News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why I'm not worried, come what may be...

Started by Jimpav, May 02, 2018, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Although not imposisble, automatic promtion is out of our hands.

As a fan it's disappointing, but  we should be taking great encouragement from our unbeaten run and the way Joka and his side have managed the pressure on their shoulders.

We have not had a Fulham side show this much courage and belief, since we ripped up the rule book and ran riot over Europe.

It would have been easy for us to collapse when we slipped up against Bristol, but no, we held onto the draw and continued our run.

Likewise, after being held by QPR, the players could have been forgiven for giving up, but no they picked themselves up and followed this up with back to back wins against Norwich and Leeds.

The last minute Brentford goal was a sickener, and the players could be forgiven for giving up, but 6 days later they turned over the leagues form side 3-0 away, in one of the leagues more hostile environments.

These are not the performmances of a side that has low expectations or that is prepared to give up easily. Joka and the team want promotion as much as us, if not more and they are not going to give up on this if Reading roll over on Sunday.

We have beaten all of the other play off contenders this year and are unbeaten this season and are unbeaten against Boro and Derby in both legs.

We have nothing to fear, We are Fulham.

COYW

Andy S

And if it all tips up we will still be playing back at the Cottage next season. Says a fan who was here during the very dark days

bobby01

As odd as it sounds, I have really enjoyed the championship
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Ged

Quote from: bobby01 on May 02, 2018, 06:10:38 PM
If we could keep this team and manager I would not be upset to be playing in the championship next season

YankeeJim

Quote from: Ged on May 02, 2018, 06:17:27 PM
If we could keep this team and manager I would not be upset to be playing in the championship next season

That's just it, if we don't go up, Slava, Mitro, TC and Sess and probably others are gone. We'd have to start over again. It took Khan how many trys to get a good manager? Would you want to wager that he'd pick another Slava, find replacements and keep the morale? Steep odds mate.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 02, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

That's just it, if we don't go up, Slava, Mitro, TC and Sess and probably others are gone. We'd have to start over again. It took Khan how many trys to get a good manager? Would you want to wager that he'd pick another Slava, find replacements and keep the morale? Steep odds mate.

Precisely but I agree with him that it's been a fun ride.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

love4ffc

what comes may come but we are still Fulham.  BELIEVE!   051
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HV71

So,so agree with this -,I just love the spirit and the football!!!

In Joka I trust

filham

Quote from: Holders on May 02, 2018, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on May 02, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

Precisely but I agree with him that it's been a fun ride.
Agree, we have done so well and yet after all of that  and a very good points tally we find ourselves reliant on a performance from Reading or three good performances, with no room for error, by ourselves against good teams in the play offs.
Failure to achieve now means a new rebuild that will be painful.

VicHalomsLovechild

Artful Dodger

If Cacrfif win Sunday, i I just hope the mental effort of such a long unbeaten run with no promotion to show for it doesn't cause us to crash out in the play offs. The OP is right about our mental toughness so far but missing out and then having 5 days to pick themselves up is a big ask. But in Joka we trust!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

JoelH5

Quote from: Artful Dodger on May 02, 2018, 09:18:53 PM
If Cacrfif win Sunday, i I just hope the mental effort of such a long unbeaten run with no promotion to show for it doesn't cause us to crash out in the play offs. The OP is right about our mental toughness so far but missing out and then having 5 days to pick themselves up is a big ask. But in Joka we trust!

If we didn't have the run I doubt we'd be in the playoffs either. So if we can win them we do have promotion to show for the unbeaten run. I'm already consigned to the play offs. We need to play our best team against Birmingham just in case but my main focus would be to ensure the team are rested and raring to go for the playoff games.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Andy S

History says that any team that is as far ahead as we are will win the play offs. Also we have shown that our team usually play better against the footballing teams. Should we end up in the play offs we are the team best equipped to win them