watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Since Peabody has been shirking his duties of late

Started by YankeeJim, May 02, 2018, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

An American soldier, serving in World War II had just returned from several weeks of battle on the German front lines.

The soldier had been granted rest and relaxation and was on a train that was bound for London.

The train was very crowded, so the soldier walked the length of the train in hopes of finding an empty seat.

The only empty seat was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged English lady and was being used by her little dog.

The weary soldier asked, "Please ma'am, may I sit in that seat?"

The English woman looked down her nose at the solider and sniffed then said, "You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see that my little pooch is using that seat?"

The soldier walked away, looking if there were any other unoccupied seats to use, but after another trip down to the end of the train, he found himself facing the woman with the dog again.

Again, the soldier asked, "Please lady. May I sit there? I'm very tired."

The English woman wrinkled her nose and snorted out loud, "You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also extremely arrogant!"

The soldier didn't say anything else; he leaned over, picked up the little dog and tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat.

The Woman, at a loss for words; shrieked, railed and demanded that someone defend her and chastise the soldier.

An English gentlemen sitting across the aisle spoke up and said, "You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand, you drive your autos on the wrong side of the road and now, sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window!."
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Very good.

Saw a funny car reg number last week. I was stopped at a roundabout waiting for the traffic to clear when a car didn't bother to signal, so I didn't pull out when I could have. I called him a few choice words then noticed his reg. nr.: P111 OOK (Pillook) Very apt, I thought.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

The Old Count

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Old Count on May 02, 2018, 10:10:39 PM
Not funny and not good on so many levels

Oh, don't be a grump. It plays to the stereotypes that we have of each other. You lot are "proper" and very good at a turn of words and we yanks are gruff and direct.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.