News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

IF we go to Wembley - would we sell out?

Started by ffcthereligion, May 01, 2018, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

Ive seen a few comments posted on here saying we'll sell out Wembley before members are allowed to purchase tickets. I cant see that happening at all to be honest.

I think our allocation would be 35k, which makes me think that with what i would call 'well wishers' we would eventually sell it out a few days in advance but touch and go. 22k is a full Cottage (3000 away supporters) and that requires neutrals to put it in perspective. What do you think?

Woolly Mammoth

Well there are a lot of supporters that for one reason or another, cannot attend matches every home game. Due to either work related, financial reasons, health, and logistically.
But on the rare occasion a club may get to Wembley or a similar match of enormous magnitude, whereupon these supporters, whether they are part time or casual or a Fulham fan for the day because they have a soft spot for Fulham.
Or a floating supporter, and there are many of them.
Or perhaps for fans of another team, Fulham maybe their second team.
Add family and friends and the neutral, and tourists and overseas supporters, who will jump at the opportunity to go to Wembley to watch a good game of football.
Suddenly 35,000 may not be enough. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Totally agree Woolly we'd fill it just like the europa final

hovewhite

choice_of_ends

mrmicawbers

I'm pretty sure we would.I also think anyone who is a member or have a history of buying home tickets would get one.Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that and we go up Automatically. Not sure my Ticker could take it.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Andy S on May 01, 2018, 09:12:16 PM

There were only 12k at the final. I accept it was overseas and midweek so not a fair comparison but it wasn't the other side of the world and was the biggest game in clubs history.

Twig

I suspect we might, just, sell our allocation but if not we wouldn't be the first to fall short.

Fulham 442

There were only 12k at the final. I accept it was overseas and midweek so not a fair comparison but it wasn't the other side of the world and was the biggest game in clubs history.

Wow is that all? It certainly felt like more. Was a bit surreal bumping into people in Hamburg that I'd only ever see  at the Cottage!

Gezza

As long as they don't give four tickets to every season ticket holder, which they did for the Europa final, which is unfair on members.

General

Bloody hope I can go. I think it'll be exactly like the Europa League final which we sold out and was an amazing experience from a fan viewpoint. The sound we made was amazing! First time I've heard a literal wall of sound from fans chanting. And that was in Germany not in london our own doorstep. I think there are a lot more fulham fans than the 25,000 stadium capacity we have I just think there are probably a few families where everyone 'supports' fulham but are kept in loop by one ardent fan for instance.. but a match at Wembley for all of them would definitely galvanise those supporters to get involved.

That said though, Cardiff had 30% possession against hull on the weekend and if reading are up for it this could be a premature conversation to be having. I see Aluko has having big game ability. Cardiff aren't a possession side. They have to win.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'll be flying from USA so that's 2
and hopefully meet up with my 2 US moderator friends, Hatterdon and several others.

There were plenty of us in Jacksonville
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

General

Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 01, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

Those tickets were gold dust though. Sold out in record timing and a lot of people who wanted them couldn't get them believe we sold out before going on general sale to season ticket holders and members.. mainly due to corporate tickets given for European finals.

Twig

Quote from: General on May 02, 2018, 01:42:13 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 01, 2018, 09:53:07 PM

Those tickets were gold dust though. Sold out in record timing and a lot of people who wanted them couldn't get them believe we sold out before going on general sale to season ticket holders and members.. mainly due to corporate tickets given for European finals.

We had to buy a package through some agency. Cost us a fortune but it was unmissable.

Twig

Quote from: Gezza on May 01, 2018, 10:11:48 PM
As long as they don't give four tickets to every season ticket holder, which they did for the Europa final, which is unfair on members.

Gezza, Even if they were to offer 4 (and I don't think they should), I think there will still be sufficient for members. The allocation is usually a bit over 35,000. There are just over 10,000 ST holders. Many will not take up their full allocation e.g. if my wife and I were offered 4 each i.e. 8, the most we would takke up would be 4.  Assume average uptake is 2.5 per ST and that is 25,000 sold leaving 10,000 for members. 
Personally I would limit it to 3 per ST, but even at 4 I think you would get a ticket if you are a member.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2018, 08:44:23 PM
Well there are a lot of supporters that for one reason or another, cannot attend matches every home game. Due to either work related, financial reasons, health, and logistically.
But on the rare occasion a club may get to Wembley or a similar match of enormous magnitude, whereupon these supporters, whether they are part time or casual or a Fulham fan for the day because they have a soft spot for Fulham.
Or a floating supporter, and there are many of them.
Or perhaps for fans of another team, Fulham maybe their second team.
Add family and friends and the neutral, and tourists and overseas supporters, who will jump at the opportunity to go to Wembley to watch a good game of football.
Suddenly 35,000 may not be enough.

+1

Holders

For Wembley 1975 you had to have at least 20 programme vouchers to go into the draw.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Not sure if its a good comparison but here in Lincoln where I live they took 26,000+ to the recent Checkatrade Final. Not bad considering Sincil bank only holds 10,000 these days!

I'm sure we will sell out if and when!

HamsterWheel

I expect most members will get seats through season ticket holders they know/are related to. As they'll want to sit next to them. So sure there will be enough for all.

Horsfield_No9

Very doubtful. Not sure I've seen a sold put play off final in the new Wembley. If Villa make it they will sell out.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.