watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even the refs want us to go up!

Started by FulhamKC, April 27, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

after several [dozen] replays, I don't think it was a penalty and I don't think Mitro was offsides.

What I'm really confused about was how Cairney's rocket didn't go in. Everybody on the pitch thought it was a goal, and I'll bet 99% of the people at the Cottage thought so also.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hovewhite

Refs decisions were karma as early season refs decisions cost us pionts,so karma boys that's what it was last night.coyw

davew

I think the ref was man of the match for us.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Both of the controversial decisions could have gone either way I guess.  Our view of the penalty shout was poor but the Mitro goal looked on side to us.

RaySmith

Both decisions seemed correct to me - the ref has to be 100% sure to give a pen anyway.

I don't think it's a good idea to have threads with the title of this one- plays into our enemies' hands.

toshes mate

Bankes was in charge of Cardiff v Forest and I mentioned his failure to penalise Gunnarsson for obstructing the goalkeeper for the hosts first goal on here. 

He is not the world's best referee (shall I say) but it does appear he can, like a broken clock, be right a couple of times every day.  The media will always look for controversy first and make a meal of it, as do all of us I guess.  On the penalty claim I am not sure there was a deliberate attempt to trip Ejaria and without mutli-dimensional holographic imagery the offside would also have been a tough one to call on Mitro although in athletics and at the camera angle used (which was not exactly in line) he would have won the race.   At the end of it the result is always a reflection of  the referee's ability to make correct decisions and he is the same for any side wherever he goes.   Who knows how many points he has cost injured parties?  Who knows what the table may have looked like if every refereeing decision made in the Championship this season had been one hundred percent accurate? 

otter muppet

Didn't see the penalty or the offside clearly at the ground. Did see Sunderland players going down like they've been shot repeatidly and ref giving it like a mug. I think if we hadn't taken our chances and they had theirs, we'd be talking about how the referee had done us again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cookieg

Quote from: Statto on April 27, 2018, 10:28:18 PM
He made up for at the end though didn't he.

Should have sent off about 4 of their players for taking it in turns to assault Johansen.

Then makes up a completely new rule that the ref decides whether you need a physio and if you disagree you go in the sin bin.

Pillock.

He waved for the physio to come on then Mitro gets up so maybe he has to go off. Did seem a bit daft though.

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 27, 2018, 09:55:12 PM
He played about 97 mins instead of 94. Wasn't he the same ref we had for Brentford. He's a twit! Still, who cares!
He quite rightly added time on in injury time for some silly antics by our players. We need to stop this extreme time wasting, it is likely to come back and bite us.

Milo

Seen highlights again today and Mitro goal looked offside with their new clip..! The first angle we got shown last night was benefit of the doubt.

bill taylors apprentice

Can't say I have ever seen both keepers booked for time wasting in the same half?

IMO he is another ref who is more interested in appearing to ref by the book to further his career than doing the job properly.

Asotosyios

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 28, 2018, 11:50:58 AM
Can't say I have ever seen both keepers booked for time wasting in the same half?

IMO he is another ref who is more interested in appearing to ref by the book to further his career than doing the job properly.

He was right to book both keepers.

I am watching the game again and think we were also lucky with Piazon's handball about 5 minutes before Mitrovic scored. The referee could have given a penalty very easily.

Holders

Quote from: Bill2 on April 28, 2018, 12:30:18 AM
Just seen the penalty and offside incidents on SKY, even on the box it was difficult to see if it was a penalty and the goal was not offside, Mitro was leaning forward but his feet were behind the last man.

Yes, his feet certainly were.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffc2004

Quote from: Holders on April 28, 2018, 12:34:41 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on April 28, 2018, 12:30:18 AM
Just seen the penalty and offside incidents on SKY, even on the box it was difficult to see if it was a penalty and the goal was not offside, Mitro was leaning forward but his feet were behind the last man.

Yes, his feet certainly were.

It's any body part you can legally score with though, so he was off

New Kid on the Block

As far as I'm aware, non of the Sunderland players appealed for offside, which is all that matters.