more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Cardiff going into this weekend

Started by terryr, May 04, 2018, 08:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Scenario Sunday

" Just for once in my City life can this please happen..
The sun shines all day. TICK
We score 2 early goals after a barnstorming start.
Brum go 1 up before halftime.
In the second half we increase the lead and Reading have a defender sent off for 2 bookings on a rejuvenated Junior..NML ripping their defence apart.
Reading not even having 1 shot on target.
The whole crowd is in party mood from start to end.
Everyone on the pitch celebrating as the players and Warnock appear in the Tan section of the Grandstand.
If Carlsberg did dreams"

" So let it be written.
So let it be done. "

" yes, but we are Cardiff...."

" Just for once"

" add to it a 2nd for Brum in the 2nd min of the 2nd 1/2 and we have a party"
Fulham Traveller says:
" Don't like your scenario
My one would be Fulham go two up at half time
Sol Bamba gets sent off blatant hand ball and reading are winning 1-0 with 10 mins to go,
Now that's exciting, we don't want it to be a damp squid do we ?"

" F*ck yes, a damp squib would do me and my heart the world of good.
One thing is for sure, one or other of the sets of fans will be sorely p*ssed off with the pay-off rules on Sunday afternoon."

" This thread on the Royals' forum suggests it'll be Fulham.
http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewt...p?f=1&t=150834"

" Derby fans were just as confident about losing to us. Even more so when rowett picked the team and they were fuming."

" IF we're winning comfortably (just to play along with the thread, I think it will be a tight affair in both games) it won't be a damp squib for me, I'll party all game and enjoy watching my daughter have a great time, nothing better than experiencing a season like this with your kids."

" The point is i don't want exciting..for once in my 50 years of watching the Bluebirds I'd like a stress free climax..and unfortunately for you FT..you know that would mean.
I haven't got a Play-off in me"

" We don't really want to win promotion by Fulham failing to win. We want to do it the right way with a good victory in front of a sell out crowd. We'll be looking back on this day as one of the best."

" The last thing I want on Sunday is thrills and spills. I want us to nick a couple of early goals while Fulham have a hard time against Birmingham."

" I'd be happy to lose 17-0 if Fulham lose 1-0"

" All this talk about City being nervous got me thinking about Fulham. For the first time they are under real pressure knowing it is out of their hands. Their form has not been what it was so I wonder if Brum will be their Waterloo?"

" Said for ages they will lose this game."

" Their danger( should they only make the play off's) will be maintain Ning momentum.
Yes they would be the best team in the play off four, but the disappointment of not getting automatic could easily see them not reach the play off final ?"

" That would be absolutely disastrous"

" I think they will steam roller Brum.
They haven't really got any pressure because they know they are in the play-off really unless we mess up.
The play-offs though - that will be a different kettle of fish - knowing they have to win and its a poo or bust scenario maybe different.
They are they only ones from the play-offs last year..."

" Perhaps they'll field their reserves to keep their first team fresh for the playoffs."

" I admire your optimism Eric, but somehow I think they will smash Brum by 3 or 4. Ive gone past thinking about 'what ifs' - we just need to win the game at any cost, by doing whatever it takes"

" I know you're joking here but I'd be surprised if everyone at Fulham hadn't considered this possibility. I'm sure we're all ready for something to go wrong on Sunday but Fulham must see it as a foregone conclusion, we haven't dropped a point, home or away, against a bottom half team for three months and Reading are on a poor run. Fulham must be thinking they've got three massive games to come, do they really want to risk injuries or 'waste' a brilliant performance on Sunday when it's going to be in vain anyway?
I know you like your darts, I'm assuming Fulham see it that they're on 351 while we're sitting on a double. Do they really want to throw a 180 now when it would be much more useful to start the next leg with it?
That's probably all a complete load of bollocks, just trying to feel a bit better about Sunday. For now it feels like I've got a dentist's appointment on Sunday rather than a City game."

" I don't see them losing at all.
23 matches unbeaten.
Rarely during this time have anyone done us any favours, Brentford and qpr most notable.
Its the final day they will be feeling pressure also but I can't see Birmingham doing us any and so as we have known since Derby, we have to win this match."

" The pressure is on City."

" Compared with us Fulham have nothing to lose. They are third so the pressure must be on us as we have to win. Even if they win promotion is not a guarantee."

" But they have to win just to give themselves a chance. We're both under similar pressure."

" I think it will all end in tears for Fulham.
Consigned to the play-offs and losing to 'Boro."

" Yep that's the way I see it too, and then losing Sessingon and Cairney in the summer."

" All because of a rash :005:"

" The Cottagers cant keep cheating death forever. The great footballing Grim Reaper, also know as Stuart Attwell, will be waiting for them at St Andrews this Sunday. The man in black will make sure they finally meet their maker this weekend. Dont you worry about that. It'll be like that scene at the end of the movie Final Destination, only with less lightning bolts and more red cards and phantom goals.
"Early bath for you Mr Mitrovic".
"And you Mr Cairney"
"Since i'm in generous mood today, you can have one too Mr Sessengnon"
"Oh hang on a minute is that a goal for Birmingham? I think so. Close enough".
Relax, we've got this."

" I could be wrong but had assumed if we lost and they drew they would go up on goal difference meaning they don't have to win."

" Of course, but they're not going to gamble on that, which is why they need to go out and win."

" Correct. They simply have to do better than us. A draw could be enough for them."

" I think the responses to my original question have confirmed pretty well what I was thinking, in that Fulham are under pressure, and IMO, more than City. It will be interesting (understatement ) to see how they react Sunday. Would not be surprised to see a draw v Brum. Hopefully we can at least match that."

" They'll win; I am sure of it.
However it would be just if they got the wrong end of a few refereeing decisions.
As said above by people, its up to City to deal with so whatever happens at St Andrews become irrelevant."

"I'm not buying Fulham have nothing to lose. Come on they have promotion to lose and it's going to be unbearable for them, given how important our score is to them. That's going to bring the kind of mental torture that we won't have from kick off. Get our there and smash Reading with a strong determined performance.
When managers say things like "it's theirs to lose" it's bollox. Fulham will be thinking positive and expecting to get promoted, because if they have any doubts the manager wouldn't pick them. "

" Fulham will react by winning their game and hoping for their best."

" I think the pressure is all on us, we are the ones with the chance to bottle it, Fulham just have an outside chance and no pressure."

" The players will have a different mindset to the fans. I think as a player you have to back yourself and keep believing that it's going to go your way. Fans have their superstitions and memories of failure and will obviously have their doubts. I think your players will put in 100% on Sunday but it probably won't be your normal performance. Whichever of us ends up in the playoffs it's going to be tough to forget losing out on automatic. Oh and this division is MENTAL and anything could happen."

" They may be under pressure not to go to the play-offs but its not in their gift to get automatic. If we win they can win 20 - 0 and it won't make any difference.
We can give it to them, but they cannot take it!!"

Fulham traveller says

" Basically we are doomed, if we get to the play offs and as expected get beat, out team will dismantle and all,our star players will leave including our manager, we will do well to stay up. This is a big big 2 weeks in our history"

" Previous Fulham promotion drama: https://amp.theguardian.com/football...mpression=true"

" Fulham Traveller says"

"I was at that game, this brings anger to me, I fuvking hate derby, hope we beat them in the play offs, Sunday's feels like 1983 all over again, we had to beat Leicester s result, they drew 0-0 at home to burnley, we lost to derby, well we never played a full game, I went back to derby 5 years later with Swindon, seeking some revenge, football fans have long memories "

" Test hit a nerve with older Fulham fans"

"  can't remember that occasion, but reading that article has made me angry for you. That is basically complete cowardice on behalf of the League, and allowing Derby to get away with it is astonishing! I hadn't realised they'd got previous for acting like that before this season and snowgate." :protest card:

" The real pressure will come if we score first.
The fans at there game will react with Brum fans taking the piss and Fulham fans going nervously quiet, this could easily be picked up by the players and affect what goes on on the pitch.
On the other hand, if we convede then it could go the other way, or if they score first the pressure is right back in us.
What will be will be, but after listening to many veterans of the Leeds FA Cup win last night, we as fans can play our part by getting to the ground early and making an atmosphere and by staying with the side if things don't go to plan early on.
You may be surprised at how much difference we can make to the players mentality"

" So true. We've got to make massive noise, just like at Hull but multiplied by 10. Be positive and Reading will be the ones feeling the pressure of every mistake."

" We all hate DERBY"

" So at least nearly all Cardiff fans will be cheering on Fulham against derby ? "

" Not so much cheering on you lot

More like booing the 'others'"

" They were lucky a f**k to beat Sunderland - deffo penalty not awarded (then they scored down the other end) and an offside winner...maybe their luck will run out"

"  had a dream the other night...We win 1-0. Madine (69 mins). A toe poke into the top centre of the goal. Strangely, all tbe Reading players looked like Leeds. All in white. Maybe they were Jacks in disguise. As for what happened in the last 21 mins or so....no idea. Woke up. But...if we are 1-0 up. No double substitution. Keep possession. Get the ball in the corner. Go for corners taken short. Run the clock down. Frustrate Reading at all opportunities. Row Z when needed. Take a yellow for the lads if Reading look like equalising. Then get Morrison up front"

" I  dreamt Reading went 1-0 up early on. Then, I looked at their recent records and decided that dreams have no meaning whatsoever."

"  I can guarantee if we are a goal up with 10 mins to go we will sit back and invite pressure."

I hope we don't start singing this on Sunday......

Hope the Canton don't start singing this, as it might instil a bit of grit into the Reading players.
"Down with the Mackem's,you're going down with the Mackem's"
Please, please NO."

" I remember us singing "We'll Never Play You Again" to a few times in the first couple of seasons after promotion to this level. Burnley were one such team....."

" No anti reading songs
No anti Swansea songs
No blues are going up unless it's certain
Pure pro Cardiff songs please"

" I remember us singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to Roy Keane when we went 1-0 against Ipswich. Then he brought Jon Stead on   :023:"

" Jokanovic named manager of the month
Curse curse curse"

" And mitrovic playerof the month again"

" If we'd had a Mitrovic or Grabban signing in January we'd have been up weeks ago. Maybe even as Champions"

" I haven't seen a more nailed on home win in this league all season.

Since Clement (another over hyped manager - this will be his last job in the top 2 divisions) arrived, they have

P 7
W 2
D 1
L 4

Scored 4
Conceded 14

Most of the players there know they are on the way out - risk injury now? No chance.

Reading will NOT score Sunday.

The question is, will Cardiff? If Fulham take the lead before Cardiff do, will that distract Cardiff? It is this element that brings some unpredictability to proceedings. I risked a tenner on Fulham to go up at 4/1 - just because football is capable of throwing a scenario together like Fulham bettering Cardiff's result.

However, looking at the cold, hard facts - there is absolutely no way that Reading will be able to lift themselves for this one. Uninspiring manager (have you heard him speak?), players on the way out, beach holidays booked. A few players may be hell bent on spoiling the party, but not enough. Reading are where they are for a good reason - they are poo. Cardiff are where they are for a good reason - Warnock.
This will be done and dusted by 1pm. Cardiff to win by 4 (providing they score before Fulham do). If Fulham are winning in Birmingham, and Cardiff are drawing then I still think Cardiff have the experience to win through in a more nervy 2-0 victory."

" Why does this sound like a very desperate wish list?

We are all aware of the potential disappointment that awaits us on Sunday. Would we have turned our noses up at this secenario at the start of the season?
Any true City fan would have bitten your hand off for this final one off opportunity.
Am I nervous about Sunday? Absolutely, what real fan of the beautiful and frustrating game wouldn't be!
Am I optimistic about our chances of being promoted? Of course I am! It will be one of the most fulfilling days of my life, I enjoy the reflected glory, the pride in my club, the wonderment at what Warnock and the players might achieve.
That is because I am a fan, eternally optimistic and truly grateful that I support my local team!
Are you such a fan?"

" Does anyone think our boys won't be playing out of their socks tomorrow...
Rest assured they'll have learned from their success throughout this season that they have to be on message with the manager's game plan to win this game which is what the whole season comes down to.
They are more than likely to just steamroller Reading with enthusiasm, energy and pace.
And no-one's mentioned the other great incentive - MONEY!
Most of those taking the field tomorrow have upwards of 30 games to their name. I can't recall what proportion of the reported 10 million bonus but wasn't it about 8K per appearance?
Do the maths, they'll all be 110% determined.
Go and get it, lads!"

" I am sure they will all endeavour to do so. However, they are only human and I dare say it is only natural that they will all be affected by nerves one way or another as this game should we get the result has the potential to be career changing for most of our squad. We as fans have a massive part to play in terms of patience and support."

" Even if we lose and Fulham get a point or 3, we still finish 3rd. Surely most supporters would taken that before the beginning of the season? So you see nothing to worry about, all is positive."

" Why are so many fans starting threads about other fans being worried ?
Are they worried themselves, so asking others so they can relieve the worry inside them. ?
This is the umpteeth thread about worry, what are you worried about"

" 've tried to explain this a few times and confused myself everytime. So, I'm going to try again but with the added shock factor of collusion between Cardiff and Reading (Not really).

So here it goes. Basically All Cardiff & Reading have to do is match the result of the other game.

- Cardiff & Fulham win suits Cardiff & Reading.
- Reading & Birmingham win suits Cardiff & Reading.
- Two draws suits Cardiff & Reading.
All the above suits Cardiff & Reading. Especially if Burton and Barnsley are doing the business."

" I actually believe Fulham will only draw away at Brum "

" It's a win for us all day long.

We have to only match Fulham and Reading only have to match Birmingham.
This helps with the amount of effort put in by Reading.
Birmingham losing means Reading can relax. Birmingham winning means WE can relax. May not seem like it but that's a win / win for us.
It doesn't work the other way Reading losing means Birmingham STILL cannot relax. Reading winning means Fulham STILL cannot relax because Birmingham will also need to win.
Both Birmingham and Reading can relax if Burton, Bolton and Barnsley are not winning."

" Fulham will batter Birmingham for 90 minutes but we will also batter Reading.....Game over"

" I honestly believe that Fulham run will come to an end Sunday, don't get me wrong it's been a fantastic achievement but just think they'll be too concerned about other results and an early goal will heap even more pressure on them.
Then they'll win play-offs."

" I honestly don't see Fulham not winning this. We all held the belief that Millwall who were the form team at the time would end their run, but we know how that turned out. We saw the way Sunderland should really have beaten them, but we know how that turned out too. No I'm afraid we have to WIN on Sunday. No ifs or buts. It's too late for us to get another go at it, (i.e. Derby). We simply have to win and we can do it, but we don't need any distractions on how other sides are doing on Sunday. We must do it on our own. No one is going to help us over the line. That must be our mentality. WIN WIN WIN WIN!"

" In a way it would be amazing if both Cardiff and Fulham won. To think 3rd place finishes on 91points and don't get promoted?

I don't know for sure if that has happened before but it would prove what an amazing competitive league the Championship has been this season."

" Our form against reading
1 win in last 6 games against the royals. But our home form in the last 6 games this season we have got 5 wins and 1 defeat against wolves. However the royals have 1 point from last 6 away games this season. So a huge contrast in current form bit as I keep saying it's the championship and anything can happen."

" Warnock is a winner
He wears a winners hat
And when he picks his city team
He says I fancy that
He's going for promotion
He's gonna make it eight
He's gonna show the football world
The Warnock way is great.

Cmon you bluebirds"