watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did we 'Bottle-it'??

Started by Fulham Tup North, May 06, 2018, 03:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:dead horse:  We spent all week debating whether or not Reading could do us a favour, and never dreamt that it would be Fulham themselves who blew-it!
The one game where we needed to get a result and 11 players had a shocker!
Derby will be hard work, but to think a win today and we would be back in the Prem!😭
Did the occasion get to the team?
Even after the half-time talk it did not help. Very lack lustre, almost lethargic the whole match.
Was this our chance??
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

mcbride5912

Maybe we bottled the game but to even get in the Position to bottle the game we did fantastically and perhaps over achieved even a month ago I wouldn't of thought we would get this close

Lighthouse

Well we lost it at Sunderland and Burton and Birmingham.  Conceding a late goal at home to Brentford. We didn't lose anything today other than our first match in 24 or whatever it is. It may well have been our chance. But debating the one game in a long season doesn't tell us the whole story. We failed to turn up too many times before Christmas. The good January window made a difference. But Mitro only came in in the last minutes of that window and he turned our season.

We bottled nothing today but looked what we are. A tired team with players carrying injuries. The play offs are a lottery and who knows what will happen. But the fact is we failed to go up over a season not just today and we have reached the play offs thanks to a record breaking run up to today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStu

We have been On a club record smashing undefeated run and we play lovely football with some excellent players.

The one thing we lack is the one thing Cardiff have and that is battle hardened players.   KMac and Mitro aside, we are mentally a bit lightweight.   Millwall away was tremendous and suggested we had improved that but today, and v Sunderland our performance dropped.  People around me said we were nervous.  Well that may be the case, however a professional footballer need to rise above that and battle when it get really tough.

Piazon and Cairney are both lovely footballers, as are most of our players, but I feel they lack that hard edge you need for these really big games. 

Better to lose today than next Friday, and the players will have the opportunity to make,this performance a bad memory.   At this moment in time I am concerned that the potential lack of bottle could be our biggest enemy.