watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

REading are not good enough

Started by Andy S, May 03, 2018, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

After playing in the play offs last season Reading have proven this season that they aren't good enough. Relegation should see them at about the right level. Sadly they have no chance of beating Cardiff on Sunday so don't get your hopes up guys. Cardiff will lose on Sunday and unless they are very lucky they will be relegated. As we know the route back is long and hard. Good Luck anyway 

Lighthouse

Burton and Sunderland have been awful for most of the season. Both have beaten us. Our record against teams at the bottom are worse than our record with teams at the top. The big question is our result against an improving Birmingham side.

I don't expect Reading to do anything but be thrashed. Worry that we next season will do a Reading or more likely a Sheffield Wednesday is a real concern. But until the results are in we can't plan for anything. There was no way we would go to Man City away and win but we did. We certainly were never going to beat Juventus. But we did. Reading are not good enough. But a lucky draw for them and a win for us? I doubt it but hope will remain until the final whistles.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 03, 2018, 06:18:10 PM
Burton and Sunderland have been awful for most of the season. Both have beaten us. Our record against teams at the bottom are worse than our record with teams at the top. The big question is our result against an improving Birmingham side.

I don't expect Reading to do anything but be thrashed. Worry that we next season will do a Reading or more likely a Sheffield Wednesday is a real concern. But until the results are in we can't plan for anything. There was no way we would go to Man City away and win but we did. We certainly were never going to beat Juventus. But we did. Reading are not good enough. But a lucky draw for them and a win for us? I doubt it but hope will remain until the final whistles.
+1

Ged

Quote from: Andy S on May 03, 2018, 06:07:37 PM. Cardiff will lose on Sunday and unless they are very lucky they will be relegated. As we know the route back is long and hard. Good Luck anyway 
Not making much sense I don't think Cardiff will be relegated

General

Can reading score goals? Yes
Are Cardiff constantly winning and dominating teams? No.
Did Cardiff only muster 30% possession in their last match despite winning? Yes.

Cardiff are a solid team and yes I'm not expecting them to lose.. BUT, manager aside, they aren't a significantly different side to last season and have to win to guarantee safety.

Weirder things have happened, so to suggest it's a forgone conclusion as fact even though it does seem inevitable, is wrong.

General

Don't forget, we only need Cardiff not to win against a team that need to win to guarantee safety and better their result.

Stevieboy

The longer it's a draw the more desperate Cardiff will become and hopefully as at Derby leave some gaps at the back. No Gunnerson throw ins either.

Ged

Quote from: General on May 03, 2018, 07:00:44 PM
Don't forget, we only need Cardiff not to win against a team that need to win to guarantee safety and better their result.
Don't forget that Brum are in a worse position than Reading

Andy S

Reading still need to win to make sure but I don't think they have it in them

The Rock

REading.

Is this a post about reading books? That's the point right?

Marinelloguthrie

Do not expect reading to win but maybe just maybe they could sneak a draw.

We have got to just focus on winning which wont be easy, seems the crowd will be millwallish up for it but more of them which also means pressure for them as well.

Early goal is crucial for us it will silence the crowd and put alot of pressure on Cardiff.

We all sort of know this team can handle big games, we shouldnt forget that as we got closer to Cardiff we have had probably approx 15 must win games in a row out of the 23 unbeaten and we won 12 of them (i think) which is incredible especially under  that pressure every game.

Tbh im finding it almost impossible to enjoy at the moment especially for away games when your not seeing it unfold infront of your eyes because generally watching this team play they give you confidence that they will give everything to win and with style.

We shall see
coyw

love4ffc

The fact is in this league any team could beat pretty much any other team.  That is both the beauty and the curse of this league.  It's also what actually makes it more exciting in my mind then the premier league which can be all too predictable. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Twig

Can't see Cardiff getting relegated on Sunday but I can see them losing as you-appear to be predicting.

..FOF..

I find it funny that we demotivate Fulham's fans here....

.... then after the match complains why the fans are so quiet on the ground.

southwest6

this 'no chance' talk is frustrating to say the least.... unlikely? Certainly. Andy, were you at Man City when Fulham were all but relegated after going in at HT at 2-0 down? How about when Trezeguet opened the scoring at the Cottage? Most of us thought we had no chance. Football is a funny game - and despite being equally aware of how poor reading are, who's to say they have zero chance? Cardiff will be nervy, fans included. Of course i'm expecting Cardiff to get a result but **** me some of you are seriously negative... I'm admittedly more of a cynic than i am an optimist, however i'm not going to claim a truth-statement on an event I have zero control over!

It will MOST LIKELY be play offs and I hope everyone won't be too demoralised if that is our fate come sunday afternoon. Been a tremendous season where the players will need us more than ever IF we do end up in the play offs. Roll on sunday

Before any sensitive souls (seem to a be few on here) get offended i'd like to say that of course you're allowed to have an opinion but often it's handy to leave the emotions out of the picture when formulating one!

hovewhite

90 odd minutes a match and anything can happen that's why I pay my money.coyw

toshes mate

If football was solely conducted by looking at history then it would never have been born.  The fact is it was born and for some, out of the many, who started well there came extinction.  For some, out of the many, who started poorly there came success on a strangely disparate scale.  All success, failure and indifference is transient.  You win the league on Sunday, and from the first game in the new season you start to realise how transient everything is, and, just like human nature, perspectives and expectations change from highs to lows.  This also happens in the microcosm with every game when some players instinctively feel 'it isn't or is my day', but experience tells them (hopefully) that everything is transient even feelings and, if you put your mind to it, you can make a difference.

The games on Sunday will all be determined by players who feel they can make a difference.  I rather doubt any professional footballer gets places without having, at some stage in their career, that feeling that they can make a difference.  I'd like to think FFC supporters feel the same way too since we are blessed - at this moment in time - with an inspirational team that will battle for as long as is necessary to make a difference.  And that, at the end of the day, is all you can do.       

Fulham 442

The fact is in this league any team could beat pretty much any other team.  That is both the beauty and the curse of this league.  It's also what actually makes it more exciting in my mind then the premier league which can be all too predictable.

Very true.  Games aren't played on paper.  Anything could happen on Sunday.  Our players will know they have to go out and win and that is what they will try and do.  As Joca says whatever Cardiff do or don't do isn't under his control.

Lighthouse

Quote from: southwest6 on May 04, 2018, 06:04:05 AM
this 'no chance' talk is frustrating to say the least.... unlikely? Certainly. Andy, were you at Man City when Fulham were all but relegated after going in at HT at 2-0 down? How about when Trezeguet opened the scoring at the Cottage? Most of us thought we had no chance. Football is a funny game - and despite being equally aware of how poor reading are, who's to say they have zero chance? Cardiff will be nervy, fans included. Of course i'm expecting Cardiff to get a result but **** me some of you are seriously negative... I'm admittedly more of a cynic than i am an optimist, however i'm not going to claim a truth-statement on an event I have zero control over!

It will MOST LIKELY be play offs and I hope everyone won't be too demoralised if that is our fate come sunday afternoon. Been a tremendous season where the players will need us more than ever IF we do end up in the play offs. Roll on sunday

Before any sensitive souls (seem to a be few on here) get offended i'd like to say that of course you're allowed to have an opinion but often it's handy to leave the emotions out of the picture when formulating one!

So you suggest a football fan should leave  emotions out of any opinion they may have or communicate? That would make this last week terribly dull and boring. Emotion and fear as well as this rather scary positive attitude some fans always claim to have. Is what makes football. It is like watching a scary film. It is like living a life. If you think all will be well half your enjoyment is gone. Without fear, where is the joy of the shock ending. Still I guess we will have to get used to this no emotion rubbish when the AutoFulham Fan 2000 comes into production. Meanwhile leave the human being to have emotions, get scared, shout in an empty room while listening to the score. Get up with strangers and leap about or sob like a little girl who has lost her kitten. Football is emotion. I can still remember my emotions when we drew with Lincoln to go up. I can still remember much of the game. But take away emotion and what would I remember? If that is being too sensitive then so be it. It is after all an emotion. Football fans have them. We should all enjoy the collective mixed emotions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCFOREVER

We all know anything can happen.Its all about who turns up on the day.With so much riding on promotion and relegation there will be nerves aplenty so lets just see how it all pans out.