News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe only small comfort because of the way they are playing but...

Started by KingofCheese, April 29, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

WhiteJC

KingofCheese

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 29, 2018, 09:10:37 AM
Quote from: KingofCheese on April 29, 2018, 08:58:05 AM
...Reading may need to win or draw next week to stay up.

unfortunately so may Birmingham

Yes but we have some control in Birmingham but still need Reading to actually show up.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Dodger53

Looked at the Reading Forum, apart from final minutes when they let in 2 goals they thought they played well unfortunatly so did the Ipswich keeeper. Unlucky even!  The other thing that came out loud and clear is how useless Chris Martin is. Not sure Clements has the dressing room but pride may make them turn up and surprise everyone.

Holders

It looks like Reading need a draw to be sure, perhaps a win if everything else relevant went the wrong way but it won't be a "going through the motions" game for them.

But it's clutching at straws to think that Cardiff will let it slip now, not impossible but highly unlikely. Whatever else they are, they're tenacious.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stevieboy

Let's hope the ref keeps his eyes open for the infamous blocking the goalkeeper tactic from Cardiff.

the nutflush

Reading let Ipswich put 4 past them at home.  They only needed a point out of their last two games and got turned over at home..... by Ipswich.  My money would be on Reading getting their asses handed to them by Cardiff next weekend. 

ffc73

Reading have 43 points and a better goal difference than Birmingham.

Bolton would need to beat Forest and have a goal swing of +14 to overhaul Reading
Burton will have to win at PNE, the latter who need to win to have any chance of overtaking Derby
Barnsley need to win at Derby.  Derby will need at least a point to keep 6th from PNE. 
Birmingham need to better Reading's result to climb above them.

So Reading get relegated with Burton winning AND Barnsley winning AND Birmingham avoiding defeat against us.

Now anything is possible but I would suggest that after losing 0-4 at home yesterday the Reading players already have their beach towels on the deckchairs next to the Hull players

Riversider

Can we stop all this nonsense.
For Reading and Birmingham to get relegated can somebody please post on here what chain of events would have had to happened in the other matches for this to happen,
When you've typed it out can you read it back to yourself so that you can see it's all a load of tosh and won't be happening.

ffc73

Quote from: Riversider on April 29, 2018, 01:56:35 PM
Can we stop all this nonsense.
For Reading and Birmingham to get relegated can somebody please post on here what chain of events would have had to happened in the other matches for this to happen,
When you've typed it out can you read it back to yourself so that you can see it's all a load of tosh and won't be happening.

I did Riversider and Statto summarised the situation perfectly.  If you require any further reason to stop the grasping of straws, Reading have lost their last 4 away and with a win next Sunday Cardiff will overtake Wolves to have the best home record in the Championship for the season.

ffc73

Understood Statto.  Tend to feel I am of a realistic persuasion rather than pessimistic but it is often a fine line.

I agree that in football, and in sport, you can get the unpredictable result on any given day.  If Reading go to Cardiff and avoid defeat then we have to being putting in a performance at St Andrew's to take full advantage.  I will be at the game in Birmingham willing the unlikely to happen for us.

Holders

Whatever the outcome, at least this will have been the most interesting and exciting second half of the season for several years and a pleasurable ride even if we do end up in the play-offs.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham1959

We have swapped places with Cardiff a couple of times in recent weeks.  Perhaps one more swap to go ?