watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 5 Most Underrrated Players In This Squad

Started by White Noise, February 06, 2010, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Who do you think are the players for whom the fans opinion of them is at greatest odds with their actual ability and potential?

Here's my top 5 -

1) Andy Johnson
2) Paul Konchesky
3) Jonathan Greening
4) Bjorn Helge Riise
5) Kagisho Dikcagoi

Lighthouse

Sometimes the team doesn't play to the players strengths. As a critic of BZ I thought he was great only when the team changed the way they played.  So with that in mind

Gera - He defends well enough, is better and dangerous when he plays behind BZ. Out on the wide arrear he is less of a force. But turned it around for me.

AJ - We really don't play to his strengths. When he is fit and running into space he can turn players but ends up with little support. We will miss a fit AJ.

Dika - He is not the finished article but is a better central defender than Baird

Baird - A better fullback than given credit. Compared to Hughes or Kelly that position. But with his lack of pace will always be caught out of position.

BZ - His comeback from injury when not really fit at all is a testament to his willingness to gamble his career for the team. He will not be as successful and will have people criticise him. People like me. But you have to admire him.

Riise - One bad game shouldn't be held against him. But he cannot play in the middle of midfield. He literally vanishes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

richie17

Riise - has played well in Europe but I worry that he could be too lightweight for the premier league.  It's a lazy assertion but still something to keep an eye on.  Can we exploit his excellent crossing though? 

Kelly - average full-back bereft of confidence = shaky performances.  We shouldn't be so quick to write him off, but he's having a bad run

Johnson - scored 13 in 49 or so, which, given the way we're set up, is fine.   Stupid how people are saying he's not good enough now.   Boggles the mind that we absolutely have to have someone to slag off...

Greening - fair player, the goal should shut the more black/white interpreters up for a bit

Dikgacoi - going to be very, very good.   He's got it all I think.

Thing is, at any point, you can find people slagging off most of our players.  Hughes for a time "can't jump" or, my favourite "Is forcing Hangeland to play on the left side"!   Konchesky's better than people say, Paintsil and Etuhu were both slagged before they'd even played for us, Zamora's case is happily over for now, Gera was getting booed after a decent start in a Fulham shirt, Baird we know about.   Murphy's the interesting one, as he's a) our best player but b) playing shakily, which makes for an interesting situation....