watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best league bar none

Started by Favershampaul, May 04, 2018, 08:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favershampaul

This league is amazing so many permutations going into the last day. All the clubs fans should be saluted great passion , big crowds great traveling support.
It's all to play for and that's what's so intriguing it's a great watch. Any of you who were suggesting resting players in the last few weeks don't get it. It's about determination and guts . Different styles of play some more direct than others, Colin's Cardiff have earned the right to be where they are
So have we. If things go our way I'll be over the moon if it doesn't I'll still be optimistic. As a fan isn't that what it's all about . Last game and still interesting and if that doesn't go our way we then get a shot at playing at Wembley.
Great credit to all in the championship you have delivered a great competition, the premiership is the holy grail but and here's the rub does it give you the thrills and excitement. I've loved this season and it's not over yet

The Old Count

If they could raise the standard of referees and provide a bit more protection from thug tactics against more skillful players then it would be a great league.  As it stands I can't wait for us to get out of it.

Favershampaul

I agree with you the refs are bang average. Players are given licence to take the piss. But you can't deny it's exciting.

hovewhite

The championship is a brilliant league,going away with Fulham home fans are all friendly and welcoming.

Jonaldiniho 88

Don't really want to be promoted. I mean I do but I don't. There would be nothing to aim for if that wasn't the end game. I prefer watching us in the championship, much fairer ffp, more games, cheaper tickets and you are almost certain to get one. For the club promotion would be great, we may keep the squad and manager and worst case we get relegated but get parachute payments. Wouldn't mind doing the yo-yo unless we can establish ourselves quickly as mid table in the prem.

Sherlock

Have to agree. Obviously I want us to get promoted but there are a lot of good things about being in the Championship. Each new season it's very hard to predict who'll be challenging at the top and also who will be near the bottom, there's an honesty and fun to it that I don't see in the PL. The sad thing about the PL is that the top 6 clubs seem almost impenetrable - over time that Leicester title-winning season just becomes even more remarkable.

If we do go up this season I think we will actually be in a very strong position to stay there for the foreseeable future. There's a lot of dross in the bottom half of the PL and we've got a solid foundation to our club on and off the pitch. However, if we are in the PL next season I will not fear/dread relegation like I did a few years back.

SuffolkWhite

Loved the Championship and agree with the above that it's an entertaining league. And tickets are cheaper and you can get seats easier.

But, we do need to go up purely for the financial reasons.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Southdowns White

I've got to say, I do enjoy the championship and the drama involved throughout the season. I often find the Premiership sterile by comparison, most of the entertainment comes from those teams struggling near the bottom of the table. Another good thing in the Championship you get less of the ridiculous media worshiping of certain clubs at the top, Clubs with an endless budget who quite often are mediocre but when one of their players scores a goal it is world class according to the commentators. One bad element in the Championship is the way Sky now dictate when the teams near the top play as they become deemed financially worth screening, great for those who cannot go but terrible for anyone trying to book travel, match and hotel tickets in advance. In my view TV football will eventually end football as we have traditionally know it and has done very little to enhance the game for us the paying supporter.     

Andy S

Completely agree with the above with regards to watching the game but the money is in the Premier league and that is where we need to be. You have to take your chance when it comes as there is no saying when it will come again

Milo

Wolves and ourselves would be top 10 in PL next season. Such are the blurred lines between bottom half of Prem and top 6 Championship.

King_Crud

I want us to get promoted but not go up, the championship is so much more enjoyable than the PL

BedsFFC

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 04, 2018, 09:55:00 AM
Don't really want to be promoted. I mean I do but I don't. There would be nothing to aim for if that wasn't the end game. I prefer watching us in the championship, much fairer ffp, more games, cheaper tickets and you are almost certain to get one. For the club promotion would be great, we may keep the squad and manager and worst case we get relegated but get parachute payments. Wouldn't mind doing the yo-yo unless we can establish ourselves quickly as mid table in the prem.
I know where you are coming from. I know we have many fans that question our Chairman but I think if we were to reach the premiership, he would not accept being a team that fights with relegation. Making FFC a decent force in the premiership would provide associated benefits for his "brand". He has the money to make that happen.

We could become the Man united of the south.