News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dodgy goal, would Roy have been pleased with it if he was still with us?

Started by epsomraver, September 26, 2010, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

A really poor dodgy goal that should have been disallowed, another howler by Atwell and all Roy can say is we got a fortunate goal, he really is under pressure there.

Oakeshott

I heard a lot of criticism of the goal during the Sky Sports News coverage of yesterday's game, the overwhelming sentiment being it shouldn't have been allowed. It wasn't until late in the evening that I saw it, and I can't see what the problem was: Turner took a free kick very casually, the Sunderland goalkeeper wasn't expecting it and Torres had the presence of mind to nip past Turner, collect the ball and set up an easy goal. What's the problem? If anyone should have a red face it is not the ref. (though he makes more than his share of mistakes) but Turner.

epsomraver

Sorry don't agree, if you watch again Atwell pointed to the spot he wanted the kick to be taken, it was behind where the ball was, he had already indicated that the ball had to go back and that is what Turner was doing. putting it back to where Atwell had indicated for the goalie to take, if it had been at our game would you be saying that you cannot see a problem?

Terry Tibbs

I can see both sides of this. 

What makes me chuckle though, is that it's as controversial as the 'beach ball goal' last year.

Jimpav

Another goal that shouldn't have stood. Sunderland were robbed.

Gerrards celebrations painted a thousand words.

SmithyFFC

Gerrard should have been sent off aswell  :red:. As Steve Bruce said after the game, if that had been Clattermole, it would have been a red. But Gerrard escaped with a yellow :yellow:.
FTID

HatterDon

According to the match announcer -- and this as it was happening -- Torres looked at Atwell to ensure that the ball was live and then went for it. There's no excuse for shutting off mentally at this point. It was, as we used to say in my yoof, a "massive dumbass attack."

I was immediately reminded of the 1982 NCAA finals. If you don't fancy basketball, just move ahead to 1:45 or so.

1982 NCAA Basketball Championship

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel