watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Biggest Worry (If we don't go up)

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 06, 2018, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

If we miss out and that makes it two in a row,and if certain players go we might find ourselves stuck in a rut in this division like Forest,Wednesday to name a couple.
This I believe with the players we have should have been the season we did it,if we fail I kinda fear the worst.

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 06, 2018, 05:10:59 PM
If we miss out and that makes it two in a row,and if certain players go we might find ourselves stuck in a rut in this division like Forest,Wednesday to name a couple.
This I believe with the players we have should have been the season we did it,if we fail I kinda fear the worst.

I did but thinking about it, we would still have a good chance. We will get a of money for Sess, TC etc. If we are allowed to reinvest that, we should be able to build a good team.

Still, we wont ever find out as we're winning at Wembley!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Dougie

Yes if we don't go up this year then our turnover + chairman funding puts us level with teams like Forest and Wednesday.

A few things things in our favour:
#1 is our academy. We have a category one, neither Forest or Wednesday have one, to the best of my knowledge. It's already producing talent.
#2 is the Riverside development. Once developed, it could add several million a year to our turnover if done right. That doesn't replace our parachute money, but it bridges about half of the gap.
#3 Is Ryan Sessegnon. If we can get a good fee for him that will fund our competing at this level for 2 to 3 more years.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Maybe, just maybe most of the players can be convinced to stay one more season.
If we get off to a much better start next season hopefully we can 'do a Wolves"
Give it one more season, they'll only be a year older with still time for  opportunities
if we fail.

Not gonna be needed though  !!!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Kentish Gent

Yep, I share the view that if we don't go up - and as a lifelong FFC fan I'm more than a little wary about our prospects this time - then we know that TC and Sess will go for very big bucks indeed.

Providing the chairman allows Slav to reinvest that money in new talent, I'd think we'll be in for another brilliant year, but this time with a faster start.

So keep the faith. Do I think we'll go up via the playoffs? History says probably not, particularly as we have gone past our performance peak. Do I think we'll go up as champions next year? Absolutely!

hovewhite

Quote from: Kentish Gent on May 06, 2018, 06:35:50 PM
Yep, I share the view that if we don't go up - and as a lifelong FFC fan I'm more than a little wary about our prospects this time - then we know that TC and Sess will go for very big bucks indeed.

Providing the chairman allows Slav to reinvest that money in new talent, I'd think we'll be in for another brilliant year, but this time with a faster start.

So keep the faith. Do I think we'll go up via the playoffs? History says probably not, particularly as we have gone past our performance peak. Do I think we'll go up as champions next year? Absolutely!
agree,what will be will be!!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Let's be honest about this, if we don't go up we will be ripe for the pickings of Premiership teams, and even other Championship teams.

Forget our Loan signings, of our own players Sess, Cairney, and Fred will probably go to the Premiership, possibly joined by Betts to West Ham

MacD and Johansen could feel that their efforts over the last two seasons have come to nothing and be tempted enough by the approaches of other Championship rivals to try their luck elsewhere. These things happen!!

Much depends on Slav staying as that could persuade some to stay, but otherwise it will be a long haul rebuilding the team no matter how much money we have available.

Milo

Macdonald captain.

Edun, O' Reilly, Steven Sess all come in.

Sign Norwood and Targett.

Few new signings with our pocket money from sales.

AK keeps developing.

All will be fine!

Luka

The biggest worry will be Slav and his mind set.
Will he still be up for another season fighting in this league?

Twig

Quote from: Luka on May 06, 2018, 07:02:27 PM
The biggest worry will be Slav and his mind set.
Will he still be up for another season fighting in this league?

That's the milion dollar question. Players are replaceable but finding another manager of SJ's quality would be tough indeed. Personally I hate the idea of another slog through this division but I fear it is where we are heading.

Dougie

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 06, 2018, 06:29:42 PM
Maybe, just maybe most of the players can be convinced to stay one more season.

Out of the first team squad, none are out of contract next year that the club does not have the option of another year. So if they do leave this summer, it'll be on our terms (hopefully).

Southcoastffc

If, if, if we don't, it's a matter of keeping the faith. Look at Brighton's recent history and remember the Khan's state: "Whatever it takes"  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

We were singing this song all last week , it did us no good.
Can we now put it to bed until we are promoted or out of the play offs.

The Enclosurite

IF we stay down, number one priority must be to keep Slav.  One of the factors in convincing him to stay must be to continue to give him full control over transfers.  I really feel, if we do this, that he is more than capable of finding decent replacements for any players we happen to lose.
¡COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

The next 24 hours we all I hope will feel a little better. At the moment and myself included, we do not appear to have a lot of faith in negotiating the play offs. But a week in football is long time.
In our case it's five days.
Let's wait to see our fate in the next ten days, we have the away leg first, and we can win anywhere when we get our act together.
If we do not make it let's chew the fat then.
Because at the moment it feels as though we are arranging a funeral for a burial next week before the impending corpse has stopped breathing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Aaron

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I honestly don't care if we go up.

I've absolutely loved our time in the Championship.  Cracking away days, winning more than we lose, renewed rivalries with Brentford and QPR, easier time getting tickets.. What's not to like?

It would be a real shame to not see this particular squad have a go at the Premier League though.  I think we could turn some heads as it is, but if we strengthened even more and brought in a few household names, who knows?

Parachute payments ending is unfortunate, but as has already been said we have a few aces up our sleeve in terms of funding another couple of years at this level which would give us a competitive advantage over most of the league.

I still hope we do it of course, but it wouldn't bother me one bit to see us stay at this level.

JoelH5

Quote from: Aaron on May 06, 2018, 08:48:46 PM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: I honestly don't care if we go up.

I've absolutely loved our time in the Championship.  Cracking away days, winning more than we lose, renewed rivalries with Brentford and QPR, easier time getting tickets.. What's not to like?

It would be a real shame to not see this particular squad have a go at the Premier League though.  I think we could turn some heads as it is, but if we strengthened even more and brought in a few household names, who knows?

Parachute payments ending is unfortunate, but as has already been said we have a few aces up our sleeve in terms of funding another couple of years at this level which would give us a competitive advantage over most of the league.

I still hope we do it of course, but it wouldn't bother me one bit to see us stay at this level.

I've grown quite attached to our players. For me, going up means we are more likely to keep most of them and that's a big positive. The year we went down I remember thinking, we can start winning games again! I do understand what you mean but for me, we deserve to go up and I want the players and Slav to be rewarded for the work they've put in.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

My advice for the next couple of weeks, is to keep out of that Garden Shed of yours, and cancel any illegal activities and events you may have arranged for the Shed via the backdoor.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.