risk, and we are pushing our luck if we run that risk and hoping to get away with it again.

A bit like crossing the road without looking, you might well get away with it once but you will get hit eventually

It is a much bigger risk and Hovewhite, Hatter Don et al are being ludicrously complacent.  Fortunately I absolutely believe we will go up so it will be an irrelevance (hopefully).