watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham Away

Started by Andy S, April 28, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

After our cup final of 1975 I have always said that the northerners must enjoy cup final day more than us southern folk. It is all down to dressing up the car and heading down the motorway. All we can do is hop on the tube for a short journey.
Next week when we head up to Brum are we going to dress up the cars. This is like our cup final after all

RaySmith

Nice one.

I remember after John Mitchell's last minute semi-final replay winner, still dazed with  joy, I mistakenly got on a Brum fans' coach instead of  the Fulham one-'Come on Fulham ' I shouted when I saw all the blue scarves, then jumped off quickly to avoid the missiles.

Then you used to get tickets by queuing up at the ticket office on a Sunday morning, but I used to go very week anyway, though not an st holder - but I don't think many were in those days of cheap admission. I suppose the present system of ticket distribution is fairer. Also, a lot more tickets allocated to a semi-final than a normal league game, which  this Brum game is - though obviously more like a Cup Final, as you say.

It did mean a lot going to Wembley in those dyas, even as a londoner, because  you only went for finals. I remember the sight of the twin towers as I walked down Wembley Way, singing Abide With Me, then seeing Fulham run out onto the famously lush turf. It was like a dream, even if the game turned into a nightmare!