https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Blew It I'm Afraid.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 06, 2018, 02:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 06, 2018, 03:17:53 PM
Defeatism is stupid. Get fired up.

I got fired up for a week telling all Reading would do us a favour,I was confident today...
Never got us anywhere.😂😂😂

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Rambler on May 06, 2018, 03:03:53 PM
If we don't go up it'll be worth doing a bit of a clear out. The stink from two failed playoffs will remain with the players and I fear they'll always be mentally friable

I don't think we will have much of a choice in the matter if we're not promoted. The loan players will return to their clubs. Sessegnon, Cairney and Fredericks will most likely be gone. Some of the other players, like Cisse, Djalo, Kebano will probably leave too. Not much left... Lets hope we get at least some decent transfer fees. If we're not promoted we will probably have to completely rebuild the squad and there's no more parachute payments. Might take a season or two before we have a top6 squad again.

We can still do it though. We have played some excellent football these last two seasons. I haven't enjoyed watching FFC this much since Tigana. But the players look tired and the apparent lack of mental strength under pressure is a cause for concern before the playoffs.

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 06, 2018, 03:20:31 PM
Look the fact is we have struggled all season with teams at the foot of the table. We have lost to Sunderland and Burton. Always much more secure against the better sides. But it was always a gamble to play players carrying injuries. I already stated what I would have done and rested a few ready for the play offs. But with Cardiff only drawing the critics would still have got their knives out. We haven't been playing great in the last few games and are hitting the play offs not in the greatest of form. Derby have found a bit of form.

However 23 games unbeaten means we made a right hash of things earlier in the season. We didn't fail to win promotion today. We failed in all our form before Christmas.

Such a key point - we turn up for the big games, always have. We drop the ones against bottom sides. Always have. So Fulhamish to make it difficult for ourselves. Birmingham, Burton, Sunderland away all losses. We have a second chance via the playoffs, and I still think we are the best team in the league. On to the lottery.

_Putney_

Cairney was more interested in rolling up his shorts like Alexi Sanchez than acting as a captain...

southwest6

Quote from: Rambler on May 06, 2018, 03:03:53 PM
If we don't go up it'll be worth doing a bit of a clear out. The stink from two failed playoffs will remain with the players and I fear they'll always be mentally friable

most if not all will be gone either way (including Joka). This is why it's so important for us to not mess this up... would be disastrous to see joka leave

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 06, 2018, 03:31:48 PM
Cairney was more interested in rolling up his shorts like Alexi Sanchez than acting as a captain...

More important, maybe he should have kept his gob shut midweek about players leaving.