Main Menu

Bentford's season over. Lol

Started by fcfulham55, April 28, 2018, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Interesting to see who manages 6th.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

filham

Bet the team that finished 7th will be more disappointed than the team that finishes 3rd.

Neil D

They had the last laugh.  Their equaliser cost us the two points which will probably force us to contest the play-offs.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Neil D on April 28, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
They had the last laugh.  Their equaliser cost us the two points which will probably force us to contest the play-offs.

You could say that about any match we have drawn this season.  There's nothing special about Brentford.  They're a half decent Championship team, no more, no less.

SP

Shows how far we've come that 2 home draws are seen by some as a disaster.

Personally, as someone who exits through the Putney Gates, I thought it was hilarious watching QPR & Brentford fans celebrating like they'd won the World Cup.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: SP on April 28, 2018, 09:34:15 PM

Personally, as someone who exits through the Putney Gates, I thought it was hilarious watching QPR & Brentford fans celebrating like they'd won the World Cup.

The highlight of their season!

FFCFOREVER

Sh1tty irrelevant club just living in our shadows.This has always been the case and always will be.Pointless plastic team with no history.

Milo

Quote from: SP on April 28, 2018, 09:34:15 PM

You sound like Warnock

Lighthouse

I think losing at Sunderland among other silly defeats earlier in the season and giving Cardiff such a huge points advantage probably had more bearing on our promotion chances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Asotosyios

I would prefer Derby to Middlesbrough or Preston.

Twig

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on April 28, 2018, 09:39:38 PM
Sh1tty irrelevant club just living in our shadows.This has always been the case and always will be.Pointless plastic team with no history.

I don't get this why are they shitty? Why dislike them so much? They are a local club with real supporters not plastic glory hunters, many of whom have put their hands in their pockets to keep them afloat (on two occasions that I can recall).  They  have been owned by the supporters, have had supporters on the Board, have had supporters work for nothing to help them survive.  Personally I respect them.

Tabby

Happy not to face them in the playoffs. I think they have been the team we've looked worst against in two legs out of the hopefuls.

Thought they were edging last game and they won at home. They along with Preston were the ones I was worrying about most.

The Rock

I thought Brentford did well and deserve to be where they are. I blame us not them for that equaliser.

The Rock

Quote from: Tabby on April 29, 2018, 12:18:43 AM
Happy not to face them in the playoffs. I think they have been the team we've looked worst against in two legs out of the hopefuls.

Thought they were edging last game and they won at home. They along with Preston were the ones I was worrying about most.

I also think highly of Preston. I remember they have mutants as their back four, and they are hard to come by.

Neil D

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 28, 2018, 09:30:01 PM

You could say that about any match we have drawn this season.  There's nothing special about Brentford.  They're a half decent Championship team, no more, no less.

It's all about the timing.  Fresher and more raw.  Objectively, of course, two points dropped at any time in the season is as relevant as those against Brentford.

bobbo

Quote from: Twig on April 28, 2018, 11:35:30 PM

I don't get this why are they shitty? Why dislike them so much? They are a local club with real supporters not plastic glory hunters, many of whom have put their hands in their pockets to keep them afloat (on two occasions that I can recall).  They  have been owned by the supporters, have had supporters on the Board, have had supporters work for nothing to help them survive.  Personally I respect them.
my thoughts too twig 👍
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham 442

Yes I am happy not to face Brentford in the playoffs, if that is where we end up.  Looks as though it will be either Derby, Preston or Boro...

bog

Quote from: Twig on April 28, 2018, 11:35:30 PM

:plus one:

filham

A poor club and definety 2nd rate compared with us.
However they have a small band of loyal fans and have had a good season and aproval for a new ground . They are not in debt, we should show a little respect for them

ffc73

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 28, 2018, 11:10:28 PM

I think losing at Sunderland among other silly defeats earlier in the season and giving Cardiff such a huge points advantage probably had more bearing on our promotion chances.

We have dropped 10 points in the fixtures against the current bottom 3 of Burton, Bolton and Sunderland.  Cardiff dropped 3 (a defeat at Bolton).