watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham 10K

Started by peaty, May 05, 2018, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peaty

Could get interesting for anyone (like me!) arriving at Birmingham New Street by train and continuing on foot to St Andrews tomorrow. If you're planning on doing the west-east 30 min walk to St Andrews, it looks like the Brum 10K is going to cut right across your route.

7,000 runners & big crowds: the roads close btw 4am and 9.30... and the earliest any re-open is 1pm.

It looks to me like there are 3 options:

(a) taxi, going north or south (going in a big old circle to the north or south, then out to St Andrews)

(b) walk (or run) the same route

(c) Catch a local train from Brum New Street to Moor St and then maybe change on to a train to Bordeseley (close to ground...)

Dunno if anyone else has seen this and has any ideas. Just spotted it tonight and thought I'd mention it: I can see a few lads being trapped in the Spoons on the wrong side of the 10K and being late for kick off...  :wine: 094.gif

lukeahar

I'll be getting the train, the route couldn't look any more inconvenient. I saw this in the offal:

"The Club has been advised that fans walking to the ground from Birmingham New Street will be unaffected if they take the most direct route down Digbeth High Street."
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/may/05/birmingham-city-in-focus

I'm assuming that means there may be some managed crossing at Digbeth. There will be far to many people wanting to cross it seems like very poor planning if there isn't.
@lukeahar

peaty

As far as I can tell, Digbeth High Street... is on the other side of the 10K run from New St. Can't see how to get there unless there's a subway/underpass or as you say, a crossing of some kind. Maybe there is if FFC say there is. Hard to tell. The local info on council/10K site is p***poor...