News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I would rather.....................................

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, September 25, 2010, 07:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

chew my leg off than sit through that again,a struggle to get there with the tube playing up,to sit though 90 minutes of a borefest :029: :029: :029: :029: :029: :dft006: :dft006: :dft006: :dft006:

Fernhurst

First home game I've missed for a while Sid ..... sounds as if I didn't miss much.

Gentleman Jim talked it up as an open game - but always best to rely on a Fulham supporter at the game.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

nobody could finish,on eitheir side,they would make a break,get in our area and then it would break down and then we would have a turn,Dembele would have mixed it up for us good and proper.I would say Everton had more of the ball than we did so maybe it was a point earned but god it was hard work to watch,it's 90 minutes of my life I'm never getting back :dft004: :dft004:

Fernhurst

At least we played a game of football today.......... Stoke Wolves and Blackburn a marvellous trio for relegation ...... PLEASE  

ron

I just got back......I'll have to look at the "possession" percentages, but it seemed like about 35%-65% favouring Everton in the first half...we couldn't get a kick at times. The concern for me was Dempsey, who looked petulant and disinterested and was too keen to go to ground rather than stay up and fight for possession. Other threads are criticising Duff etc......but Murph had a stinker and Demps should have gone off instead of Gera or Davies.

ron

Just found percentage possession as 48% - 52%....thanks to a better second half. 

Another aspect of the game was noticing how much we now miss the play of Zamora (and I never thought I'd say that, being a very late convert to him). He clearly buys us the time to play a passing game, because today we were being very quickly closed down every time we got the ball.

LBNo11

...not a very inspiring performance, we looked lost trying a new shape forced by the injuries of  Zamora and Dembele, both who would have made a a significant difference for Fulham.

With them, we would have won as that is the worst I have seen Everton for a long time - which was handy considering how lacklustre we looked... :dft006:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

I was sooooooooooooooooo bored..  Thank you and good night..x

Scrumpy

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 25, 2010, 08:34:24 PM
...not a very inspiring performance, we looked lost trying a new shape forced by the injuries of  Zamora and Dembele, both who would have made a a significant difference for Fulham.

With them, we would have won as that is the worst I have seen Everton for a long time - which was handy considering how lacklustre we looked... :dft006:

That's how I saw it LB. I think Mousa would have made or created at least half a dozen chances today, and one of them would have gone in.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

bigalffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 25, 2010, 07:23:55 PM
At least we played a game of football today.......... Stoke Wolves and Blackburn a marvellous trio for relegation ...... PLEASE  
+1
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

jarv

Stop worrying. Good start to the season, unbeaten against the odds. Evry now and then there will be a rubbish game. Try being me, I visit home once per year, occasionally get to see 2 matches. I have had the misfortune to watch Bolton (twice) and Middlesborough because that happened to be the game on during my week-end in London. (at least we won the games).
I envy you lot, going regularly.

HammyH3

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 25, 2010, 07:23:55 PM

It was a game of football (which I haven't seen since Blackpool) and we didn't lose.
The defense played well, but without Bobby or Mousa occupying their defenders and therefore making space for our midfield we were always going to struggle. Eddie made a bit of a difference when he came on and that made a little space for Clint which he hadn't had up until then. Last on MOTD I guess.

ImperialWhite

A classic! Second before last on MOTD.

I don't think it was that bad a game - that could easily have been 1-1 or 1-2.

Think we need Paintsil back though - as someone else pointed out on here, Duff could have had a much better game had we had an on form Paintsil running up and down the wing.

Jimpav

Was very boring and as you say a wasted 90 minutes.

I left our friends sons birthday party early to drive from Hampshire for the best part of 2 hours in traffic.

Then took me nearly an hour to get between Hammersmith and roehampton because of traffic.

In fact it made the chick flick I watched with the mrs tonight positively exciting.

Lighthouse

It may not have made a difference but playing Demps and Gera was a mistake and I STILL SAY play a forward, even a reserve up front. EJ may be brushed off the ball but he is quicker and if you are playing midfielders as forwards then play ones with pace.

We were never going to score today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

The crowd really agreed with Hughes taking Gera off for Johnson!!!, what is it with managers? filth manager took Drobga off 1-0 down and 20 on the clock

fulhamwannabe

if the game has been boring,then i salute mister "jim" who made it sound really good,i actually enjoyed his commentary better than that of s.sor the beeb's!!!chapeau monsieur jimv :Sparkyticus: