more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 concerns about Derby

Started by Southcoastffc, May 06, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

1. Our mental fortitude
2. Targett's injury - if he's not fit I'd keep Sess forward and rejig the back line. Maybe play Kalas and put Odoi at LB.
3. Derby scored a hatful today and will be confident. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

The next match is the most important. The team and the manager must use today's set back as a strength to bounce back and storm Derbys Castle, not shrink into a shell and hide under a blade of grass, otherwise it will all be over very quickly for another year, and we will have nothing to show for it once again.
I do not think we will ever have a better opportunity.
Assuming of course the players and the manager are hurting enough to want to regroup and have the desire the appetite and the hunger to knock Derby over.
Play like pussycats again, and we will be sunk for at least another year.
If we cannot beat Derby over two legs, then we are nowhere near as good as we think we are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

3?.....I've only got one......

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Statto on May 06, 2018, 07:34:56 PM
Agree

Not sure I can really be bothered to go to the away leg, not feeling at all optimistic

And if we lose at pride park can I see this team replicating one of those juventus-type nights where we come back from the dead? No chance, I will struggle to motivate myself even to go to the home leg

Don't worry, I am sure there are lots of other Fulham fans who will jump at the opportunity to go to both matches to cheer the team on.

HV71

My 3 concerns are

Vydra
Vydra
Vydra

Sgt Fulham

Come on we lose 1 game and suddenly the team are awful bottlers that deserve relegation? Go to the playoff games and cheer the boys on. We're well capable of beating Derby and have done so in recent weeks. I'm sure they're disappointed that they're facing us rather than Cardiff or Villa.

SP

Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 06, 2018, 07:40:16 PM
Agree

Not sure I can really be bothered to go to the away leg, not feeling at all optimistic

And if we lose at pride park can I see this team replicating one of those juventus-type nights where we come back from the dead? No chance, I will struggle to motivate myself even to go to the home leg

Don't worry, I am sure there are lots of other Fulham fans who will jump at the opportunity to go to both matches to cheer the team on.

:plus one:

The fallout today has really surprised me. Yes, we're all bitterly disappointed, particularly the players I expect.  We've lost one game.  Move on & get behind the players again, we all need to show some bottle now.

hovewhite

Show bottle,I'll be opening a few shortly😎

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is not losing today which is the biggest concern, it is the gradual dropping away in April.
One good period - 45 minutes against Milwall.
I listened to Radio London today and they agreed on this point.

Riversider

Agree

That's the spirit 😩

JoelH5

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 06, 2018, 08:21:04 PM
It is not losing today which is the biggest concern, it is the gradual dropping away in April.
One good period - 45 minutes against Milwall.
I listened to Radio London today and they agreed on this point.

This is true and it has been my concern however, it's now clearer than day to the players. No second chances at this stage. If they can't get fired up and give it there all now in the position we're in, they shouldn't be playing for the club.

I think we'll clme out firing and if we had scraped a draw today but not gone up I'd actually be a lot more worried. I think this is the kick up the arse we needed and also we can finally drop this stupid 22 unbeaten tag and 'oh they have to lose sometime.' Now we can just play our football.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Whitesideup

My main concern is that with Sess and Piazon wide, we have little creativity down the flanks. Both technically good players, but at times we are too predictable. We need pace and threat as teams are getting better at countering our strength down the middle. Not just Sunderland, I'm thinking Brentford and QPR as well.

FFCFOREVER

I for one , would absolutely love to be at the game Friday but cant as I have my stag weekend in Bournemouth to attend.I have asked my best men if I can blow it out for the game and we do something in Derby instead but have been told a resounding 'NO' and that I can watch it on Sky instead. I must make sure im not blotto by then ,the game is all that matters to me right now.COYW

jeremyfulham

Statto,please don't bother we need people to go that are going to get behind the team no matter what setbacks they have to overcome COYW  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Not only am I going up to Derby, but I shall chat up their women and drink their beer.
Come on Fulham FC get in there.

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
Not only am I going up to Derby, but I shall chat up their women and drink their beer.

You might take that back when you see them! ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 06, 2018, 09:45:41 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 06, 2018, 09:37:10 PM

You might take that back when you see them! ;)

I never thought of that   :doh:

Never forget your Roots.

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Fulham76

We can't afford another slow start in this one, as we have done in the last 5-6 games, or they could blow us away & the tie be over before the home leg - or even half time in the first leg.

They've found a bit of form last few games, which is annoying. This is going to be a tough one.

bill taylors apprentice

I can't believe any player can't physic themselves up for the forthcoming fixtures, it now more about strength of character!
If the preparation is correct its a fresh start and no reason why we cant turn on the magic!

That goes for both teams but our relatively comfortable winning run in last season did nothing to affect our play off performances in a positive way!