watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-A week of tension

Started by bog, May 02, 2018, 08:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

After 65 years the lead up to this game, for tension, has to be in the top 3. The first one, for me, is back in 1958 waiting for the semi final v Utd.  My introduction to Fulham being in the news. 2 For the Europa League final, in a final we would NEVER have believed and being viewed by the whole of Europe.....and now this game. I have been full of it for the whole week. COYW!!!

092.gif

Fernhurst

With our fantastic unbeaten run we should be exuding confidence in abundance, but you and I Captain have been around so long we are well used to "donning the cloak of disappointment "

If history repeats itself Sunday's shenanigans will result in us being in the playoffs AGAIN.
We can only hope a long held tradition of "not quite making it" is thrown in the fire and Cardiff be remembered evermore for the year they bottled it on the last day.

To me, it's natural justice the best footballing side in the division gets promoted automatically, BUT my supporting life (60 years) has never led me to ultimate triumphs (although 2001 was good). Our family will be watching the Cardiff game with Gentleman Jim on in the background.
Tension does not describe it Captain.

COYW ........ one time

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Yes fellow 6 decader we have been through it all have we not. But we still still love our club and always will do. Agree with every word fellow squadie. It is my birthday Sunday....is my best present being wrapped as I one finger type?  082.gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Wow ..... what a present that would be   :wow:

Many many happy returns for Sunday Captain.  081.gif

FoF's leader of the Old Sods Army.

COYW's do your bit.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Thanks Fernhurst.    082.gif

092.gif

SG

Us 6 decaders still sign up for more anguish and pain. We should know better by now. I can't see Cardiff failing to win but funnier things have happened on final days. I will shut myself away for a couple of hours emerging only when the games are over - just my way of dealing with the tension - it worked in the Great Escape season. If we have to go via the Play Offs again I am not sure I will make it to be a 7 decader.

bog

Based on history us 6 decaders can be optimistic can't we.....

filham

Yes, I have been through a number of these high tension periods starting in 1949 with a magnificent season end that took us into the top division for the first time  in our history.

For some reason this season seems more tense than all of the others and right now it looks more difficult to achieve success.

NogoodBoyo

I hope you young men won't think it too cringe-worthy of me to compliment you all on the most charming, lovable little thread I have read for a long time.
It makes one's eyes moisten inexplicably to see such long-standing stalwarts sweating over this wonderful season like thirty-somethings on the treadmill of life. 
I'm none too keen on the oft-abused advertising message which is bandied around American advertising messages like butt-butter in the Tour de France, but "you deserve" this season.  Even if it doesn't end up where we want it, it has been one hell of a ride!
Nogood "saluting the goldens and our season of seasons, isit" Boyo

bog

You shade me by a few years filham. What a time it must have been in 1949. Perhaps you saw Ronnie Rooke play? Perhaps through old age I find meself welling up when I hear or read all the plaudits on our style of play. I want to do some seriously offensive and tearful grand dad dancing come Sunday at about 2-30....

092.gif