watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even the refs want us to go up!

Started by FulhamKC, April 27, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

That's two beneficial non-calls for the good guys.

One Martin Thomas

Yep. Even itself out over the season though ! How lucky have Cardiff been ?

Forever Fulham

Hey, don't post titles like that.  You never know how it can be used against us in the near future. 

JoelH5

He played about 97 mins instead of 94. Wasn't he the same ref we had for Brentford. He's a twit! Still, who cares!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FulhamKC

Mitro going down like that doesn't help.

JoelH5

Quote from: FulhamKC on April 27, 2018, 10:10:15 PM
Mitro going down like that doesn't help.

Great gamesmanship imo. Wastes time and breaks up the play. We missed that last year
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FulhamKC

But it doesn't really reduce the time remaining to be played. It seems to me that the refs always add on more time than was wasted.

Milo

No idea why everyone is making out that because Mitros head was marginally further forward than their defender that that makes it offside.

When it's a close decision, the benefit goes to the striker. Simple. So there's no discussion to be had. Onside.

Milo

Incidentally the referee's view of the penalty was a trick of the eye. It looked from his angle that their striker dangled his leg out to buy the penalty.

Only the angle Sky played from the side/behind the goal made it clear that it was indeed a penalty.

RaySmith

Sky makes me sick - make a big thing about two  decisions, which weren't clear cut at all - nothing wrong with Mitro's goal, and the so called definite pen looked like a dive, and Sunderland were looking for cheap free kicks , and getting them, throughout the game.

What about all the fouls that Sunderland got away with?

flyingfish

Cardiff forums are absolutely apoplectic about the referees. Half of them convinced the league is fixed or Khan has bribed the fa with the Wembley offer. They are going off their nuts

Woolly Mammoth

Cardiff don't deserve anything, a team of misfits, with a misfit for a manager, who would want them in the Premier.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

terryr

Cardiff forums are all about the ref giving us the game.
Mitros  goal was off side and Sunderland denied a sure penalty.
All I had  was GJ so can't say if we got away with anything or not. God knows refs have hurt us this season so maybe it's balancing  out

Dodgin

Mitrovic going down in the added time concerned me, the ref always just adds more time on, against Brentford that last minute equaliser may well not have happened. Just a small moan. He has set us alight.

hopper

To be honest, even at the game I thought the ref let us get away with a lot.

If the shoe was on the other foot and this was Cardiff we would all be going mad.

Great to be on the right side of it. Mitro's positioning was the same as the Brentford player who assisted their equaliser, so I guess that's justice. Also earlier in the season we were denied some nailed on pens, possibly against Cardiff away (?! - Johansen or Sess if memory serves me correct).

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Milo on April 27, 2018, 10:24:06 PM
No idea why everyone is making out that because Mitros head was marginally further forward than their defender that that makes it offside.

When it's a close decision, the benefit goes to the striker. Simple. So there's no discussion to be had. Onside.

Not to mention the camera was skewed behind the line, making it an unfair angle to go off the still image alone. If that was a camera right down the line I guarantee Mitro was easily even with the last defender.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Bill2

Just seen the penalty and offside incidents on SKY, even on the box it was difficult to see if it was a penalty and the goal was not offside, Mitro was leaning forward but his feet were behind the last man.

HV71

Haven't seen it but I think the law says that it's any part of your body that yo can legally score with ( something like that)

Woolly Mammoth

I feel so guilty, no I don't, but it goes to show after watching this match that there is no such thing as a dead cert. But we won, and it this stage of the season, that's all that counts.
So we could have a minimum of one match left, or a maximum of four.
I can see Warlock and his players having a sleepless night tonight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Well we have managed to put the pressure on a tad. I sincerely hope we avoid the play offs ass I'm not sure I could handle the pressure from the nex 4 games