watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Blew It I'm Afraid.

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 06, 2018, 02:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I did state last week that Reading would get something at Cardiff...So really we blew it.

MaidenheadMick

Andyb

Such a poor performance, no ambition shown

Ordar

Turned up with totally the wrong attitude. Defending was abysmal especially Odoi for the third goal. Targett should obviously not have been playing. I don't know what Joka was thinking.

The mentality is going to have to dramatically improve for us to even get past Boro.

All the talk during the week about our players all leaving if we don't come up wasn't helpful

Pud

Yup. Had we won but still ended up in the playoffs then I'd have some confidence going into them, however, I've no confidence at all now.

Jem

The boys obviously fancied playing at Wembley
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Mince n Tatties

No chance Derby now on a high,will stuff us out of sight...Some of our players last few games even against Sunderland look like season has caught up with them,so hope they prove me wrong.

Mince n Tatties

Piazon misses that sitter early on,and Cairney who should have scored on half time,go in 2-1 down might have been different.

southwest6

cairney showed no spirit. looked completely disinterested... tim ream the only good performer

i'm confident we can beat derby despite that shocking performance. Derby aren't a great side and are incredibly inconsistent. not so sure at wembley however

S.F.Sorrow

KMac and Ream were ok. The rest were very, very poor. Especially Cairney. Not a performance worthy of a captain in a HUGE game like this. I still think we can beat Derby in the playoffs but not so sure about Villa/Boro in a final. Not after this complete breakdown under pressure.

filham

Were all of our players fully fit, certainly sounded as though Targett had not recovered from last week.

Will we now be able to get the players fit and in a good state of mind for Friday. Afraid it is begining to look like yet another play off flop for Fulham.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Andyb on May 06, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
Such a poor performance, no ambition shown

"Fatigue will make cowards of us all".

I do not want to single out players, but there were a few who did not turn up at all today. My hope is its a result of the run in, not the pressure causing some to crack. A few guys have been starting to show some wear over the past 2-3 matches, but I imagine Slavisa had been hesitant to change a winning side. The performance today will hopefully get Slavisa to consider 2 or 3 changes for Derby away.

049:gif

General

Disappointing. Can only wonder what happens next. Gutted as had we won, we'd be up. The players look exhausted.

Milo

Cairney and StefJo were both poor today. Both needed too much time on the ball and kept getting caught.

Targett just didn't turn up. Had one great pass early on then looked out of position for at least the first. Free man at the back post completely unmarked. The second was tough because Odoi and Targett both stuck with their men initially and it was mainly good movement by the Brum strikers that made the goal.

Odoi played well throughout for me and the damage was done by that 3rd goal. Was arbitrary in the end anyway as Reading didn't score. He keeps his place for me despite calls for the opposite on the match thread.

Mitro tried his best today but they defended against him well. He wasn't able to roll off their defenders and they stuck close to him.. always seeming to get a foot in to poke it clear.

Sess looked bright and certainly tried to go the extra mile with his work rate... but he was often up against 2-3 defenders and didn't stand much chance. I wonder if this was related to Targett being unable to provide support due to fitness.

Freds had lots of space to work with early in the second half and an early goal from him capitalising on just one of those chances would've turned the game. But he just kept getting it stuck under his feet.. just never happened.

All in all a lot of 6/10s by our team today, and our two central playmakers were 5s. Just never got going... never built a period of pressure for 10 minutes or more like we normally do.. didn't make Birmingham chase shadows or control the game like we needed to today in the heat.

Rambler

If we don't go up it'll be worth doing a bit of a clear out. The stink from two failed playoffs will remain with the players and I fear they'll always be mentally friable

grandad

We are in a similar position as last seasons play offs.Totally physically & mentally exhausted.
Against Derby we need to go 3-5-2.

Betts

Odoi              Kalas          Ream

Fredericks     Cairney     McDonald   Johansen   Sess

AK47                  Mitrovic
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

Quote from: Rambler on May 06, 2018, 03:03:53 PM
If we don't go up it'll be worth doing a bit of a clear out. The stink from two failed playoffs will remain with the players and I fear they'll always be mentally friable

Be careful what you wish for .......

Lyle from Hangeland

Defeatism is stupid. Get fired up.

Lighthouse

Look the fact is we have struggled all season with teams at the foot of the table. We have lost to Sunderland and Burton. Always much more secure against the better sides. But it was always a gamble to play players carrying injuries. I already stated what I would have done and rested a few ready for the play offs. But with Cardiff only drawing the critics would still have got their knives out. We haven't been playing great in the last few games and are hitting the play offs not in the greatest of form. Derby have found a bit of form.

However 23 games unbeaten means we made a right hash of things earlier in the season. We didn't fail to win promotion today. We failed in all our form before Christmas.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jonaldiniho 88

Three wins and we are up. We are so unused to losing it's very hard to take. BUT let's sulk when it's all over. It is all still very much to play for. The players deserve our support until the end. I'm gutted that a win today would've seen us up, but let's not cry about it just yet. COYW