watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now that the dust has settled...

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 29, 2018, 03:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

For me, and any typical FFC fans, I suppose I was sitting there yesterday, expecting the fairy tail ending, with Hull beating Cardiff, us going to Birmingham in 2nd, and, 3,800 of us all celebrating after 90 mins with automatic promotion, with blow up rubber rings, balloons, face paints, and all that old clap-trap..

However..

When the afternoon beers wore off, my sensibility returned, as football isn't like that, Fulham aren't like that, and realistically, this was always going down to the last game of the season.

Even sitting in 2nd, there's no guarantees we'd go to Birmingham and win, there's no guarantees Cardiff will beat Reading, if they're playing to stay in the league. There's no guarantees, Barnsley will lose to Derby, they just beat Brentford, who we all feared would meet us in the playoffs.

For me, losing out on 2nd after our run, and the possibility of crashing out in the playoffs, is more painful than say, just squeezing in like Derby, and flukeing it.

Logically, we've been brilliant to be 17pts points behind Cardiff, with now just a point in it, to be a right thorn in their side, and by Christ we have been.

It's ceratinly not over, we've seen this done before on the last day, with teams like Watford, and Slav said, the team Cardiff will slip up to would be Reading.

Not sure if he knows something we don't, but, if you're thinking of bailing out of going to Birmingham now, I'd seriously advise against it.

Cardiff, we're coming for you 

Fulham1959

Anyone know the whereabouts of "The Fat Lady" ?

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 29, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

Neither in Cardiff or Fulham, she'll be lurking somewhere next Saturday, as they'll inevitably be one winner, and one loser, but, I'd hate to call it. Went through all this at Pompey away.

Fulham76

It's definitely not over, we still have a decent chance of automatic if we win at Birmingham next week but I'd rather be in Cardiff's position to be honest.

We can beat anyone in the play offs but we've never beaten anyone in the play offs & it really is a complete lottery & we have to & will lose again, and probably very soon.

I just hope the unexpected happens next week & Reading don't lose to Cardiff. It sounds like their manager was embarrassed by their performance yesterday & has promised they'll improve.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 29, 2018, 03:38:52 PM
It's definitely not over, we still have a decent chance of automatic if we win at Birmingham next week but I'd rather be in Cardiff's position to be honest.

We can beat anyone in the play offs but we've never beaten anyone in the play offs & it really is a complete lottery & we have to & will lose again, and probably very soon.

I just hope the unexpected happens next week & Reading don't lose to Cardiff. It sounds like their manager was embarrassed by their performance yesterday & has promised they'll improve.

We've seen it all before, where teams have had to perform to stay in the league. Let's be honest, I'd rather Reading be going to Cardiff now having to at least get a point, than nothing. Readings style, when they perform, will frustrate Cardiff, they've just got to defend well at set pieces.

Woolly Mammoth

She is singing in the bath.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never Surrender ( Non Sessio ).
I am still hopeful that we can pull off a dramatic win up at Birmingham, whist Reading pull off a dramatic result in Cardiff.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Come what may, I have ordered a bunch of black and white beach balls and fully intend to use them at St Andrews  :dft011:

Fulham76

Always wondered what happens in a fat lady singing contest...

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

And causing bubbles through unforced flatulence.   :005:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bog on April 29, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

And causing bubbles through unforced flatulence.   :005:
Yes, because if it was 'forced' she might gamble.....and lose!!!  :0
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

jeremyfulham

I think the fat lady plays for Reading unfortunately ! COYW

KJS

Quote from: jeremyfulham on April 30, 2018, 09:32:39 AM
I think the fat lady plays for Reading unfortunately ! COYW

Is her surname Martin by any chance!!