watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff goals yesterday

Started by bobby01, April 29, 2018, 10:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

After all their talking about our luck with the ref. Their first, 3 players impeding the goalkeeper, their second blatantly offside.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Stevieboy

lasse vigen

I reckon their second goal looks well onside. Horrendous defending unfortunately... Morrison had so much time to take his goal.

Burt

Missed a sitter at the end...

Regardless, it's still in their hands, and we just have to hope that Reading park the bus to get the point they need to guarantee safety!

Lighthouse

Ref decisions can go either way when it comes to offsides etc. But I don't understand the rules that now allow a player to deliberately obstruct the keeper at corners. Cardiff use this as a tactic and I guess it is now allowed because they do it so often.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2018, 12:54:23 PM
Ref decisions can go either way when it comes to offsides etc. But I don't understand the rules that now allow a player to deliberately obstruct the keeper at corners. Cardiff use this as a tactic and I guess it is now allowed because they do it so often.
Terible rule , almost as bad as in the old days when it was legal to barge the keeper as long as he had feet on the ground.

Stevieboy

Seem to remember, before my time though, when we lost an FA Cup semi to Newcastle after our goalkeeper was barged into the net??

grandad

Colin is only copying what Allardyce used to practice when with Bolton. Pushing the rules to the absolute limit & a bit beyond as the refs don´t know how to deal with it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cookieg

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2018, 12:54:23 PM

And you can guarantee that if the keeper pushes back the player would go down like a sack of spuds and claim a penalty.

Andy S

res

Quote from: Stevieboy on May 01, 2018, 10:54:18 AM
Seem to remember, before my time though, when we lost an FA Cup semi to Newcastle after our goalkeeper was barged into the net??

I think it was a league game which we lost 5-4 at a very crowded Cottage.

BlueDredd

I've just watched both goals back.. nobody obstructed the keeper. The ball swung in, all players including the defenders went for the ball and the keeper couldn't get a hand on it. If that were a Fulham goal you'd have absolutely nothing to say about it.

The second goal. C'mon.. offside? I understand you dislike Cardiff due to us being in 2nd place. But to say that goal was offside is just childish.

May the best team be promoted come Sunday  :54:

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The famous Newcastle game was in 1956 and I believe that it was the 3rd Round.
I was there on the half way line.

I cannot see the point of analysing these Cardiff goals because last week Sunderland should definitely have had a penalty and our second goal was probably offside, but they all counted.

Unfortunately I think that Cardiff will go up due to the simple reason that they will have more points than us and therefore deserve it, whatever style of football they play.

Huddersfield got up last year and who would have thought that they would still be hanging on by the skin of their teeth instead of having been relegated by Easter..

Fulham have been playing their cup finals for half a season and what worries me is that to lose a cup final is shattering for any sportsman. You rarely see good matches in competitions where beaten semi finalists have to play off for third place and although there will be more to play for here, they will really have to motivate themselves, otherwise it will be Middlesborough who get the prize.

JoelH5

Imagine signing up to another team's forum. This thread must have really got to those two guys haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end