watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Heads Up, Chins Up

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 06, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Fulham lost away to a pretty 'big' championship team who were still playing for their league survival and needed to win.

Cardiff drew at home 0-0 to one of the worst forms teams, with nothing to play for.

Fulham have still had an amazing 3/4 of a season.

We can reflect and learn and grow from this loss, re-garner ourselves beat Derby and then get set for a Huge Wembley day, and a glorious promotion.

Hup Hup !!!!

HV71

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 06, 2018, 02:40:38 PM
Fulham lost away to a pretty 'big' championship team who were still playing for their league survival and needed to win.

Cardiff drew at home 0-0 to one of the worst forms teams, with nothing to play for.

Fulham have still had an amazing 3/4 of a season.

We can reflect and learn and grow from this loss, re-garner ourselves beat Derby and then get set for a Huge Wembley day, and a glorious promotion.

Hup Hup !!!!

Well said.

I fully understand people's frustrations and I too feel sick but the negativity on the forum already is very very sad . We have lost once in 24 ( and okay when it mattered )  however there have been  umpteen posts on here since the run began that our mentality has improved so much So please everyone get a grip and get behind the lads COYW!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

It was the manner of the defeat, which cannot be overlooked. That soft underbelly reared it's ugly head again, and it will continue to happen if there is a weak mentality among the ranks, and there were very few warriors out there today.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2018, 03:05:26 PM
It was the manner of the defeat, which cannot be overlooked. That soft underbelly reared it's ugly head again, and it will continue to happen if there is a weak mentality among the ranks, and there were very few warriors out there today.

I really do get what you are saying Woolly and suspect you are right. However - everyone is saying how the players bottled it but at the first defeat in half a seaso the fans are doing the same . We need to stand together and get behind the team

I still believe !!

Lyle from Hangeland

Yep, have a winner's mentality.

FFCFOREVER

Give the captaincy to Kmac.I love Cairney but he aint no captain.We really needed a leader today to try and keep the players heads straight.We are still in control of our destiny like Derby are theirs.COYW

e4b

Think Kmac is the captain on the pitch already. TC is the club captain there is a difference

Lighthouse

The problem with the average fan is he expects his side to do well. For 24 matches I have been saying that this is the one we will lose. Today I was right but the previous 23 matches woefully wrong. Yes the failure to win would have been frustrating if it wasn't for the fact we never actually turned up today. Reasons for that will no doubt be debated and argued over. But our wonderful run has brought us to the play offs. We have never actually won a play off game. So here is hoping.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: e4b on May 06, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
Think Kmac is the captain on the pitch already. TC is the club captain there is a difference
No you are wrong.Cairney is the captain on the pitch and club captain.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 06, 2018, 03:40:55 PM
Quote from: e4b on May 06, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
No you are wrong.Cairney is the captain on the pitch and club captain.

In the days of Roger Brown he was always club captain but Lewington did all the talking on the pitch. Carney and Mac seem to be the leaders on the pitch today. But Cairney is really more of a pretty boy who represents the club. Mac appears to be the real leader on the pitch. But whoever is captain doesn't change the result.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Plodder

Today was without doubt a poor performance, but there has been an over reaction (understandable, in the context) of negativity. I think that well as the team has played since January, some supporters and commentators went over the top about us being by far and away the best team in the division, and on the back of a fantastic run, it was assumed we should never lose another game.  As Sunderland showed against Wolves today, no one is unbeatable, and no game is easy, which only shows how much praise is due to the team for the second half of the season.  However, in the playoffs, there are four good quality teams in my view - we are neither favourites nor underdogs, and it would be unwise to carry on thinking that we are considerably superior to the others.  I shall be glued to the screen on Friday and (if I can get a ticket) getting behind the team on Monday at Craven Cottage.

SP

Love the Championship.  Derby, who conceded 4 (I think?) at home to Sunderland recently are now world beaters with a striker in Vydra who will terrorise our porous defence...

I hope the players have got more bottle than some of our fans.